• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula Plus Motor Show 2008 [photos updated]

ferrarif50

Don't forget the same owners XJS on the J_ plate! :lol:

Yes the XJS plate beats me. However the Mondial was brought here a long time ago on a CARNE permit. The then owner had pledged it to a financial institution and the present owner bought it from there. It was offered to me :rolleyes: before him. For a moment I went into a dream world and luckily I woke up in time :D !!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure that wasn't 6 sri 5511 - The Gomes' car?

ah the "chairman"s car :) friday before last i believe..

It was this one, but yes the other is blue too - maybe one reason that the colour was changed on this one.

Yes President's car. I think it's a good thing. This shows that there's a strong demand for fully restored genuine classics!!

Perhaps in a hypothetical book called "the history of motoring in Sri Lanka" but not in a Classic car show where most of us expect to see rare and beautiful cars. :D Firstly there's nothing 'classic' about it and secondly there's are still so many around. A drive to Avissawella and Ratnapura means you'll see them in hoards, some in even better shape than the one on show. For me it's extremely ridiculous as is having more than one Morris Minor and VW Beetle. These are cars we see at least one a week on the streets.

To be honest it was a bit heart stopping for a moment for me to see it two years in a row :lol:

I could understand a 120Y coupe though. At least it looks good.

You make a fair point on the 120Y, however its significance is not limited to SL, be it the US or the UK, the 120Y was one of the first cars that had genuine reliability, every day! so for that reason it will be significant in motoring history... the fact that it wasnt a very good car by the criteria that we enthusiasts judge cars is beside the point. Anyway, if i remember right, the 120Y belonged to somebody in the CCC and the organizing committee, which was probably why it was there :)

As for the Beetle and the Minor, they ARE both acceepted as Bona Fide classics the world over....

You make a fair point on the 120Y, however its significance is not limited to SL, be it the US or the UK, the 120Y was one of the first cars that had genuine reliability, every day! so for that reason it will be significant in motoring history...

yes it was the car used as a bench mark for the top gear british leyland challenge,with the stig driving one and others trying to better him....JC said it was specially chosen for introducing reliable motoring to britain...

here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0eB6xeoQ9Y

You make a fair point on the 120Y, however its significance is not limited to SL, be it the US or the UK, the 120Y was one of the first cars that had genuine reliability, every day! so for that reason it will be significant in motoring history... the fact that it wasnt a very good car by the criteria that we enthusiasts judge cars is beside the point. Anyway, if i remember right, the 120Y belonged to somebody in the CCC and the organizing committee, which was probably why it was there :)

As for the Beetle and the Minor, they ARE both acceepted as Bona Fide classics the world over....

Yep yep no doubt the 120Y is a "significant" car whose main significance was reliability above all else. That's probably the last criteria considered for classic status to be earned. And that's the problem. It really has no place in the midst of classic cars. Maybe if the theme was different.....

Also do you really want to see a car that you see almost every week on the streets in a show? I definitrly don't. Like I said a 120Y coupe if there was one would have been really nice.

Yes the guy is in the organizing comittee so I guess the others can't refuse him :lol: But then he does have a decent Spitfire.

Of course the Moggy Minor and Beetle are more classic than the 120Y. But my question is why have more than one each (?) when we could have had cars like the Ciroen DS, Fiat Topolino, Healy 3000, Ferrari Mondial, Lotus Elan convertible etc etc etc which are all with the membership and are in show condition, and a lot more "classic" than the humble VW or Minor.

I say, no one liked my photos this year? :sad-smiley-050: I spent more than 3 hours there and got some kinda muscle strain from all the squats I did too. :sad-smiley-002:

They were great mate and I was wondering in what position you might have had to twist youself to take some of them :D

I say, no one liked my photos this year? :sad-smiley-050: I spent more than 3 hours there and got some kinda muscle strain from all the squats I did too. :sad-smiley-002:

I seen the pics, look awesome but only the Pics, not the content machan, i dnt know why these people orgernice shit motorshows like this, its better to pay and go for another country to see a gud motorshow than goin to BMIC, Everyone dnt like to go and see old cars, The best very motor Event was held is SL was the Andrews Super car meet, then abt 5 yers ago there was a hapening motorshow at BMICH, the days when Dilon had the RX7

awww i liked them Mr.peri :action-smiley-033: ....and you seem to have a severe headlamp fetish if i may say so :lol:

Thank you. But I'm missing this headlight comment. Huh? I only remember taking the Actyon as a headlight only image.

They were great mate and I was wondering in what position you might have had to twist youself to take some of them :D

:) Not too much, I'm not that flexible. Guess the size and reach is an advantage when it means you can position the cam in different ways and places smaller people cant :)

Nice. But should've been labled with the car model :rolleyes:

I try to minimize on post processing. Ruins my art. And labels on the pics cover the picture. Thats no good.

i seemed to have really missed out on that! :lol:

...and you'll aren't gonna let me live it down :(

lol

I don't think they ever will! :lol:

well, i think dilesh is coming down in december.... so there might be an opportunity for another.

I don't think they ever will! :lol:

well, i think dilesh is coming down in december.... so there might be an opportunity for another.

yep, December! Though quite sad that there wont be any races around then :(

And Peri, hehehee! bending around for the not-so-often-captured-angles is all part of the fun of photogrpahy eh :D

yep, December! Though quite sad that there wont be any races around then :(

And Peri, hehehee! bending around for the not-so-often-captured-angles is all part of the fun of photogrpahy eh :D

Thats why they invented the "Twist and flip" screen. To get the not-so-often-captured-angles without needing to be a limbo dancer :lol: