• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Prices Up From Tonight

needforspeed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever said and done better get your tanks up. Three unions are going to start work to rule from 11th according to SWARNAWAHINI news. C.E.B. S.L.P.A and PETROLIUM.

mala magulak :angry:

oh yeah... i too had a horrible time last time around hunting for petrol...

finally managed to pump after midnight at a shed closeby as a bowser was unloading stuff... was pretty drunk after oktoberfest but had no choice but to drive to the shed in boxer shorts and without even slippers.... :action-smiley-060:

don't ever wanna repeat that one :D:angry-smiley-048:

I topped up yesterday at the col 7 ioc shed...had to wait about 20-30 mins in the queue but i'm set for a week and a bit more :)

Heard on the radio "the CPC says there is no strike or shortage so there's no reason for people to start panic buying". While I'm inclined not to believe it, the last thing I want to do is add to the chaos and queue up for gas. The traffic that's resulting from these queues is ridiculous, to say nothing of the stress and frayed nerves it's causing which, if the above turns out to be true, is all for nothing :mellow:

i was afraid that I wudnt get any this morn.

Ebert Silva had nothing but luckily mount lavinia IOC had wid a 4 car queue, but I was lucky since no queue for 95 octane. filled up and to my horror the exit was blocked by a 3wheel queue. spent a while getting myself out.

mount IOC had petrol this evening too but ES did not

pumped full at horton place IOC at about 5 today, was a line but it moved soon, and got full tank 95, and those guys said strikes over. :blink: But we pumped anyway cause trusting that would be a very un-necessary risk! :D

pumped full at horton place IOC at about 5 today, was a line but it moved soon, and got full tank 95, and those guys said strikes over. :blink: But we pumped anyway cause trusting that would be a very un-necessary risk! :D

how can the strike be over when it has not even started yet...........

Heard on the radio "the CPC says there is no strike or shortage so there's no reason for people to start panic buying".

with the phrase CPC they are refereing to the CPC management aka the politically apointed henchman. their job is nothing but to 'go shopping for the governemnt'. strike is very much on i'm affraid.

Military ready to assist in operating essential services

The military says it is ready to assist in the operations of essential services if the need arises with trade unions attached to the petroleum, electricity and water board threatening to disrupt the services from today.

Speaking to Daily Mirror online this morning Military spokesman Brigadier Udaya Nanayakara said the army had on previous occasions as well assisted in operating essential services and is ready to do so even now if required. (ER)

courtesy daily mirror online

and once again...military to the rescue!!!!!!!!

teach these JVP, UNP and trade union buggers all a good lesson! :D

Edited by Ripper

TIME THIS TOPIC HEADING CHANGES NA? :action-smiley-060:

Get a shock everytime I see "petrol prices up from tonite" frantically scroll down to see............ :action-smiley-060:

lol surely after all this time you can tell it's not that mate. :lol: though I have to admit, it's quite OT.. :P