• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 To Sir

RLan

have u been to the drags?????

if so have u seen a certain Honda DC5.....proving it self time after time against AWD cars....i think i made my point there

In all fairness, an ITR isn't a family sedan to start with. And the tag juiced up family sedan can be applied to the AWDs too.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u obviously havent been out of the house lately. i dont blame u. y dont u ask some of u r friends about who the DC5 beat. im sure they will help u out

But my friends aren't walking around claiming that a Front wheel drive family sedan with 'performance' will be able to hold its own against a similarly equipped AWD car are they? So please do help me out since you know so much about Colombo's drag scene (for the record I don't).

Edited by Kavvz

But my friends aren't walking around claiming that a Front wheel drive family sedan with 'performance' will be able to hold its own against a similarly equipped AWD car are they? So please do help me out since you know so much about Colombo's drag scene (for the record I don't).

u obviously havent been out of the house lately. i dont blame u. y dont u ask some of u r friends about who the DC5 beat. im sure they will help u out

the answer to which AWD car....well a few of them

WRX7

WRX8

STI8

STI5

WRX4

WRX3

EVO6

Forester

marino with celicaGT engine AWD

u want family sedan with performance ask someone about Zakie's B20 integra. if u dint know what it is....its a four door sedan with a B20 conversion????

also ask anyone about vshiznets EG with the B18 conversion..... those were FF family sedan's that made history

WRX7

WRX8

STI8

STI5

WRX4

WRX3

EVO6

Forester

u want family sedan with performance ask someone about Zakie's B20 integra. if u dint know what it is....its a four door sedan with a B20 conversion????

also ask anyone about vshiznets EG with the B18 conversion..... those were FF family sedan's that made history

So you know Zakie? Of tuned-i-chip fame? Cool. Well I'm sure he wouldn't be recommending an engine and gearbox swap for a mere gain in 50hp now would he?

oh y did u go & edit u r post.....

Well let me put it back u asked which equally powered AWD the DC5 beat...well let me explain...NONE

the reason is all of the other cars were more powerfull than the DC5

So you know Zakie? Of tuned-i-chip fame? Cool. Well I'm sure he wouldn't be recommending an engine and gearbox swap for a mere gain in 50hp now would he?

y dont u give zakie a call ask for his comments & post them 0777508864

If your willing to sell and buy a new one, you might want to consider a Carina GT too. And VZRs. Normal running, extra oomph on demand, and will be cheaper than parallel Honda's as they are less well known and demand is less.

I didn't want to be the first to recommend a VZR... :D But it's damn fast for a stock. I've been in MRM's

oh y did u go & edit u r post.....

Well let me put it back u asked which equally powered AWD the DC5 beat...well let me explain...NONE

the reason is all of the other cars were more powerfull than the DC5

Well if the Honda DC5 you speak of did indeed beat the impressive list of cars as stated; including an STi8 and then you've certainly made your point. Thanks for the info.

Kawz what u have to realize is that there is a market for conversions even though a SiR conversion is more expensive that a WRX conversion...people do buy them....different people have different taste & different needs....

so remember the argument about FF vs AWD can go all day long but its pointless.... just remember that all types of cars have there strength's & weaknesses..... thats the point i wanted to prove.....

v can also argue NA vs Turbo too but thats gonna be da same....remember the AWD cars that u talked about r turbo & da FF car i spoke about is NA

Well I'm just going by manufacturer's claims here so I can't personally vouch for accuracy or practicality, but most after market chips boast of up to 50hp gains and K&N claim their filters help your engine gain 5-10hp (in this case for the year and the make specified; the gain listed is about 6hp).

So wouldn't that be a first step at freeing up some horsepower for this individual instead of ripping out a perfectly good engine and drive train? I mean surely you see my point here?

I've seen them chips too. Wondering if they work for real. (Not that I'm all interested in them anyway.)

If your willing to sell and buy a new one, you might want to consider a Carina GT too. And VZRs. Normal running, extra oomph on demand, and will be cheaper than parallel Honda's as they are less well known and demand is less.

Hi thanks. I don't really like the look of Carina GT and as for the VZR I haven't seen many. Not sure if it's the case, but I feel it's gonna be tough to look for a decent example.

WRX7

WRX8

STI8

STI5

WRX4

WRX3

EVO6

Forester

Don't know much about them races. But I don't think STis, EVOs are made for drag racing in the first place. (Unless ofcourse you tune them to be.) So I think it's unfair to comapre a car "modified for drag races" with a "tuned for rally" cars. As far as my limited knowledge stretches, I don't think you can have both of the worlds 100%. Just my opinion anyway.

Wow, that's some nice candy. I wish I learned "Automobile engineering". (Just for the fun part)

I didn't want to be the first to recommend a VZR... :D But it's damn fast for a stock. I've been in MRM's

But it's difficult to find. Isn't it?

Just an ECU, slight head work and I/E... Max 80K for everything... If u didn't get wat i said let me re-qoute it. A 130BHP Honda SOHC car will take down a VZR and GT :)

And the initial cost of the car itself? Labour? Are you sure you wouldn't want to count the time taken to get rid of the spare tire, jack and back seats before the run? Maybe the toulene? or the slicks? Or the myriad of other things you do just to say a Honda SOHC can take down another car? Owa gihilla konday bandapu cheenanta kiyapan :P

Anyhoo, you can have your Honda Julola. Personally, both the GT and the VZR are a lot more exclusive :P

It's a known fact man... Exclusive in which sense... You gain no exclusiveness after getting trashed by a mere 130BHP car... And BTW for ur Thatte's info no one always run Toluene or slicks for drags.. You wouldn't know that now would you... The 80K is inclusive of labour... And a SOHC EG8 will cost only mere 12 laks ;) ... If u want to market your car this ain't the way :P