• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche Panamera

ferrarif50

• 1 month later...

Oh god!!! It look awful to me in profile and front on - bit Corvette C6-ish :o . The rear is the only angle I can accept. What ashame! We know Porsche can do better! Look at the 928!

Also heard that the hedeous Cayenne is getting an Audi Diesel! :(

Oh god!!! It look awful to me in profile and front on - bit Corvette C6-ish :o . The rear is the only angle I can accept. What ashame! We know Porsche can do better! Look at the 928!

Also heard that the hedeous Cayenne is getting an Audi Diesel! :(

Agreed that the profile look is not nice. Looks more Wagon than 4 door coupe.

I kinda like the sloping lines and the subtle bulge on the hood, and I like how its instantly recognisable as a Porsche; but then again it holds no candle to the Maserati Quattroporte.

As far as the Cayenne is concerned I really think that adding a diesel to the line-up is a GOOD thing.

A diesel engine in the Cayenne won't necessarily mean for a slower car. In the Chayanne's case the diesel engine from the Q7 is going to get it over 400 newton meters of torque which will feel like a kick in the pants everytime you floor it. For everyday driving (in my opinion) its not really all about hp and top speed. What really counts is low-end power: torque. Are the performance figuares for this model out yet? I wouldn't be suprised if its faster that the current base model Cayenne.

i don't kw what Porsche design team & the management is thinking. r they gona quit from super car maker and become a saloon car maker ... :unsure: first of all the design looks ugly ... seems like they worked this on the same cayenne platform where they screwed up and made one ugly SUV (but ppl r buying it like crazy). it just feels like a lowered cayenne in my eyes ... <_<

may be the platform is changing for porsche & they r focusing on alot of normal clients ... who wil surely go for this new 4door cAr over a lexus , merc or even a beemer .... but i guess with this model if they tired to Compete with the quattropote .. they are day dreaming cos that is the king in 4 door saloon sport cars

i've seen lot of guys buy the Cayenne over the land cruser / lexus / infiniti / BMW even the merc SUV range. i was asking my self why and one day i asked one of the guys who bought one and he explained the price between cayenne and the others hv no big difference and u can easyly take her out to the club or some V*P party after a small 4x4 drive and for a day to day runner it's not that bad tooo he explained .... may be the fella is a rich dood and it was his way of thinking ... i don't kw but i would have always gone for a good old landy ...

hope this won't be the case for the new porsche ... i can drive a bit more sporty when i'm on my way to drop my kids to school or my wife for shopping ... and i can drag with some dood who owns a cool ride with my full suit on ...:lolz

but one thing is for sure for the guys who r just over the fence and who wants to show off a bit more than they have these new models of porsche wil surely fil the gap .....

As far as the Cayenne is concerned I really think that adding a diesel to the line-up is a GOOD thing.

A diesel engine in the Cayenne won't necessarily mean for a slower car. In the Chayanne's case the diesel engine from the Q7 is going to get it over 400 newton meters of torque which will feel like a kick in the pants everytime you floor it. For everyday driving (in my opinion) its not really all about hp and top speed. What really counts is low-end power: torque. Are the performance figuares for this model out yet? I wouldn't be suprised if its faster that the current base model Cayenne.

Of course it's all very sensible and all.

But my point is that they're diluting the brand value like crazy. Porsche now own the VW group which consists of VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley and Lambo. They can leave the Diesel SUV to Audi and VW. Porsche has been a truly great brand with a fabulous competition history. The core of the brand is lightness, sportiness, racing, responsiveness, minimalism, purity of engineering etc. That what has made Porsche what it is (until recently). That's what makes the Porsche brand stand out above the rest.

It beats me what a humongous levithian of an SUV is doing in its range............. and now it's going to get a heavy VW diesel engine!! What's the differnece between the Cayenne and the Toureg then....?

They can leave the Diesel SUV to Audi and VW. Porsche has been a truly great brand with a fabulous competition history. The core of the brand is lightness, sportiness, racing, responsiveness, minimalism, purity of engineering etc. That what has made Porsche what it is (until recently). That's what makes the Porsche brand stand out above the rest.

It beats me what a humongous levithian of an SUV is doing in its range............. and now it's going to get a heavy VW diesel engine!! What's the differnece between the Cayenne and the Toureg then....?

too late - its done :(

Diesel Cayenne

Porsche SUV gets a 3-litre V6 oil-burner under the bonnet

By Stephen Dobie - 24th November 2008

Traditionalists may not like it, but Porsche has gone diesel. The Cayenne mud-plugger will gain an Audi-sourced 3-litre V6 turbodiesel from February 2009.

The engine puts out 240bhp while returning a combined 30.4mpg and producing 244g/km of CO2. Not too shabby in a massive 4x4 such as the Cayenne. The car comes with Tiptronic-S auto transmission as standard for its £40,250 asking price, with a Porsche experience driving day thrown in to learn how to properly push your new buy.

There'll be a hybrid by the end of the decade, too, which will offer 31mpg+ while also dramatically cutting carbon emissions. The same technology will also make an appearance in the Panamera saloon, which was also revealed this week.

car_photo_294459_25.jpg

car_photo_294465_25.jpg

car_photo_294462_25.jpg

Source : Evo Magazine http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/231882/diesel-cayenne.html

Edited by Devinda_Z

Top Gear came up with an interesting styling comparison! :lol:

1568747bzp9.jpg13-austin-maxi.jpg

Austin Maxi

Ha ha trust them to do that. Read the massive group test in the current issue though and the damn Cayenne wins over the X6, Lex, LR3, Land Cruiser etc etc and it was mostly off road :o . Beauty's only skin deep :unsure: ??

Ha ha trust them to do that. Read the massive group test in the current issue though and the damn Cayenne wins over the X6, Lex, LR3, Land Cruiser etc etc and it was mostly off road :o . Beauty's only skin deep :unsure: ??

all those fugly design lines are right there on the surface of the Porsche!

wasn't this the vey same vehicle that someone said got bogged down at its own launch party at Mt. beach some years ago! :lol:

• 2 months later...
still looks like a very boring car,i dont think many people will be lured off their quattroporte's,the awaited rapide and other sporty gt's to buy one of these instead.from some angles it looks like a korean too.

ouch! :o

now thats harsh - i agree it doesn't have the panache of the Quattroporte but it looks clinical enough to be german

• 2 weeks later...

& some more from Evo Magazine : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/234029/p...ra-details.html

car_photo_301590_25.jpg

Apparently its got a Volvo V50 wagon rivaling 1250 liters worth of carrying capacity yet the top spec motor will propell it to 62mph in a mere 4.2 seconds

the stats sound good! :) , evne if the styling is still questionable..

car_photo_301598_25.jpg

Prices are out for the Panamera! :o

Its said to be out on sale only in September though...

US release October 17th

Panamera S (Base) - 4.8L V8 400-hp. 0 to 60 mph ~ 5.2 seconds, Top speed 175 mph

$89,800

Panamera 4S - 4.8L V8 All Wheel Drive , 0 to 60 ~ 4.8 seconds

$93,800

Panamera Turbo (Top of the Range) 4.8L twin-turbocharged V8. 500-hp, 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, Top speed of 188 mph.

$132,600

• 7 months later...

anyone fancy a slightly questionably "tuned" Panamera? :blink:

car_photo_335416_25.jpg

car_photo_335410_25.jpg

car_photo_335407_25.jpg

22in dished alloys housed in bulbous new wheelarches

aggressive new bumpers, splitters and spoilers

large rear diffuser

additional air intakes on what appears to be a carbon bonnet.

The CLR 700GT rides 35mm lower than a standard Porsche Panamera

Oh god... who was the bright spark who handed a 16 yr old rice tuner the keys to one of those? Talk about adding injury to insult. I dunno, this Porsche has "Epic Fail" written all over it. I have tolerated enough of this silliness from Porsche. When they went water-cooled in '98 I shrugged it off as progress, and when that horrible Cayenne came out, I was compelled to believe it was to prey on the Western (read: mostly American) demand for large, fast vehicles to better collide into small cars with. But when they unveiled this abomination of everything Porsche was not supposed to be (even more so than the Cayenne because at least that's an SUV), I simply turned away. I mean seriously, it looks like someone squeezed a Cayenne through a Caymen shaped stencil. Lamborghini ftw. At least they made a proper SUV, or more to the fact, a proper high performance off road vehicle, albeit way too ahead of its time. Such a pity they canceled their 4 door Reventon-esque Estoque :( [/rant]

Edited by terrabytetango