• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware Of Organized Gangs On Road.

ash

Got this in an e-mail, but I refrain form posting the 3 wheeler number and the face of the person. Whether the incident is true or not this sort of thing could happen to anyone. So take precautionary actions in case. FYI.

Dear all,

This is an actual situation my self & my wife Lilanthi faced last Thursday 13th morning at around 7.40. We had dropped our son at school at Haveloktown and was on our way to our office in Nugegoda. We usually take the Polhengoda road and then take a left turn at the Kirulapona Cemetery and take the old road to Nugegoda avoiding high level road. When we were approaching the Siebel avenue junction I notice a blue colour three wheeler behind me coming at high speed. Few meters ahead I had to suddenly break due to the car in front suddenly breaking due to some obstruction in front. I heard the Bajaj breaking behind with the noise of it's wheel screeching and coming to a halt at an angle almost knocking the vehicle which was going in the opposite direction. I was enjoying the morning breeze having my shutters down so I could hear the all noises around me including the Bajaj driver shouting. I stopped for a few seconds and had a look at the mirrors and since no one hit any one we proceeded along the route.

It was when I was taking the left turn at the Kirulapona Cemetery that I noticed that this Bajaj was coming behind me at break neck speed trying to overtake me on both sides. Due to the heavy traffic both ways and since the road was narrow he just could not overtake my car though he tried his best. Just before the railway crossing he abandoned his Bajaj and came running behind my car banging on the sides threatening me to pullover and shouting to the onlookers that I had knocked down a chid and was getting away. By then I had put up my shutters and locked all doors and this fellow was banging on the windows trying to break and get in to the vehicle. Finally the traffic was so slow that I could not move faster than him who was running with the car and he grabbed a huge stone and stood in front of the car leaving me no choice but to stop. He used all the filth on us and got us to reverse to a side lane after which I got down and confronted him face to face.

When I inquired from him what his problem was he abused and threatened both of us in filth claiming that I hit his bajaj and his child got thrown away and demanded that we follow him to the place of the incident. He also was shouting to the onlookers and claiming that this was a hit and run making sure no one came to our rescue. At this moment my wife dialled "119" and seeing this he shouted and said that he would kill us even later if we tell the police and he took a snapshot of the car with his mobile phone. He also dialled a few numbers and gave some instructions. By now it was clear to us that this fellow was trying a fast one but without any other choice I agreed to come to the place of the incident and followed him back with thinking that I could find a getaway through Siebel avenue. Traffic was very heavy towards the city and he was marching in front abandoning his Bajaj (later only we realised that his Bajaj had a flat tire). By this time my wife dialled "119" and they informed us that the cops are already manning the junction at the Kirulapona Cemetery and do go to them directly. We were much relived to see the cops at the junction and with their help apprehend the fellow and took him to the Kirulapona Police. When the culprit realised that he was been cornered pleaded with us not to take him to the cops.

If we did not come across any police personnel and if the bajaj did not have a flat tyre the matter might have ended differently. The prompt attention given by police "119" should be commended. Special mention has to be made regarding police officer Mr. Moragoda (who incidentally is from Kurunegala police and had been assigned for special duty in the city) who quickly analysed the situation and apprehended the culprit.

Now for some pictures I took of the culprit and the bajaj much later after the episode was over ..

THESE ARE ORGANISED GANGS WHO ARE OPERATING IN THE CITY TRYING TO EXTRACT MONEY FROM MOTORIST BY CORNERING THEM. BE AWARE OF THEM AND TRY NOT TO USE NARROW ROADS AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED AND THE SHUTTERS UP WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

13057851cs7.jpg

22428157kr2.jpg

Thanks Ash. Scary incident. This might be a reflection of how scary the economic situation in the country has deteriorated to. Glad that you were lucky enough to escape this ordeal without much hardship.

Got this in an e-mail, but I refrain form posting the 3 wheeler number and the face of the person. Whether the incident is true or not this sort of thing could happen to anyone. So take precautionary actions in case. FYI.

13057851cs7.jpg

22428157kr2.jpg

Thaks for sharing this info.....

But seriously...

Please post the face and the Plate - we need to know who this F%&*er is and may be cut his Balls off the next time

Mods please excuse my language and hope U would see the light and alllow ash to put the images... as this effects us all.

Thaks for sharing this info.....

But seriously...

Please post the face and the Plate - we need to know who this F%&*er is and may be cut his Balls off the next time

Mods please excuse my language and hope U would see the light and alllow ash to put the images... as this effects us all.

Yeah mate it's better if you could post the mans face. so all the members know who he is if he ever try again to do something like tht. and thanks sharing this with us. these kinda punks need a lesson somehow.

There were some insidents happend like this in Nugegoda area, mostly near Railway crossings,, and its best to use main roads and avoide Short cuts, mostly at Night times i take these Short cuts at Nugegoda area and i see Thugs around some roads, and there is a Railway crossing very famous for thesethings, Today around 10.45 at Night when i goin on that road i saw 2 guys standing middle of the road near that Railway crossing, then i flash head lights and speed towards them then they quickly ran to a side, when driving in these areas its not safe to drive very slow, and never ever stop,

Edited by GihanFX

Glad that you were lucky enough to escape this ordeal without much hardship.

Oh no.... It didn’t happen to me. :unsure: This is from an e-mail. I’m not sure how I will react to such a situation.

I actually deleted the mail and the pictures after posting on the thread. May be Devinda still got the mail. If ethical, dev could post those pics.

Oh no.... It didn’t happen to me. :unsure: This is from an e-mail. I’m not sure how I will react to such a situation.

I actually deleted the mail and the pictures after posting on the thread. May be Devinda still got the mail. If ethical, dev could post those pics.

Sorry machan, i clear my inbox out after reading so , don't have the mail

Thanks for sharing the incident and for pictures

got the same email from friends minus the pics though... it' was almost to surreal to be true but i guess these sorta stuff sadly happens for real...

I'm curious as to what happened to this trishaw bugger though... The cops should do summin to these sorta fellows cos it must be rare to catch these guys and when it happens they should be deal with in such a way that other wanna-be's will think twice before attempting these things

Thanks Ash for sharing the story with us.Thanks S_N for the pics.

Even I came across a kinda similar situation a month back...A motorcycle bugger knocked my car from side when i was almost stationary and was 'demanding in a scary threatning way and was full of filth'....very unfortunately for him ..that was not his day ...he met the wrong car and the very wrong guy!!! :) Now he knows what really means 'pain' is. ;)

MINIACE

The mistake here is our d**m community. Their education level, there level of decency. When ever there is

respect somewhere, every body enjoys a decent lifestyle. All leads with income level.

However, The 3Wheel and Asok Leyland fellows are ruining the roads. They know where to break the law and still be

the nice guy. They have the 3rd sense, to be free from getting caught to police. Once I was a victim and during riding and when I tried to teach him a lesson, I got cought breaking traffic laws.. what to do.. all for the good of b**ta*ds.

Goverments are scared of ganged teams like 3wheel fellows, bus associations..!!

Even I came across a kinda similar situation a month back...A motorcycle bugger knocked my car from side when i was almost stationary and was 'demanding in a scary threatning way and was full of filth'....very unfortunately for him ..that was not his day ...he met the wrong car and the very wrong guy!!! :) Now he knows what really means 'pain' is. ;)

MINIACE

miniasce special ha ha hope u didnt shoot the bugger...well this is a serious issue mates specially for lady drivers n night drivers...thankz for the info ash

MINIACE

Thats da way bro........ :angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060:

miniasce special ha ha hope u didnt shoot the bugger...well this is a serious issue mates specially for lady drivers n night drivers...thankz for the info ash

No mate..I tried to remain calm since I had my better half with me that time.Very seriously I felt ,filth that guy used disrespect ma woman more than anything.Honestly felt like a loser (still very unfortunately for the biker) and couldnt stop ma self of doing the street justice.Otherwise im cool as ice you know :rolleyes:

MINIACE

No mate..I tried to remain calm since I had my better half with me that time.Very seriously I felt ,filth that guy used disrespect ma woman more than anything.Honestly felt like a loser (still very unfortunately for the biker) and couldnt stop ma self of doing the street justice.Otherwise im cool as ice you know :rolleyes:

MINIACE

Way to go Miniace! im guessing that particular dude wont try the same sort of stunt again! were you in the mini?