• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me To Buy

sajithgamage

my budjet is around 3.5m

i have two options. 121 or a allion

what gives the best fuel consumption??

are there allions available for 3.5m??

give ur ideas people :)

A problem which most people have nowadays is knowing what to buy and not having the resources..but you on the other hand is vise versa. If I had that type of money I 'ed rather buy 2 cars. But you been able to afford thirty five lacks on a car..(just for a car) means like you have enough money to pump in enough amounts on petrol. Tell me my friend. So is it really economy that you are after? Or is it the looks.

My opinion:

*Both cars have LEV mechanism meaning both are economical.

*Both cars are VVTi

*Both share same power 80Kw

*Both share same gearbox -Super ECT (super intelligent 4 speed automatic)

*Both care share same specs for most common elements except for weight! Oh yeah weight! The next factor which decides power-to-weight ratio which in turn effects economy

*The Allion is 90Kgs heavier than the Corolla, meaning by theory the Corolla is lighter with same power as Allion which in turn should be more economical!

But more matters add to the economy of the car like for eg:- Tunning, way of driving etc..

So...up to you now to decide.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Edited by priya

A problem which most people have nowadays is knowing what to buy and not having the resources..but you on the other hand is vise versa. If I had that type of money I 'ed rather buy 2 cars. But you been able to afford thirty five lacks on a car..(just for a car) means like you have enough money to pump in enough amounts on petrol. Tell me my friend. So is it really economy that you are after? Or is it the looks.

My opinion:

*Both cars are VVTi

*Both care share same specs for most common elements except for weight! Oh yeah weight! The next factor which decides power-to-weight ratio which in turn effects economy

*The Allion is 90Kgs heavier than the Corolla, meaning by theory the Corolla is lighter with same power as Allion which in turn should be more economical!

But more matters add to the economy of the car like for eg:- Tunning, way of driving etc..

true man.. can we get a loan from u.. jsut kidding.. yeah i think priya hit the nail on the spot.... but i think u will still find it dfficult to find a good allion for 3.5M but corrolla u might be able to..

a lot of hunting ought to find you an Allion for that price , but registered

my guess is the 121 will be more frugal

I too agree with Devinda. A superb condition 2003 year 121 corolla could be a really good investment for the money and better if you can hunt a G -limited grade car with full option, cos then you have a good secured resale value. Im not quite sure about the prices but it might not exceed 3.3 -3.4 million. From the balance 1 lakh, you can pump petrol to your corolla for the whole year.................. :D In my view, Allion seems to be good and famous in the car market but it looks too much heavier for a 1.5 L petrol engine which can adversely effect on the fuel efficiency :blink: . But if you really like the allion, you can go for the 1.8L version with a good power to weight combination, anyway then you have to sacrifice the fuel efficiency. But options wise Allion is superior than corolla cos Allion has a collection of many options as the name suggests All-in-one (Allion). Anyway its upto you to decide.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I dont know how much my post will contribute to the question, but i too have a question:

what makes the Allion so much better than the Corolla, to me its 2 different ranges, like apples and oranges... I have had the perception that the allion is given a sort of artificial image upgrade by us sri lankans in comparison to the corolla, when in fact its almost the same car in a different body-shell... and the allion has about a 200,000 price difference over a corolla of its same age right?

My opinion:

*Both cars are VVTi

wow!! thanks for your advice mate:)

wel.....i need both the looks and the economy :D allion has better looks when comparing to 121 for sure. but in the fuel i think 121 is better :action-smiley-060: what to select?? :action-smiley-060:

but a guy in this thread said that allion for 3.5m is rather impossible :D so better to go with a 121 i think :)

what would be the minimum budget i need to buy a good allion??

Edited by sajithgamage

I too agree with Devinda. A superb condition 2003 year 121 corolla could be a really good investment for the money and better if you can hunt a G -limited grade car with full option, cos then you have a good secured resale value. Im not quite sure about the prices but it might not exceed 3.3 -3.4 million. From the balance 1 lakh, you can pump petrol to your corolla for the whole year.................. :D In my view, Allion seems to be good and famous in the car market but it looks too much heavier for a 1.5 L petrol engine which can adversely effect on the fuel efficiency :blink: . But if you really like the allion, you can go for the 1.8L version with a good power to weight combination, anyway then you have to sacrifice the fuel efficiency. But options wise Allion is superior than corolla cos Allion has a collection of many options as the name suggests All-in-one (Allion). Anyway its upto you to decide.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

first of all thanks for your advice mate :) i have few questions :D

what's the different in the G grade and other grades??

why it has the most valuable second hand market??

is it the most expensive within its other grades??

how much will be a "not a G grade" 121??

hope you'll help me :)

Well if your going to buy a corolla why don't u go for a Luxel grade? thats the Highest grade of the corolla Range (it's got a 1800cc Motor though). i owned one and managed to squeeze 18Kmpl from long distance driving (recently replaced all the Sensors & Tranny oil). normally it does around 11Kmpl in heavy Traffic.

well talking about the trim levels, X is the Base model (u dont even get the tachometer mate!!) made for the Japanese market. then Comes The G. with all these Climate controls and other extras chrome plated mouldings etc.. last you get the Luxel, got a 1.8L engine, Gate type Shifter, Rear Folding seats, Climate control, Illuminated Dash Panel, chrome door handles plus rear garnish and some of them comes with pearl Paint. u get other models like XLI made in Japan but made for the Singapore market. in this model u get all the features in X but with added features like leather seats etc.. this is bit cheaper in the market and most of them comes with 1300cc engines which is bit underpowered.

Edited by Ruslan

Ruslan has made a good description about the grades and their options as follows so I advice you to go through it. And apart from what he has mentioned, I would like to add some info too.

First I would like to introduce myself as a post owner of a LX grade Singaporean model corolla - 2001). So im advising you from my experience, I got when i was searching for a corolla, using it and selling it.

First of all the main difference in the G grade and other Grades is the Climate Control, simply this is the Fully Automatic air conditioning system you get in the G grade where as X and other Singaporean grades like XLI, LX has the manual dial type air conditioning system. The case of Luxel grade is far different from other grades. Luxel grade was only manufactured till 2002, if Im correct and it had all the luxury options in the corolla 12* series and its superior than all G, X and other grades. And Luxel had a 1.8 L engine.

The 2003 year corollas have the new chrome grill and crystel tail lights at rear. (This crystal lights were not available in the Japanese domestic corollas of 2001, 2002 but those crystals were available in Some Singaporean corollas like XLI grades. If Im correct, the 2003 all corollas have a different head light set from the former year ones. The new head lights have separate lense cups for high beam and low beam where as both beams were inside one lense in the 2001 and 2002 models.

Another difference in G and other grades is, G grade has the teak interior and nickel inner door handles (I mean inside door openers, not outside door handles. Nickel outside door handles are coming only for the G limited grade - 2003).

And the other difference is Japanese domestic models corollas have fabric interior where as most of the singaporean models have the leather interior which is luxury and comfortable than the fabric. But take in to your mind, if you plan to sell your car for a higher value than you purchased after using it for a while, then dont buy the leather seat versions. Cos Sri Lanka car buyers are reluctant to buy that leather seat models..........damn... they like fabric seats regardless how many times you try to convince them!!!!!!! :angry-smiley-048: )

As above mentioned,in most simple terms it is highly recommended you not to go for a singaporean model corolla because it has a low market demand in Sri Lanka and simply its market price is damn low when compared to Japanese corolla ( I personally experienced this when selluing my corolla and believe me it was really hard to convince a guy to buy my car................. but if I had a Jap corolla, it would not be that hard).

As someone has mentioned above, Singaporean models corollas have some good options like all four disk breaks, leather seats where any of Japanese models dont have those. But dont get caught for those options as Sri Lankas car market demand for Singaproean model corollas is very low and simply they dont like those cars regardless of whatever options they have over Jap corollas................ So though singaporean corollas are low in value and Japanese corollas are expensive, always make sure to spend few bucks more and own a jap corolla cos it has a reasonably good and the best resale value. Cos I suffered a lot later for buying a singaporean model corolla. And believe me, when selling it I couldnt sell it for a higher value than I bought and the disaster result was I had to sell it two laks less than the price I bought it for. It ruined two laks of my valuable money :action-smiley-060: ................. And I dont want it to happen again to you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also I forget to tell you.... another minus mark for Singaporean model corollas is most of them come with single air bag or no airbags at all. But all Japanese models come with dual airbags. So this airbag scene in corollas are seen in SL as a major issue and this has also contributed for Japanese corolla to be expensive and singaporean to be less valuable. So go for Japanese.

Again answering your question, G grade is the super grade in 2003 japanese corolla grades (Other grades are X, X limited, 1.6 GLi, X Assista)(And Luxel had been the highest grade in 2001 and 2002 models but it had been discontinued in 2003). And G-limited is superior than G grade because it is a G grade with more options.

So concluding my looooooooooong comment, G Limited grade is the highest grade and most expensive grade in 2003 model corollas and the grading line up goes downwards value wise and option wise as follows.

G- Limited

G

X- Limited

X

So I hope you got a good knowledge about corollas. So choice is upto you bro. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask.

Wish you a happy buy soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :) :) :) :)

Just adding to the good descriptions already given by some....

2003 G Limited comes with Xenons (only for Low beams). As someone already said they have seperate sections inside the light for the low beam and the high beam. Also G Limited has an illuminated dash.

Also you might be intrested to know that the brand new ones bought from Toyota Lanka (XLi and GLi - I think), from 2004 onwards, the face lift ones (With the reverse lights on the boot lid by the side of the number plates, new shell, new head lights etc.) are going for the same or lower price range than the Jap G grades of 2003 (pre face lift). However, you should note that the options and trim level are lower than the Jap ones and they even lack 'ABS' as well.

Edited by Lalinda

I dont know how much my post will contribute to the question, but i too have a question:

what makes the Allion so much better than the Corolla, to me its 2 different ranges, like apples and oranges... I have had the perception that the allion is given a sort of artificial image upgrade by us sri lankans in comparison to the corolla, when in fact its almost the same car in a different body-shell... and the allion has about a 200,000 price difference over a corolla of its same age right?

The thing with the Allion is that it actually is a somewhat superior car to the corolla... The Allion and equivalent Premio were actually the replacements for the Corona/Carinas, which were from the class above the corolla

I've driven and been in several 121s and also a couple of Allions and I have to say that the Allion is a better car... Ride comfort, Noise suppression and general quality of build and materials all feel considerably superior to a 121.

Edited by Supra_Natural

The thing with the Allion is that it actually is a somewhat superior car to the corolla... The Allion and equivalent Premio were actually the replacements for the Corona/Carinas, which were from the class above the corolla

I've driven and been in several 121s and also a couple of Allions and I have to say that the Allion is a better car... Ride comfort, Noise suppression and general quality of build and materials all feel considerably superior to a 121.

ah i c i c.. :) thanks!

but after reading car-maniacs post i'm baffled... man, i didnt think buying a corolla of all cars would be that big a task :D