• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Series Iii Landrover

tharindu6

guys one of my friends has a series III LR SWB version ( I Guess ) :unsure:

How much will it cost in the market rite now?? did it come in 28 Sri NUM plates?

is there a possibility to change the number ?? since its 28 you need a heavy vehicle licence to ride the baby.

guys one of my friends has a series III LR SWB version ( I Guess ) :unsure:

How much will it cost in the market rite now?? did it come in 28 Sri NUM plates?

is there a possibility to change the number ?? since its 28 you need a heavy vehicle licence to ride the baby.

any pics? wuts the yom?

i doubt u can change the vehicle classification and devinda can update u on the prices

yup 28 Sri is possible , but likely an early SIII , cuz i've seen more late SII's on those numbers

The heavy vehicle number ~ license is not an issue - its not really enforced (i speak from personal experience :) )

Price is dependant on the engine its running , trim (Hard Top / Soft Top) , YOM , acessories (original capstan winch etc?) & condition - but a ball park figure right now is somewhere from 450,000 - 800,000 - all depends though :mellow:

i'm hoping this ones not like the "depender" we saw a few weeks back :P

He he he he :D no..dont have pics now but I will try to uploda during this week. It looks kinda Old thats why I like it..Its has a front cabin for 2 and a rear bucket with a canvas hood.. my friend wants 5 laks for that is it too much...? :unsure:

Was thinking may be if I can buy and keep it for some time Might be able to put her on to the road with a whole new SWB body.... ;)

But I pefer to keep her as a original :rolleyes:

He he he he :D no..dont have pics now but I will try to uploda during this week. It looks kinda Old thats why I like it..Its has a front cabin for 2 and a rear bucket with a canvas hood.. my friend wants 5 laks for that is it too much...? :unsure:

Was thinking may be if I can buy and keep it for some time Might be able to put her on to the road with a whole new SWB body.... ;)

brilliant mate! keep it original. i'm a big series 3 fan myself. its nice to see one being saved from the jaws of "depender-ists". if you need to locate some parts from the uk let me know.

brilliant mate! keep it original. i'm a big series 3 fan myself. its nice to see one being saved from the jaws of "depender-ists". if you need to locate some parts from the uk let me know.

Bro Thanks alooot will definetly contact you if I need help :)

Decent price, especially if its in good running order - even better if it still retains the original 2.25 or 2.5L Diesel motor

ok im lost.. :blink:

have to take some pics..so whats ths 2nd one?? Series II or III :blink:

If its a seies 3, then the Headlights are on the Fenders and if its a series 2 , ( like mine) then the headlights are on the inner side above the grill. The blue one in the pic is a S II.

Price is basically up to you, as finding original "non dependerised " :angry2: ones are rare. If the interior is oriuginal that too adds value (IMHO).

Good luck, and Devinda my man, looks like we can have a Landy meet soon? ahh..... :rolleyes:

If its a seies 3, then the Headlights are on the Fenders and if its a series 2 , ( like mine) then the headlights are on the inner side above the grill. The blue one in the pic is a S II.

Price is basically up to you, as finding original "non dependerised " :angry2: ones are rare. If the interior is oriuginal that too adds value (IMHO).

Good luck, and Devinda my man, looks like we can have a Landy meet soon? ahh..... :rolleyes:

why not! :D

i'm liking the way things are going with Alfa owners & LR fans joining the AL ranks! :)

I spoke to my friend toady.but still couldnt get the pics. as per him its a series III LR SWB..Single cab type.28 sri.

but i was a bit dissapointed when he told me that the fornt sus had been changed to coil spring and has disk brakes in front and has power steering. :(

On the more positve side it has its LR motor under the hood :)

I spoke to my friend toady.but still couldnt get the pics. as per him its a series III LR SWB..Single cab type.28 sri.

but i was a bit dissapointed when he told me that the fornt sus had been changed to coil spring and has disk brakes in front and has power steering. :(

thats good to hear

the power steering conversion is no major concern

the changes made to the chassis to accomodate the coils is what i'd be a little concerned about..

are the disk brakes from a Land Rover or some other vehicle?? Does it say Lockheed on the calliper?

thats good to hear

the power steering conversion is no major concern

the changes made to the chassis to accomodate the coils is what i'd be a little concerned about..

are the disk brakes from a Land Rover or some other vehicle?? Does it say Lockheed on the calliper?

Devinda..still didnt chk the breaks..have to go an chk every thing by myself..for that I have to wait till the week end..du u think its worth buying this ride? :unsure:

that is a bit worrying. but then again i doubt we can find any completely original series land rovers in sl anymore. see if it drives normally. as long as it looks original from the outside i dont mind. as for power steering i think u are better off with it.

Devinda..still didnt chk the breaks..have to go an chk every thing by myself..for that I have to wait till the week end..du u think its worth buying this ride? :unsure:

not an easy call to make

if your going to use this as a second vehicle and intend to make LR's a hobby then i guess it woul fit the bill nicely

however if your planning on using it as a daily runner , then you might want to take stock of the fact that your going to be running a piece of British machinery thats well over 20 years old!

having power sterring makes it just that much more original , but do be warned , these things aren't the easiest to live with!

its an acquired taste - so if your willing to take the risk of going in for one , knowing the ownership experience is going to be bittersweet , then i recon its worth the gamble

which ever way , have a look at the vehicle - see how it runs

also something to keep in mind is the new emmissions test - i have no idea how an old LR diesel is going to fare.. :mellow:

not an easy call to make

if your going to use this as a second vehicle and intend to make LR's a hobby then i guess it woul fit the bill nicely

however if your planning on using it as a daily runner , then you might want to take stock of the fact that your going to be running a piece of British machinery thats well over 20 years old!

having power sterring makes it just that much more original , but do be warned , these things aren't the easiest to live with!

its an acquired taste - so if your willing to take the risk of going in for one , knowing the ownership experience is going to be bittersweet , then i recon its worth the gamble

which ever way , have a look at the vehicle - see how it runs

also something to keep in mind is the new emmissions test - i have no idea how an old LR diesel is going to fare.. :mellow:

Well at least one Land Rover owner in the forum gives you the real story warts and all.... :)

Just to Re-iterate what devinda mentioned, the key thing you need to ask yourself is "What am i going to use this vehicle for?" If as was mentioned, its as a hobby/fun vehicle then it will be great.

Even then, keep in mind that land rovers are NOT the most reliable vehicles on the face of the planet. Anyone who says otherwise is simply not telling the truth! Even the best sorted LRs (devinda's is a fine example) throw the occasional hiccup, usually when you least expect it. This is something that afflicts not only Land Rovers, but pretty much any vehicle made in england!

So do remember machan that what you're letting yourself in for could well be a heck of a lot of trouble, and ask yourself beforehand whether you can take it in the right spirit.

For example, are you capable of saying "It's british, that's how they are" when your clutch gives way in the middle of a sunday afternoon drive several miles from home?

If you answered "Yes" to that question, and are also prepared to spend some time running around hunting for parts (Or if they are unavailable, having them turned out), then Congratulations, you are ready to jump headalong into the experience that is British Vehicle ownership! :)

If your answer was anything other than a Resounding YES, then IMHO you would be better off not buying the vehicle.

For the record, the above post just expresses my honestly held views as a person who owns a vehicle that is both Old and Made in England.... Its certainly no cakewalk, but if you can deal with the "side effects" it certainly has ample rewards! :)

I believe its called "Character"! :lol:

Edited by Supra_Natural

For example, are you capable of saying "It's british, that's how they are" when your clutch gives way in the middle of a sunday afternoon drive several miles from home?

hmmm...speaking from personal experience i believe.... :lol: ...how's the clutch repair goin mate? :)

Well at least one Land Rover owner in the forum gives you the real story warts and all.... :)

as a person who owns a vehicle that is both Old and Made in England.... Its certainly no cakewalk, but if you can deal with the "side effects" it certainly has ample rewards! :)

I believe its called "Character"! :lol:

Well said Devina and Supra,

Also don't forget that if it aint made a pool of oil in your garage it ain' British.

My LR is also not running as I have to rewire the starter motor / replace brushes. :rolleyes:

But love her for all her foibles. I think she got upset as I was spending too much time with the Italian lady lol.