• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Kelisa

ThilakR

Question

Hi friends,

I am looking for a small car and found couple of Perodua Kelisa which match with my budget. (Around 1m)

How is Perodua Kelisa car?

Please help experts. Is it a good car? How is the Spares and services in Sri Lanka?

What is the current market price for year 2000, 2002 makes?

Expecting your advices before proceed.

Many thanks

Thilak

• Like 1

Hi friends,

I am looking for a small car and found couple of Perodua Kelisa which match with my budget. (Around 1m)

How is Perodua Kelisa car?

Please help experts. Is it a good car? How is the Spares and services in Sri Lanka?

What is the current market price for year 2000, 2002 makes?

Expecting your advices before proceed.

Many thanks

Thilak

Ask Jeremy.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI2MpcIiO6A

• Like 1

:D Thanks VVTi. Drop the idea of looking at Kelisa. :angry-smiley-048:

What do you think I could buy around 1m. I am looking for a small car for my wife.

Better if it is an auto transmission. (This is for a lady you know :lol: )

Thank

Thilak

A K11 march. Tthe best option in small cars at that price point...

:D Thanks VVTi. Drop the idea of looking at Kelisa. :angry-smiley-048:

What do you think I could buy around 1m. I am looking for a small car for my wife.

Better if it is an auto transmission. (This is for a lady you know :lol: )

Thank

Thilak

LOL... hope you didn't drop the kelisa just because Jeremy Clarkson didn't like it :action-smiley-060:

Those guys almost always trash most things thing non british/german. They especiall hate anything Korean :action-smiley-060:

my cousin sis has a kelisa,she uses it as a second car to like drop her kid at school and shopping and stuff...i once drove it for a few miles,and apart from the wheezy engine and the leathery brakes it was ok i guess,given the cost ofcourse...you should look at the k11's and the starlet's then weigh in the pro's and cons then decide depending on your priorities mate.

and may i add that...in sl there is common notion that if you ar a woman looking for a car it has to be a small car by default...cos it's supposedly easier to drive for the delicate feminine hands...thats BS,my mom drove a nissan patrol for many a year and she's one of the most gentle souls there is...i can understand the need for auto transmission but the size factor is not that beneficial imo,instead if we can convince our spouses and lovers to be more open minded and atleast broaden their search to a three box sedan we can effectively double the candidates for possible purchase,thus better value for money and you get a more versatile vehicle

my cousin sis has a kelisa,she uses it as a second car to like drop her kid at school and shopping and stuff...i once drove it for a few miles,and apart from the wheezy engine and the leathery brakes it was ok i guess,given the cost ofcourse...you should look at the k11's and the starlet's then weigh in the pro's and cons then decide depending on your priorities mate.

and may i add that...in sl there is common notion that if you ar a woman looking for a car it has to be a small car by default...cos it's supposedly easier to drive for the delicate feminine hands...thats BS,my mom drove a nissan patrol for many a year and she's one of the most gentle souls there is...i can understand the need for auto transmission but the size factor is not that beneficial imo,instead if we can convince our spouses and lovers to be more open minded and atleast broaden their search to a three box sedan we can effectively double the candidates for possible purchase,thus better value for money and you get a more versatile vehicle

Hi all,

Many thanks for the responds. Me too looking for a car for my wife to drop my kid to the school and other small works. Considering the heavy traffic jam infront of the school, we both decided t go for a small car cos it is easy to park and etc. Specially for a lady. (You all know the war near the schools around 1.30 LoL). Also she goes woth my small kid 2yrs. Therefore an Auto will be the best since one hand has to to fully occupied with the kid LoL. :lol:

Some of my other friends too said March is not good in fuel. I saw a 2 door Alto japanese version KB plates @ 1.05m. Will it be a good buy? How will be the re-sale value since this is 2 door? :mellow:

Best

Thilak

March is very bad on fuel. In that respect Starlet is better. You can get a 02 door ep91 for your budget.

Actually that is a fairly common misconception in the sri lankan car market... Only the 1.0L automatic version is disappointing when it comes to fuel economy because of power to weight ratio issues with that motor (and also I suspect, unrealistically high economy expectations because of the belief that small engines automatically must provide great economy.) The 1.3L autos all appear to perform very well on all counts.

People really need to stop repeating these silly SL car market myths as if they were gospel....

Also, the starlet EP91s available will most likely be older models than the marchs available for the same price, since the starlet went out of production in 1999 and the march k11 was made until 2003.

Hell NO to K-11. Its drinking petrol like a monster car. My sis had one and did only 7-8 kmpl in normal traffic.

:violent-smiley-099:

Was it the 1.0L auto? if it was then for the reasons explained above, it isnt all that great. The 1.3 by all accounts is quite a bit better.

Hell NO to K-11. Its drinking petrol like a monster car. My sis had one and did only 7-8 kmpl in normal traffic.

:violent-smiley-099:

Was it the 1.0L auto? if it was then for the reasons explained above, it isnt all that great. The 1.3 by all accounts is quite a bit better.

More to the point, if your sister drives anything like my sister (also former K-11 owner) then thats all you can expect anyway.

Anyhoo, when the Kelissa can count Dinesh D as a owner, with no complaints on the car, personally, I think its ok. He even won the MRA Katu drags in that in the under 1000cc cat, in case no one remembers!

Sorry buys, didnt mean to diss the Kelisa... I had a near death experience in one (and a woman driver).... so I tend to agree with the big J.

For your budget, you might be aable to source a good Starlet, or even a Auto Civic.. not an EK3 tho.... I agree with MasterDon about the Size factor and women.... for some strange reason many women covet smaller cars... :) Again a very Sri Lankan trait....

However I would like to point you in teh direction of a good Dr. Sunny if you can find one, as it will be great on gas and parts would be ample....

Sorry buys, didnt mean to diss the Kelisa... I had a near death experience in one (and a woman driver).... so I tend to agree with the big J.

For your budget, you might be aable to source a good Starlet, or even a Auto Civic.. not an EK3 tho.... I agree with MasterDon about the Size factor and women.... for some strange reason many women covet smaller cars... :) Again a very Sri Lankan trait....

its got something to do with being able to maneuver smaller cars with greater ease in city traffic etc i've heard

More to the point, if your sister drives anything like my sister (also former K-11 owner) then thats all you can expect anyway.

Anyhoo, when the Kelissa can count Dinesh D as a owner, with no complaints on the car, personally, I think its ok. He even won the MRA Katu drags in that in the under 1000cc cat, in case no one remembers!

& lets not forget the win at the Colombo Motorcross at Waters Edge as well ! :)

that must be one smoooooth drive! :)

& at that kinda economy i reckon you got yourself a gem

Yeah she is rather smooth, and to be honest, I have no complaints about the gas consumption. But strange as it may sound, for me, the P11 is still the better drive.. ;)

Yeah ran the stock car in Modified cars upto 1000cc class and beat many big names!

MINIACE

Mini, what is the Kelisa Engine based on? Not going by what JC says, it is just a basic people mover and cannot be compared the way he compares vehicles and their pedigrees.

Yeah she is rather smooth, and to be honest, I have no complaints about the gas consumption. But strange as it may sound, for me, the P11 is still the better drive.. ;)

that straight 6 is is such a nice engine in that the power delivery is just "creamy" for a lack of a better word! :lol:

Brave statement, but having both around you'd be a good judge of the fact i reckon - but i will definitely agree that the P11 Camino's handle absurdly well for compared to just about any 4 door sedan around