• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spotted....

ash

dude thats a Dodge Stealth.. Mitsubishi and Dodge pretty much made the same car. Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth. Didnt know one existed in SL.

i think dodge re badged it and marketed the GTO as the dodge stealth...obviously there are differences in the body trim etc but i believe everything else is the same ol mitsu GTO

i think dodge re badged it and marketed the GTO as the dodge stealth...obviously there are differences in the body trim etc but i believe everything else is the same ol mitsu GTO

10 points to both of you and collect $100 as you pass GO... lol!! The wiki says you guys are both right. The GTO, The Stealth and the 3000GT are pretty much the same car, just rebadged (much like how the current Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Vibe are I suppose...)

I wonder how they wrangled a permit to import it though 'cos the Stealth is really old... <_<

Edited by Kavvz

Mistsubishi stopped production of the GTO in 2001. Did dodge continue to produce the stealth even after that? given this car is unregistered (unless it has been running around like this for awhile)

No. The Wiki says: ...the ECS disappeared after the 1995 model year, and the active aerodynamics in 1996. Finally, Chrysler ceased sales of the Dodge Stealth captive import, and for the remainder of its life only Mitsubishi-badged versions were available.

This car has been bounced around quite a bit, came across it over a year ago at a sale near attidiya, in pretty poor nick, and LHD as well. Its not the interesting version of the stealth with the AWD and twin turbos sadly, just a plain jane NA Front wheel driver. Still from ten feet away it looked AWESOME!

This car has been bounced around quite a bit, came across it over a year ago at a sale near attidiya, in pretty poor nick, and LHD as well. Its not the interesting version of the stealth with the AWD and twin turbos sadly, just a plain jane NA Front wheel driver. Still from ten feet away it looked AWESOME!

yeah it was on a car sale at bellanthota junction too

wow, apparentely the dodge stealth stopped production in 1996. I wonder how the owner,

a. Manager to import such an old car

or

b. Run for so long without registering the car :rolleyes:

You are correct sir, the dodge stealth stopped production somewhere around there and this could well be a 1994.

And for this being unregistered, I could think of many different reasons

1.) Bought from a Customs auction.

2.) As mentioned above car here for convertion LHD to RHD - but I highly doubt it - The costs involved surpasses the Fair market value of the car

3.) Could be a Kurunegala car, without a book running on a random red number plate claiming knowing a minister or vice versa.

This car is going to be one of those cars hard to be sold. Therefore its highly likely to be seen on different car sales on different weekends. :blink:

Yeh the more interesting cars to be driven of this model are the MItsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and the Dodge Stealth R/T which both come twin turbo which are not for the faint hearted I guess. LOL. But yes this car is going to be rolling around them car sales for a while.. :lol:

Yeh the more interesting cars to be driven of this model are the MItsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and the Dodge Stealth R/T which both come twin turbo which are not for the faint hearted I guess. LOL. But yes this car is going to be rolling around them car sales for a while.. :lol:

Saw a red one today in the morning going on Galle road towards fort, had been recently registered with KF plates.

IMO that boomerang style wing on the Stealth leaves a lot to be desired, but it's certainly interesting to see one on our fair roads. The RHD conversion should be interesting too. Any idea if the company is up to converting the FJ Cruiser to RHD as well? I would sell my soul to own one here in SL, preferably fitted with the new TT Diesel V8 what comes in the 200 and 70 series.

This is just totally random and I remembered I spotted a Jaguar XFR back in Sri-Lanka two years ago and thought of sharing. I just watched the Top-Gear episode that tests the XFR and it reminded me of it. Im quite impressed with its performance.

ipics109.jpg w1200.png

This is just totally random and I remembered I spotted a Jaguar XFR back in Sri-Lanka two years ago and thought of sharing. I just watched the Top-Gear episode that tests the XFR and it reminded me of it. Im quite impressed with its performance.

ipics109.jpg w1200.png

this is just a normal xf ne?...the xfr is the boosted up "hot" version of the xf which is not here yet AFAIK.

Edited by MasterDon