• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Armoured Truck Project

MasterDon

Hello HelRazor at the moment I am working for US Army in Iraq. I am working those kind of vehicle MTV,FMTV .M35,M925,LMTV.If you need please let me know..............

wow machang that's a dream job you got working with those machines,i'm merely intending to modify a rundown old isuzu 350 elf truck to look something like the LMTV armoured truck,i'm only going for the cosmetic mods this time around by adding very thin steel plates to look like that truck,im not even removing the windshield,cos i fugured i can work around it by adding the new panels externally,to keep the time and cost down,i already have a chasi and an original isuzu engine... and i located an old nkr cabin on the cheap

any ideas you have are welcome :)

0226173234wq8.th.jpg ------------> m1078fmtvlsacbelue1ia3.th.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm RR rear axel?

mighty friendly technicians you have there machan! :lol:

These are not the RR axels machan...front rear both are 300 disk brake ones and rear is a salisbury. just had those crap wheels frm the the RR until the welding comes to an end.

Devinda...as to ur pprevious question , what kind of info are u looking for

These are not the RR axels machan...front rear both are 300 disk brake ones and rear is a salisbury. just had those crap wheels frm the the RR until the welding comes to an end.

Devinda...as to ur pprevious question , what kind of info are u looking for

oh right makes sense :)

hmmm just how they've managed to get power across to all 6 wheels and beyond the 2nd axel :huh:

Helrazor Visit "Deyata Kirula" Army stall.Meet the EMS team and get some ideas.They are displaying three locally made Unicorns.

MINIACE

i do like to take a look at one of those closely......better make it an early morning visit cos of the traffic and parking issues

BTW anybody know a site i can find the blueprints for the LMTV.thanks

Machang try this site to get info.....Click Here

Also check this out if someone is interested in getting an old series Land Rover modded. Otokar just like the good old shorlands.

This might give some ideas..ongoing restoration of my LR FC SIIb

thanks gummy and lakshan

Edited by HelRazor

oh right makes sense :)

hmmm just how they've managed to get power across to all 6 wheels and beyond the 2nd axel :huh:

The 3rd axel (rearmost) is a standard defender one. middle set is the one actually makes this a 6X6. it has links to props from both sides. front end gets powered by the gearbox and when the 6x6 is engaged it locks the rear prop making it effectively a 6x6. this gear functions from a vacuum line.

the rest is all standard defender stuff.

The 3rd axel (rearmost) is a standard defender one. middle set is the one actually makes this a 6X6. it has links to props from both sides. front end gets powered by the gearbox and when the 6x6 is engaged it locks the rear prop making it effectively a 6x6. this gear functions from a vacuum line.

the rest is all standard defender stuff.

sounds impressive - when u mean vacume line , kinda like an Air Locker for the diff/s is it? :unsure:

would love to see it first hand sometime..

hey thanks isam machang,

i don't really care if it's street legal or not machang...as long as it's not illeagel being parked at my place,a couple of short trips in it around the backroads of the chilaw/wennapuwa area is more than enough for me... :)

just wanted something to do keep me occupied in the coming weekends...i have already modded a old nissan cab like this as a pet project

I dunno man, replicating any kind of amoured vehicle in Sri Lanka sounds like a good way to get shot at, particularly if its to be run on lonely backroads. I mean what's stopping a trigger happy home guard or some random army patrol taking potshots at you first and asking questions later? (No offence to ANY armed personnel, and I'm NOT implying that there's incompetency in the ranks in anyway). A worse sennario would be if you were to be arrested on suspicion of having some type of terrorist connection.

But hey, that's just me, the pessimist. B)

I dunno man, replicating any kind of amoured vehicle in Sri Lanka sounds like a good way to get shot at, particularly if its to be run on lonely backroads. I mean what's stopping a trigger happy home guard or some random army patrol taking potshots at you first and asking questions later? (No offence to ANY armed personnel, and I'm NOT implying that there's incompetency in the ranks in anyway). A worse sennario would be if you were to be arrested on suspicion of having some type of terrorist connection.

But hey, that's just me, the pessimist. B)

alright dude..i'l think about it

once again me is not builing an exact replica...and i think what i'm about to do is kinda like adding a bodykit to a car,and i call it an armoured truck replica cos i dunno what else to call it....and i add that i'll keep the end result as unique and conservative as possible...

Edited by HelRazor

once again me is not builing an exact replica...and i think what i'm about to do is kinda like adding a bodykit to a car,and i call it an armoured truck replica cos i dunno what else to call it....and i add that i'll keep the end result as unique and conservative as possible...

Helrazor!

Just wanna add few thoughts. Guess your mission will fulfill your ultimate aspiration but I see some bad clouds behind.

Possibilities are high that your project will run into various security related concerns with state and security establishments especially the SL police who doesn’t know a shit about anything. You are living in a nation where paint ball guns claimed as high tech bio-gas weapons.

Recently I recall a private security firm ran into a serious problem with there four SIII Ladys fitted with thick gauge steel plates. Few arrests were made before they got clear themselves before courts but not before months long legal battles. Insane!

Food for thought mate!

MINIACE

Possibilities are high that your project will run into various security related concerns with state and security establishments especially the SL police who doesn’t know a shit about anything. You are living in a nation where paint ball guns claimed as high tech bio-gas weapons.

MINIACE

ha ha ha

true dat! I too saw army guys in TV with theses paintball guns... I think they were the TIPPMANN types that places like hustlers also use...

Quite embarassing when they go on TV not knowing what a Paintball gun is...

military media units or whoever in charge should check these things before making themselves look like grade A morons to the entire world :(

ha ha ha

true dat! I too saw army guys in TV with theses paintball guns... I think they were the TIPPMANN types that places like hustlers also use...

Quite embarassing when they go on TV not knowing what a Paintball gun is...

military media units or whoever in charge should check these things before making themselves look like grade A morons to the entire world :(

those aren't bad compared to the AK 47 , M16 , Double Eagle & Beretta "BB" guns on sale @ Majestic City & Liberty Plaza! :blink:

hard to tell at a distance

Machang dont think much about it.

Also if you want why not try to give it a mean look like what JC gave his truck in the Truck Challenge? Thats fully legal aint it?

I've been wondering whether this sorta vehicle will be the best to use on our roads

Helrazor!

Just wanna add few thoughts. Guess your mission will fulfill your ultimate aspiration but I see some bad clouds behind.

Recently I recall a private security firm ran into a serious problem with there four SIII Ladys fitted with thick gauge steel plates. Few arrests were made before they got clear themselves before courts but not before months long legal battles. Insane!

Food for thought mate!

MINIACE

miniace...i highly appreciate the input you and the guys are making,and i take them very seriously...i will indeed give this a lot of thought :)

Machang dont think much about it.

Also if you want why not try to give it a mean look like what JC gave his truck in the Truck Challenge? Thats fully legal aint it?

I've been wondering whether this sorta vehicle will be the best to use on our roads

yeah machang..this has long been a dream of mine...even in my school days i've been designing weird cars on paper as a hobby.

LOL...i should think that JC stole my idea cos i painted a isuzu truck matte black when i was about 17...but unfortunatly it attracted unwanted attention from the cops(it was mainly carrying loads of sand ;) ).....so had to paint it back to white...but i will deffa consider black if i make one these trucks

Edited by HelRazor