• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xbox

sira

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys need some help!!

A friend of mine had given his XBOX 360 for repairs to a Place called Supertone Electronics at Lucky Plaza on the ground floor .. the shop has now shifted elsewhere along with his xbox... does anyone know where they've shifted to?

• 11 months later...

Yes. Mine suffered a similar fate last weekend. Did you move it recently? Or if its kept vertically was it knocked over? The early xb360s (like mine) were notorious for bad solder joints. Last weeks issue had me going over the mobo with Fluke in hand testing voltages, though I didn't find anything. Then when I placed it back in the chassis, the damn thing booted up as if nothing had happened. AND I was able to download the blades of time demo (the cause of it all) without any further issues.

IMO these things are very temperamental, I've already placed an order for a 4GB slim model because I'm tired of the anxiety this thing causes me whenever I power it up. Also have you done xclamp mod? If you haven't suffered the RROD yet, you will eventually, so might as well get that done, it's especially useful in our climate.

Hi, no machang, it was not moved at all. In fact I was playing ODST a few weeks back and it was fine. I stripped it and cleaned all the contacts the best I could after your reply but still no joy. Guess I will have to hand it over to a place that will know what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply

BTW, mines a Xbox 360S with a 250GB HDD.

Edited by VVTi

You'd be surprised at the number of Slim failures videos on YT, similar issues, Orange Light on, no power. So far both the console and the power brick are in stripped to their components... ;)

Will update.

I managed to get my Xbox 360's power brick burnt :/

are cheap ebay ones okay?

There is a guy called "dave computers" on GLK forum, get in touch with him. From what i hear his service is excellent and the price isnt too bad either.

There is a guy called "dave computers" on GLK forum, get in touch with him. From what i hear his service is excellent and the price isnt too bad either.

Called him, he will be back in Colombo only on Wednsday. Will take it and get him to check.

@ShanX is your PSU orange light glowing with no power to the console?

Guys... quick question.

Thinking of getting a PS3 , I know it can play 3D moves and games but will it still work if I hook it up to a 3D TV which uses passive 3D glasss ? ( LG)

From what I check on the net Sony is using active 3D on all its TV, so wondering if the PS3 is also wired the same way. And if its not compatible with the TV I have a problem..

join the club. 2 days back... :(

Ohh damn lol

Called him, he will be back in Colombo only on Wednsday. Will take it and get him to check.

@ShanX is your PSU orange light glowing with no power to the console?

Nop, mine completely down, coz in my case it was my stupidity, i plugged in the 110v power brick without a voltage converter, right after i unpacked the console :speechless-smiley-004:

My console is fine, i have a cousin's power brick with me at the moment. Btw how much is a new adapter from that guy?

Anyone bought any "region free' games off ebay? They say it works on all systems, with mine being Pal just wanted to be sure..

http://www.ebay.com....=item3a72c6dc89

region free works without hitches. my console is from the UK, supposed to be PAL but NTSC games work as long as they are region free