• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slardar Sigirya Rallycross 2009

Ripper

Thats pretty cool! Prasanna happens to be a friend of mine! He took part in Katu too, which was a return after like 3 years. Happy to see him doing well!

Wow Ripper 12gigs!!!!!!

Dilesh

heh heh...yeah mate...sorta machine gunned it :) and the races were quite fast paced and didn't have long enough breaks to preview and delete...

and track was large enough to walk/run a lot from spot to spot so that too ate up time..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U r welcome Madz..I met Grandcivic on the track...couldn't locate ripper though...nice track i must say..had loads of fun driving it..Ranga wanted to protest about my car and then later he decided not to...lol..had he put the protest paying 25k it wud have been embarassing for him cos my car meets exact requiremnts to sit in the SLA-upto 1400cc.. actually its 58cc short of it..my car is only 1342cc..lol

the SLAF folks were a lot stricter this time around cos the their commander was there at the track... I was near that area which made meeting racers before the the races began impossible...

couldn't even meet DD :( And didn't even get to have a single beer until the day ended...

might have some pics of your car with me...was it the white-green-red honda?

hey machan, nice to meet yo too. unfortunately couldnt see your race but heard you drove superbly. welldone !!!!

machan, you have a defenete driver's weight disadvantage. lol.... try and do some thing :D

btw..any idea what happened to DD at the races??? the car got a good start and then slowed down really really badly...

like it wasn't shifting or summin...

he did well to finish in the positions he finally did?

something wen wrong with aravinda's ride also and they had to take it off the track...

btw..any idea what happened to DD at the races??? the car got a good start and then slowed down really really badly...

like it wasn't shifting or summin...

he did well to finish in the positions he finally did?

something wen wrong with aravinda's ride also and they had to take it off the track...

At the launch DD got broke his accelarator pedal. he complete the race by pushing the remaining piece of peddle by hand. that makes him slow on the run and specially corners.

Aravinda's car gearbox broken similarly at the launch. as per him top shaft broken and couldnt enter to any gear. that makes him to pullout from race two. Bad luck for him.

As per the final revised resultd in race 2, DD won the title of SLARDAR Championship 2009 and National Championship 2009 in SLGT Cars.

Congratulations DD !!!!!

Edited by Grand Civic

At the launch DD got broke his accelarator pedal. he complete the race by pushing the remaining piece of peddle by hand. that makes him slow on the run and specially corners.

Aravinda's car gearbox broken similarly at the launch. as per him top shaft broken and couldnt enter to any gear. that makes him to pullout from race two. Bad luck for him.

As per the final revised resultd in race 2, DD won the title of SLARDAR Championship 2009 and National Championship 2009 in SLGT Cars.

Congratulations DD !!!!!

adey that's one awesome achievement to drive that track, be competitive with a broken gas pedal.....

congrats DD :)

Congratulations DD !!!!!

Congratz to DD !!, That must've been damn hard getting into that position with a hand-operated throttle :action-smiley-035:

Edited by Lasitha R

Congratulations DD !!!!!

Wow that really is a superb effort from DD!

Many Congratulations!!

Thanks Ripper for the results.

Thanks Grandcivic for the corrections and trackside live updates!

Congrats Mivec Turbo for the championship win and the superb run minus gas pedal in a sick looking Evo.

Congrats Damn_It for the great win.Heard you ran really well.Heard about the great cornering drifts.Ela machan!

MINIACE

Thanks Ripper for the results.

Thanks Grandcivic for the corrections and trackside live updates!

Congrats Mivec Turbo for the championship win and the superb run minus gas pedal in a sick looking Evo.

Congrats Damn_It for the great win.Heard you ran really well.Heard about the great cornering drifts.Ela machan!

MINIACE

is damn it by any potta chance "dr. damitha"???

Saw that fella winning the race with a good lead with a mini on his tail.... got some pics of him as well :)

Thank you for all the wishes :)

Although I won both Championships, I had many dramas with the EVO X thought the 2009 season where the list could be so many. A laymen looking at the EVO X expects the car to be faster than the earlier versions but in real life it is not the case and I write this with first hand experience.

It is sad but the real fact is that it just doesn’t go anything more than 185 kmph on the Katu straight :action-smiley-060: where as the EVO IX GT easily got 225 kmph :rolleyes: . A 40 kmph top speed difference is like day and night. You feel as you are in one place and the other car is moving. I hope with time to come the top speed issues could be sorted.

As of this moment of time among the EVO models, there is nothing to beat the EVO IX GT which is what I competed for 3 seasons and now Pasindu, Nishan, Mahinda and Missaka are using currently.

During SL-GT race 2 at Sigiriya Rally Cross, at the launch it was yet again another drama when the accelerator pedal broke from the most to end :angry-smiley-024: . Much to my surprise is was made out of plastic (as per pics below) opposed to EVO IX in metal and when UML took the matter with MMC they said it has to be made in plastic and not metal due to Electronic Throttle (Drive by Wire) system :unsure: . So for the future too this could happen but now I am aware of it.

p1050833i.jpg

p1050837n.jpg

There was only an inch of plastic that were remaining at the top lever where the unit broke from and I had no choice but to push is with the hand as reaching my right foot from the brakes up there was nearly impossible. So a hand operated throttle was the only option to move the car forward. I should say it was quite an experience which I don’t expect to do in the future <_< .

Thank you for all the wishes :)

Although I won both Championships, I had many dramas with the EVO X thought the 2009 season where the list could be so many. A laymen looking at the EVO X expects the car to be faster than the earlier versions but in real life it is not the case and I write this with first hand experience.

It is sad but the real fact is that it just doesn’t go anything more than 185 kmph on the Katu straight :action-smiley-060: where as the EVO IX GT easily got 225 kmph :rolleyes: . A 40 kmph top speed difference is like day and night. You feel as you are in one place and the other car is moving. I hope with time to come the top speed issues could be sorted.

As of this moment of time among the EVO models, there is nothing to beat the EVO IX GT which is what I competed for 3 seasons and now Pasindu, Nishan, Mahinda and Missaka are using currently.

During SL-GT race 2 at Sigiriya Rally Cross, at the launch it was yet again another drama when the accelerator pedal broke from the most to end :angry-smiley-024: . Much to my surprise is was made out of plastic (as per pics below) opposed to EVO IX in metal and when UML took the matter with MMC they said it has to be made in plastic and not metal due to Electronic Throttle (Drive by Wire) system :unsure: . So for the future too this could happen but now I am aware of it.

There was only an inch of plastic that were remaining at the top lever where the unit broke from and I had no choice but to push is with the hand as reaching my right foot from the brakes up there was nearly impossible. So a hand operated throttle was the only option to move the car forward. I should say it was quite an experience which I don’t expect to do in the future <_< .

thanks DD for that report...

I was near the start line when your car started to slow down pretty badly right after the flag off! was wondering what the hell happened until grandcivic spilled the beans...

Even in katu i think most of us noticed that the X was a lot slower in straights though you managed to get some advantage in corners...

anyways... Hope the top speed issue will be sorted out and also there will be someway to reinforce the throttle pedal... cant they like carbon fiber it or summin :unsure:

but hats off to you for finishing the race with such a huge handicap :)

Ripper, its the white, red and green honda...damn_it in track goes as Dr.Damith

@ Miniace - Thanks mchan.., had loads of fun driving it..u didnt come to watch the race did u?

@ Miniace - Thanks mchan.., had loads of fun driving it..u didnt come to watch the race did u?

Yeah machan..didnt get chance to come..but had a glance from few thousand feet up..heavy flying these days..I managed to take a few aerial shots of the track few days earlier..will mail you that.send me your emaill addy.Congrats again machan..saw few vids you playing cat n mouse with Mini ha ha.

MINIACE