• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru Legacy B4 (1999-2001)

RLan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nissmoz, they say if the CVT gear box fails it's gonna cost a fortune to get it back in shape. And suspension and stuff wears off faster than other cars. :blink: Those stuff are what I've heard, not my personal experiences. May be I better look at few examples when I'm going to look for B4s.

As far as I know HP12 is allround better car than TP12. May be someone more knowledgable could enlighten us.

theres a car i know that had a problem with CVT gearbox and airflow sensor, the owner got down the engine + gearbox for around 150K.

They come only in manual 6fwd- I can remember only about a dozen or so that are available, There is thread where I've listed the known ones- good condition cars would be arond the 25 mark as the Owners tend to be fussy in making sure every detail is looked into when maitaining them. ;):)

Elvis_Pil, do you know much an HP12 would be? And do they come with manual gearboxes? Cheers.

RLan,

what is the main difference between HP-12 and TP-12. ?

main differences

HP12-20V is 6-Speed M/T and the TP 12 is CVT

HP12 - SR20VE (215hp) / TP12 - QR20DE (150hp)

7-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels (215/50R17) / TP12 standard wheel caps (195/65R15) (in some you might find 15”Alloys)

HP12 - Smoked Headlamps / TP12 - Clear headlamps

Crosswork grill vs. Standard straight grill

There was a P12 7-speed M/T Diesel with intercooler Turbo advertised claiming to do 16kmpL. and got 6 Airbags. Price tag was 4.5M. :blink: (on HitA* just below a lovely 300ZX) :rolleyes: Dev...I need a commission.

main differences

HP12-20V is 6-Speed M/T and the TP 12 is CVT

HP12 - SR20VE (215hp) / TP12 - QR20DE (150hp)

7-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels (215/50R17) / TP12 standard wheel caps (195/65R15) (in some you might find 15”Alloys)

HP12 - Smoked Headlamps / TP12 - Clear headlamps

Crosswork grill vs. Standard straight grill

There was a P12 7-speed M/T Diesel with intercooler Turbo advertised claiming to do 16kmpL. and got 6 Airbags. Price tag was 4.5M. :blink: (on HitA* just below a lovely 300ZX) :rolleyes: Dev...I need a commission.

Cheers for the info ash. HP12 sounds good. 4.5m is too much though. Any idea where I can get a petrol HP12?

Yeah... Tks for the info of HP-12. That explains why TP-12 price tag is around 2 Mil. I will do my search for HP-12 and B4. I havent seen HP-12 advertised anywhere yet. But I have seen TP-12's alot being advertised lately.

Only thing worries about B4 is the Fuel. other than that B4 is the ONE !!!!!!.

vrrooomm! *B4 Flies by* *girls skirts are thrown up by the slip stream* :rolleyes::D

hehe! With the present turbo maybe 400+ at the fly but later on with a bigger turbo, harder tranny, diff, better suspension and FMIC, 800+

fingers crossed ofcourse.

Yeah... Tks for the info of HP-12. That explains why TP-12 price tag is around 2 Mil. I will do my search for HP-12 and B4. I havent seen HP-12 advertised anywhere yet. But I have seen TP-12's alot being advertised lately.

Only thing worries about B4 is the Fuel. other than that B4 is the ONE !!!!!!.

Yeah nissmoz, B4 is the one. I'm gonna keep an eye on HP12 as well. If both of them fails, ES8 is the last option.

I did say my fuel consumption was going to go down :unsure:

Man..... how frekin fast do you want her to go !!

I am shocked that you can get 10 Km on outstation on that car, are you positive ? Mine does 6.5 Colombo and only 7.5 outstation. But the best part is my wife drives a 1.3 Lts Suzuki Jimny and that does less than 7 ! which I just cant understand.

Man..... how frekin fast do you want her to go !!

I am shocked that you can get 10 Km on outstation on that car, are you positive ? Mine does 6.5 Colombo and only 7.5 outstation. But the best part is my wife drives a 1.3 Lts Suzuki Jimny and that does less than 7 ! which I just cant understand.

Yeah I get 10 easy outstation. Veeeeeeeery light footed diving that is. Probably with the TT setup and the huge lag in the mid rpm range you burn a bit of fuel.

I'll go as fast as the brakes will allow me to stop. Then, maybe after a few months I'll go for a set of Brems.

hehe! With the present turbo maybe 400+ at the fly but later on with a bigger turbo, harder tranny, diff, better suspension and FMIC, 800+

you expect a additional 400bhp hike from a 2litre engine which is already pumping out 400bhp with only a turbo + intercooler and transmission upgrade ???....care to elaborate how you are going to do this bro :)

Edited by MasterDon

yeah with the IHI u have im sure u cant exceed more than 400 even with the build Internals & Gear box mods, anyway after u getting the precision dual ball bearing, TIAL wastegate 6 speed box, Diff, Injectors etc u can pump more Horses

you expect a additional 400bhp hike from a 2litre engine which is already pumping out 400bhp with only a turbo + intercooler and transmission upgrade ???....care to elaborate how you are going to do this bro :)

First of all mate, those pics Gfx uploaded were parts for my engine that are sitting in my room, waiting to be installed in my car. Second, it's quite funny that you are unaware of the fact that there are plenty of 2lts pumping over 900bHp with big turbos.

I never said it's ALREADY pumping 400 bHp. I said, ONCE I build my engine AND crank the boost up of the present turbo I can probably pump around that range. Also you never know I may pump more or I may pump less as we don't have an AWD dyno here.

Little more complicated and harder to digest than modding a bike eh?! :D

Gihan, I checked up on that Precision turbo. Got a GOOD deal on it man!

First of all mate, those pics Gfx uploaded were parts for my engine that are sitting in my room, waiting to be installed in my car. Second, it's quite funny that you are unaware of the fact that there are plenty of 2lts pumping over 900bHp with big turbos.

I never said it's ALREADY pumping 400 bHp. I said, ONCE I build my engine AND crank the boost up of the present turbo I can probably pump around that range. Also you never know I may pump more or I may pump less as we don't have an AWD dyno here.

Gihan, I checked up on that Precision turbo. Got a GOOD deal on it man!

#####################

yeah man that package is a gud deal u get the duel ball bearing turbo, TIAL wastegate and BOV

Edited by Pericles
Gihan, the man asked a technical question. If you can reply technically without PERSONAL bashing, do so, else avoid responding.

oh yes bro...i'm just a ricer,what do i know...you guys are the real masterminds of AL...anyways i certainly can't afford a supercar like a B4 like you :):)

i just wanted to know the exact procedure of how you were gonna go about achieving 800bhp...purely for academic reasons...oh well...but the parts that are pictured will get you pretty close né...wow! :) :) :)

oh yes bro...i'm just a ricer,what do i know...you guys are the real masterminds of AL...anyways i certainly can't afford a supercar like a B4 like you :):)

i just wanted to know the exact procedure of how you were gonna go about achieving 800bhp...purely for academic reasons...oh well...but the parts that are pictured will get you pretty close né...wow! :) :) :)

ha ha ha...... ROTFLMAO

But the best part is my wife drives a 1.3 Lts Suzuki Jimny and that does less than 7 ! which I just cant understand.

oddly enough your not the first person to have said this about the Jimny :mellow:

its a bit of a head scratcher - is it full time 4WD ? if it is , the weight & that combined may have something to do with it i guess... :unsure:

Never said or intended that you were a ricer. For me to come to such a conclusion I should know you which I don't.

I'm no mastermind of AL. Judging by your previous posts mate you are no fool either. You seem to know your stuff well enough to not ask me a question in the form of a jibe.

Last I checked, a B4 was faaaaaaaar from a supercar.

Once I get close to that output I will let you know how exactly I did it. I prefer to share my knowledge no matter how small it may be. I do WALK the TALK.

This thread has gone way too OT. My apologies to RLan. Hope the little bit of info I could give you as a B4 owner was useful and hope to see you around in one.

Cheers.

Very good question Dude.. was wondering why no one asked it before.... I guess we are silly not to know about these things and the examples of 800hp cars that are around ;) :)anyway if 800hp does not qualify for a 'super car' I dont know what does :P

i just wanted to know the exact procedure of how you were gonna go about achieving 800bhp...purely for academic reasons...oh well...but the parts that are pictured will get you pretty close né...wow! :):):)

Never said or intended that you were a ricer. For me to come to such a conclusion I should know you which I don't.

I'm no mastermind of AL. Judging by your previous posts mate you are no fool either. You seem to know your stuff well enough to not ask me a question in the form of a jibe.

Last I checked, a B4 was faaaaaaaar from a supercar.

Once I get close to that output I will let you know how exactly I did it. I prefer to share my knowledge no matter how small it may be. I do WALK the TALK.

This thread has gone way too OT. My apologies to RLan. Hope the little bit of info I could give you as a B4 owner was useful and hope to see you around in one.

Cheers.

My respects, Sti4. go follow your dream.