• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 To Sir

RLan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh heh that's what I was also wondering, how could the transmission matter, as he is gonna do a full conversion :unsure:

yeah keep researching :angry-smiley-048: lol

hmm, well, maybe you should get in contact with some local honda people, lyk zakie ...etc, as others suggested. 400k, mayb for the B18? No idea though.

Hmmm appearntly it's gonna be a B16. Not sure though. I'm already getting discouraged. :unsure:

the SiR is a 1.6

(1.) The SiR engine is reliable

(2.) 350K for the conversion kit. labour charges im not sure about

(3.) it gives out 170BHP

(4.)

(5.) The SiR engine in the Ek sedan would not be fast as doing it to a hatch. because of the power to weight factor

Thanks for the info. I have to think about your 5th point.

Anyways, this 'kit' might include, ECU, harness, engine, gearbox, right? So what would be the it cost if we just get the engine+gearbox?

According to my brother-in-law it's about 400k including the engine and gearbox etc.

The conversion is pretty straight forward if u have the correct parts... Zakie has already done plenty of EK3 conversions with the B series engines. U will need the following. And make sure u have all the stuff before starting a project. The b series conversions are getting rarer so don't expect to find stuff easily...

1. Engine

2. Gear Box

3. ECU

4. Wire harness Or Zakie will be able to modify the current EK3 harness.

5. Shift linkage.

6. Axels Hubs and brake disks

7. Subframe.

8. Engine Mounts.

The conversion is quit simple if u can get all the stuff from a EK9... A EG6 conversion won't fit directly to a EK3 and you will need the correct parts mentioned above. The conversion is pretty expensive and will cost you around 500K. Just make sure u get a good engine and GB as these are almost 8-14 years old :)..

I thought person who is doing the modification will provide the parts. May be it's not a good idea afterall.

So you guys really think he should spend Rs 400,000 + for a 50hp gain? You can't be serious!??!

Good point mate. Thanks. Didn't realize this earlier.

Never driven an Integra, isn't Integra comes with 1.8L engine, what about the performance of Integra? Isn't it worthy for go for an Integra instead of the conversion.

And well I feel it's unfair to put down the question of performance Vs fuel consumption of 1.8 - 2.0 liters engines.

Neither we are not talking about V8 engines here nor Ferrari/Lamborghini, etc . So an average guy who can't offered to pay all his money for highly over priced fuel in Sri Lanka and wants a above average performance, wanna know about fuel consumption is well justifiable.

Also is there any 2nd hand market for used engine, gear box and other parts after the conversion?

Hmmm there is an Integra. Don't know the specs though. I better check it out. Good point actually. Thanks for the tip.

Your comment about the fuel consumption is spot on.

Not really sure about the 2nd hand market for the used parts. But if I could get some money for that it'd be nice. Isn't it? :rolleyes:

The conversion is pretty straight forward if u have the correct parts... Zakie has already done plenty of EK3 conversions with the B series engines. U will need the following. And make sure u have all the stuff before starting a project. The b series conversions are getting rarer so don't expect to find stuff easily...

1. Engine

2. Gear Box

3. ECU

4. Wire harness Or Zakie will be able to modify the current EK3 harness.

5. Shift linkage.

6. Axels Hubs and brake disks

7. Subframe.

8. Engine Mounts.

The conversion is quit simple if u can get all the stuff from a EK9... A EG6 conversion won't fit directly to a EK3 and you will need the correct parts mentioned above. The conversion is pretty expensive and will cost you around 500K. Just make sure u get a good engine and GB as these are almost 8-14 years old :)..

i agree best thing is to find a EK4 SiR conversion as most of the parts would be straight fit. The EK9 Conversion is still way expensive in SL. the EK9 engine alone costs around 350K

gearbox doesnt matter as long as he is getting a full conversion kit <_<

If he were to convert a manual, he could save the cost for the tranny isn't it?? unless there's a mismatch... also 400k is not a small price to pay. Can he not sell the EK3 add 400k and get an 'Sir'..?

its all upto the owner. remember performance comes at a price

Performance? Please. Its a front wheel drive family sedan. And since when was increasing a car's horse power at the crank by 50hp considered performance?

Lets be realistic for a bit shall we? That kind of performance gain can achieved though an ECU upgrade and switching to a better air filter. I certainly wouldn't recommend switching out a perfectly good engine, gearbox and fiddling with a car's original suspension settings for a mere 50hp gain.

Edited by Kavvz

Performance? Please. Its a front wheel drive family sedan. And since when was increasing a car's horse power at the crank by 50hp considered performance?

Lets be realistic for a bit shall we? That kind of performance gain can achieved though an ECU upgrade and switching to a better air filter. I certainly wouldn't recommend switching out a perfectly good engine, gearbox and fiddling with a car's original suspension settings for a mere 50hp gain.

doesnt most of the people in this forum drive front wheel drive family sedan cars?????????

also keep in mind even thought u think this conversion is a waste of money..... its a popular conversion in SL & in other countries such as malaysia.....so im guessing those people r stupid & they should take u r advice & just do an ECU & change the air filter

also u r talking about a ECU change & an air filter....do u know of any soch honda's with ecu modifications & air filters that have taken down a SiR??????

Edited by Chooti Putha

If he were to convert a manual, he could save the cost for the tranny isn't it?? unless there's a mismatch... also 400k is not a small price to pay. Can he not sell the EK3 add 400k and get an 'Sir'..?

the B16 engine & the D series gearbox could be a bit different

he would be able to buy an EG6 SiR with the money its a great car to drive too. he should be able to get one for about 1.4mil

Edited by Chooti Putha

I would like to see u do this :rolleyes: ECU and Air filter 50HP damn....

its all upto the owner. remember performance comes at a price

:unsure: Hmmm indeed. I am responsible for my actions.

i agree best thing is to find a EK4 SiR conversion as most of the parts would be straight fit. The EK9 Conversion is still way expensive in SL. the EK9 engine alone costs around 350K

By the way, what's the engine in EK9. Are there any EK9s for sale at all. (Just curious.)

Bugatti, any idea about the prices for an SiR? I'm going to look at an Integra tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

I think I get what you mean when you say "Performance". You're talking about hardcore stuff, aren't you? In that respect I think your reasoning is quite accurate. I'm not actually looking for hardcore performance. All I need is a little bit of extra power that I can use when I'm in the mood. :rolleyes: So I'm actually thinking myself, should I go ahead with the conversion? Or should I look for a powerful stock car?

doesnt most of the people in this forum drive front wheel drive family sedan cars?????????

also keep in mind even thought u think this conversion is a waste of money..... its a popular conversion in SL & in other countries such as malaysia.....so im guessing those people r stupid & they should take u r advice & just do an ECU & change the air filter

also u r talking about a ECU change & an air filter....do u know of any soch honda's with ecu modifications & air filters that have taken down a SiR??????

Hey bro, don't get offended. It's just a matter of different opinions. Different people have different definitions of "Performance". If we have the money we can do whatever we want as long as it doesn't harm anybody. And I don't think those people are stupid, I think they are just doing what they love to do. I think Kavvz was just pointing out the "Risk:Reward" ratio.

And if I was ever serious about drag races and stuff, first thing I'm gonna do before anything else would be to reduce the weight of the car by removing all the unwanted bullshit. But I don't wanna go that far. :jumping-smiley-013:

the B16 engine & the D series gearbox could be a bit different

he would be able to buy an EG6 SiR with the money its a great car to drive too. he should be able to get one for about 1.4mil

EG6 would be bit too old for my liking. And I'm actually not looking for a car to race.

I really appreciate all of you guys' comments, whether it'd be helpful tips, information, opinions, criticism, sarcasm etc. Because it gives me a chance to look at things in a different perpective. Cheers.

I would like to see u do this :rolleyes: ECU and Air filter 50HP damn....

Well I'm just going by manufacturer's claims here so I can't personally vouch for accuracy or practicality, but most after market chips boast of up to 50hp gains and K&N claim their filters help your engine gain 5-10hp (in this case for the year and the make specified; the gain listed is about 6hp).

So wouldn't that be a first step at freeing up some horsepower for this individual instead of ripping out a perfectly good engine and drive train? I mean surely you see my point here?

Edited by Kavvz

Nopes, and my recommendation was not about 'taking down a SiR'. I just think that ripping out an engine and drive train for a mere 50hp increase at the crank is silly. My point is that there might be other ways to get the same power increase without having to be so drastic.

And yes, most in this forum DO drive FF family cars; so what's your point? Are you implying its wrong to point out the fact that the Civic is a front wheel drive family car because most members on the forum drive FF family cars?

Edited by Kavvz

Hey bro, don't get offended. It's just a matter of different opinions. Different people have different definitions of "Performance". If we have the money we can do whatever we want as long as it doesn't harm anybody. And I don't think those people are stupid, I think they are just doing what they love to do. I think Kavvz was just pointing out the "Risk:Reward" ratio.

Exactly. People have the right to do whatever they want to their cars; but if you're looking to free up 50hp or less there might be less drastic (and cheaper) ways to do it.

Edited by Kavvz

I think I get what you mean when you say "Performance". You're talking about hardcore stuff, aren't you? In that respect I think your reasoning is quite accurate. I'm not actually looking for hardcore performance. All I need is a little bit of extra power that I can use when I'm in the mood. :rolleyes: So I'm actually thinking myself, should I go ahead with the conversion? Or should I look for a powerful stock car?

If your willing to sell and buy a new one, you might want to consider a Carina GT too. And VZRs. Normal running, extra oomph on demand, and will be cheaper than parallel Honda's as they are less well known and demand is less.

Nopes, and my recommendation was not about 'taking down a SiR'. I just think that ripping out an engine and drive train for a mere 50hp increase at the crank is silly. My point is that there might be other ways to get the same power increase without having to be so drastic.

And yes, most in this forum DO drive FF family cars; so what's your point? Are you implying its wrong to point out the fact that the Civic is a front wheel drive family car because most members on the forum drive FF family cars?

its not wrong to point out that its a FF car. im sure most of us know that. my point is u were being a sarcastic about FF cars when the majority of the people in this forum r using them. never rule out a FF car & what it can do. they have proven them self against AWD cars in SL & around the world too.

Well I'm just going by manufacturer's claims here so I can't personally vouch for accuracy or practicality, but most after market chips boast of up to 50hp gains and K&N claim their filters help your engine gain 5-10hp (in this case for the year and the make specified; the gain listed is about 6hp).

So wouldn't that be a first step at freeing up some horsepower for this individual instead of ripping out a perfectly good engine and drive train? I mean surely you see my point here?

so if u think doing an engine conversion is a waste of a perfectly good engine & gearbox.

what is your recommendation to someone who wants to do a STI conversion or an EVO??????????

its not wrong to point out that its a FF car. im sure most of us know that. my point is u were being a sarcastic about FF cars when the majority of the people in this forum r using them. never rule out a FF car & what it can do. they have proven them self against AWD cars in SL & around the world too.

Yes, but the majority of the people in the forum don't take their front wheel drive family sedans and harp on about the 'performance' they get out of it. Now do they?

As for a front wheel drive car holding its own against an AWD car or a rear wheel drive car well: Please do tell? I'm all ears. Why don't you share an instance of a front wheel drive car 'proving' itself against a similarly equipped AWD car. And please feel free to dig through your examples of front wheel drive 'performance' family sedans when you do....

Edited by Kavvz

so if u think doing an engine conversion is a waste of a perfectly good engine & gearbox.

what is your recommendation to someone who wants to do a STI conversion or an EVO??????????

Ah, but when you convert a WRX over to an STI or a Lancer over to an EVO the hp gain isn't a mere 50 hp at the crank now is it? My point is again: To gain 50hp you don't have to rip out a perfectly good engine and gearbox. You could achieve the same through less drastic means. Do understand things better this time around? Or shall I run that by you again real slow?

Edited by Kavvz

Yes, but the majority of the people in the forum don't take their front wheel drive family sedans and harp on about the 'performance' they get out of it. Now do they?

As for a front wheel drive car holding its own against an AWD car or a rear wheel drive car well: Please do tell? I'm all ears. Why don't you share an instance of a front wheel drive car 'proving' itself against a similarly equipped AWD car. And please feel free to dig through your examples of front wheel drive 'performance' family sedans when you do....

have u been to the drags?????

if so have u seen a certain Honda DC5.....proving it self time after time against AWD cars....i think i made my point there

Ah, but when you convert a WRX over to an STI or a Lancer over to an EVO the hp gain isn't a mere 50 hp at the crank now is it? My point is again: To gain 50hp you don't have to rip out a perfectly good engine and gearbox. You could achieve the same through less drastic means. Do understand things better this time around? Or shall I run that by you again real slow?

so u say that u can acheive 50hp more by doing a few mods to the existing engine?????? y dont u list out the mods to be done???? so that some of us can try it out in r cars....im sure that would be great.... have u done these mods?????????

well mate as i said the world of conversions is a big place people do all sorts of conversions. people put in carina GT engines into marino's....starlet GT engines into Mini's.....starlet GT engines into CRX.....DC2 enignes into EG8.....DC2 engines into EK4.....D15V tec engines into non v tec EK3..... u r the person who needs to get around out of u r house without sitting infront of u r pc & googling everything....there's a whole new world out there....

if u need more info on conversions with Honda's im sure vshiznet will love to help u....as he has alot more knowledge on this subject.....

Edited by Chooti Putha

have u been to the drags?????

if so have u seen a certain Honda DC5.....proving it self time after time against AWD cars....i think i made my point there

That doesn't prove anything. A Honda DC5 against what AWD car are we talking about?

(Also last time I checked the Honda DC5 wasn't a front wheel drive family sedan with 'performance')

Edited by Kavvz

That doesn't prove anything. A Honda DC5 against what AWD car are we talking about?

(Also last time I checked the Honda DC5 wasn't a front wheel drive family sedan with 'performance')

u obviously havent been out of the house lately. i dont blame u. y dont u ask some of u r friends about who the DC5 beat. im sure they will help u out

the answer to which AWD car....well a few of them

WRX7

WRX8

STI8

STI5

WRX4

WRX3

EVO6

Forester

marino with celicaGT engine AWD

u want family sedan with performance ask someone about Zakie's B20 integra. if u dint know what it is....its a four door sedan with a B20 conversion????

also ask anyone about vshiznets EG with the B18 conversion..... those were FF family sedan's that made history

Edited by Chooti Putha