• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Sleepless Nights Are Over !!!!

Velocity

rippy that video clip is some thing nee ban .... very good work ..... shows how landrovers helped to change the planet and u feel god damn proud to tbe a owner of one nee ..... :rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing this is the colombo sailing club also reffered to as yacht club in bolgoda

Prad

is this the LR clip you speak about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0uSxqHPWGk

one of my fav's on youtube... superb cinematography IMHO :)

If IT buggers have blocked youtube @work try online proxies like www.vtunnel.com, www.anonymouse.org etc... it might work :)

And btw super defense on behalf of the LR's mate... :) :) :)

yeah,

Its actually called the Royal Colombo Yacht Club, but now its become famous for sailing also.

Lots of motor boats there though still. Managing to keep the "put put" boys in da scene.

yup youtube is blocked and tunnelin dont help.

Oh well, have to wait till am back home I guess.

Thanks for the comment on the LR defence. :)

nice ride ... that mobile home concept was really nice r u gona do the same

and by the way abertho machang do u kw any place in dubai where u can do mods for cars and 4x4s for a affordable price .... cos for all these camels they can afford the price in most places but for chaps like us it's kind of too much ... aNY IDEA WHERE u can install some gadgets to a ride. i kw west cost customs r there but i don't want the bling bling ....just some good hard core realable after market performance stuff .... for a good price

Yes Eshan.. is die hard Petrol Head and a dear friend, if you need anything let me know... we bought all our toyotas from him ans the service he gives is still inmatched... would recommend him and toyota lanka anyday..

Prad speak to ESHAN COORAY, he is the TOP of Sales in Toyota. A Die Hard Landrover Fan Too.

Yesterday while i was at Toyota A Middle Aged Lady with her two kids bagged a Silver Landcrusier Cab. She had a Landrover and it seems it was Totaled.

PRAD Excuses to buy One would be :rolleyes:

Schooling for Kids and Office Vehicale

75360655si2.jpg

Mobile Office

38073835ut1.jpg

Mobile Home

22975173vm7.jpg

Weekend Holidays

26758034xh2.jpg

PICS taken from http://www.4x4community.com

nice pics guys !!!

makes you really want to buy 1 when you see them. I really wanted 1 but sometimes its not practical with a family.

I wanted the swb wagon of it, but its only available in oman and not in Dubai which means i'll have issues with service & warranty.

So you got a family now???? How come you never told me?... Do you know who this is???

Is it required to have a Heavy Vehicle Driving License to drive this Landy?

Yes very true Dilesh. white is simple and serene

Route - Capital City Colombo to Sinharaja Nature Reserve Via Matara and Back

Vehicale - Toyota Landcruiser 79 series Single Cab

Engine 4200cc

Trip - First 1000km

52224904yw6.jpg

84748785gs0.jpg

89992097gr9.jpg

67265787zt4.jpg

86509797ik4.jpg

Edited by Velocity

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations machan. Welcome to the world of 4x4. I think you made a good decision. I have some nice pics of the land cruisers of leapord safari guys. they are in my phone. will transfer them to the computer and post here when i get some time. Machan...What suspension do you have in rear. is it very bumpy.

Engine 4200cc

Trip - First 1000km

86509797ik4.jpg

Looks like you’ve been having some nice drives - Lucky you :D

The foggy drive seems to be good but U better have some fogs – went to Ohoyia with some friends – took the wrong turn and ended up in worlds end – good thing we had fogs – just could not see more than 10ft ahead.

Any idea of a canopy ?

thanks brother !!!!! :)

What suspension do you have in rear. is it very bumpy.

REAR IS LEAF SPRINGS

Yeah bro its bumpy on pot holed roads, but thats if you slow down. when going fast it feels less.

Also machan i was suprised to find how comfy it was on carpet roads,

but on the bends you need to take care if you do not have a load cos the rear tends to come out a bit.

By the way bro are you overseas these days.

Edited by Velocity

Looks like you’ve been having some nice drives - Lucky you :D

The foggy drive seems to be good but U better have some fogs – went to Ohoyia with some friends – took the wrong turn and ended up in worlds end – good thing we had fogs – just could not see more than 10ft ahead.

Any idea of a canopy ?

bro i got the snorkelle only. Still in search for a nice bull bar. Machan canopy and seats nawala cushion work quoted me 200,000 bucks which i feel is bit too much

what do you think guys !!!

Edited by Velocity

Congrats again, after seeing this i went to Toyota to see for a pickup ... but 3 months waiting period and 30,900US$ for the full option with winch, over fenders etc. I just found out we can buy the 3door wagon from Oman for 28,500$ which is pretty reasonable and the family can drive it too :-)

Oman Toyota has a secret agent in Dubai to offer the warranty & service too. I dont think Dubai Toyota will be too happy about that as Oman offers cars for around 1500$ cheaper than Dubai guys plus offer warranty & service !!!

You're lucky, get some OEM cosmetics done (over fenders, alloys, etc) and it will look very nice !!! dont do anything to the engine, its good as it is and an amazing power to weight ratio. only department you'll have to look into is the bumpy ride ... guys here do something with the rear leafs, i will ask around and see what exactly it is.

KotteMafia>i've sent you a PM

Sold the Patrol and bought this :

4000cc 3 doors ... amazing in the desert :)

only thing is front IFS ... compared to solid type available in the LC pickup/wagon/wrangler/patrol/

anyone heard that the Prado might change shape next year?

dscf2588sssph6.th.jpg

Edited by albertho

Congrats again, after seeing this i went to Toyota to see for a pickup ... but 3 months waiting period and 30,900US$ for the full option with winch, over fenders etc. I just found out we can buy the 3door wagon from Oman for 28,500$ which is pretty reasonable and the family can drive it too :-)

Oman Toyota has a secret agent in Dubai to offer the warranty & service too. I dont think Dubai Toyota will be too happy about that as Oman offers cars for around 1500$ cheaper than Dubai guys plus offer warranty & service !!!

You're lucky, get some OEM cosmetics done (over fenders, alloys, etc) and it will look very nice !!! dont do anything to the engine, its good as it is and an amazing power to weight ratio. only department you'll have to look into is the bumpy ride ... guys here do something with the rear leafs, i will ask around and see what exactly it is.

KotteMafia>i've sent you a PM

Sold the Patrol and bought this :

4000cc 3 doors ... amazing in the desert :)

only thing is front IFS ... compared to solid type available in the LC pickup/wagon/wrangler/patrol/

anyone heard that the Prado might change shape next year?

dscf2588sssph6.th.jpg

damn bro 3 months waiting time - i dont think i can live with that LOL.

bro is that because they are selling like hot cakes or not being sold at all

machan is that price for the single cab or the 5 door wagon.

Nice prado MU. thats one of the best 4x4 and i have seen that doing wonders in MUD in countries like el salvador and south american countries

Engine 4200cc

Trip - First 1000km

52224904yw6.jpg

84748785gs0.jpg

89992097gr9.jpg

67265787zt4.jpg

86509797ik4.jpg

A Lovely hard working bird. Can I know the fuel consumption of this bird?

dscf2588sssph6.th.jpg

Albertho by 3-door wagon do you mean the Troop Carrier? Care to post a picture?

KLM, nope i meant the 3Door short wheel base ... they call it the RUB'3 (slang) in this region.

Velocity :

'08 Pickup full option 30,900US$ (toyota dubai).

'08 3door shortwheelbase is 28,500$ from Oman.

3months waiting because they dont bring in that many, 5 months waiting for the FJ cruiser !!

Thx for the compliments .... lets divert our attention back to the beautiful white pickup here :) before i get arrested for thread jacking

Edited by albertho