• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula Plus Motor Show 2008 [photos updated]

ferrarif50

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm if rains continue the show will loose interest for most folks...

forget most folks - the blokes who own the classics which are due to go on dispay are hardly the type to let water touch thier precious cars , so if this weather persists, i don't see very many of the entires showing up! :(

Is there any partiuclar reason that there isn't wide spread advertising of this even like they usually would do?? Is SLIC keeping a low profile for a reason :mellow:

forget most folks - the blokes who own the classics which are due to go on dispay are hardly the type to let water touch thier precious cars , so if this weather persists, i don't see very many of the entires showing up! :(

Is there any partiuclar reason that there isn't wide spread advertising of this even like they usually would do?? Is SLIC keeping a low profile for a reason :mellow:

With all the bust car shows this year, they probably know the public is gonna be skeptical. That and that proposed import restriction, probably.

There will be around 200 classic and vintage cars at the show. As at 10.30pm yesterday there were 180+. There aren't many new classics but still def worth a look. I'm guilty of not showing my car as well as it simply couldn't be finished despite my best efforts. :(

it's always the same scenario. you know it's gonna be crap but at the same time compelled to go just in case.. arrrhhh!!!!

same situ here _ hoping to check it out tomorrow but judging form the past events I'm not expecting much

Hay wonder if Sudun J will be comming for this ???????

With all the bust car shows this year, they probably know the public is gonna be skeptical. That and that proposed import restriction, probably.

Really??? That's odd. If the previous car shows were bust, wouldn't it be all the more reason to go all out?

Thats a shame :( what say we arrange a private viewing ;)

Was Bri cruising in his Alpine a few days back - looked amazing on the road! :) funky number too!

Sure. It should be ready in a week or so.

Yes the Alpine is at the show, Ah yes what a number 007!!

if that were the case, you'd think they'd have gotten their act together by now. what with only about a dozen or two mucked up car shows..

Well the different car shows are organized by different institutions. This one is by F**** P*** and the Classic Car Club and is by far the best, thanks to the Classic cars. The new car area is pathetic and not worth even entering there unless you want to get awy from the rain :D .

Anyway can't blame the importers.....biz must be deisasterous.

Well the different car shows are organized by different institutions. This one is by F**** P*** and the Classic Car Club and is by far the best, thanks to the Classic cars. The new car area is pathetic and not worth even entering there unless you want to get awy from the rain :D .

Anyway can't blame the importers.....biz must be deisasterous.

agree

so did anybody go? how was it? hoping to drop by tommorow

Pretty alright. Over 200 cars, probably 250 counting the ones inside, which was all the major agents. Prestige brands all missing tho. Nothing Euro other than Fiat. However, since you enjoy classic cars, it'll be worth your time. Definitely the best show this year, IMHO. But certainly plenty of crowd.