• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Forum Not Working Properly!

Hi Madz,

Sorry for popping up an old thread, just thought of letting you know about an observation that I've made a couple of times which might be something that is not the intended behaviour of the forum. This is a minor issue in my opinion.

Let me list down the steps so that you can try to re-create it on your own.

1. From any page, click on the "Messenger" envelope icon on the top bar. A list of most recent messages in the inbox is shown.

2. Select a message thread from the aforementioned list. The message thread is loaded.

3. While on this message thread, click on the "View New Content" button on the top of the page.

4. AutoLanka takes you to a page with the most recently registered members (instead of loading the New Content index page).

I assume that the above behaviour is unintentional, and that the "View New Content" button should take the user back to the index page with the latest content.

Hope this will help you diagnose the issue. Keep up the good work in keeping the forum running smoothly.

Cheers!

Davy

I think that's intentional behaviour, Davy. You'll notice, if the members tab is highlighted, then clicking the "New Content" shows new members. The Calendar, the new Calendar entries (moot) and Forums, it will show the threads. Programmed behaviour for that button.

first of all happy new year 2013 Madz recently i get a error saying that "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" when trying to post pic from tinypic.

I think that's intentional behaviour, Davy. You'll notice, if the members tab is highlighted, then clicking the "New Content" shows new members. The Calendar, the new Calendar entries (moot) and Forums, it will show the threads. Programmed behaviour for that button.

Ah I see. I completely missed the fact that the "Members" button gets highlighted when the messenger is loaded. I was a bit confused because when I press the "View New Content" button for the second time (after step 4 in my list of steps), it loads the new threads on the forum.

Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks for the prompt response.

Edited by Davy

first of all happy new year 2013 Madz recently i get a error saying that "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" when trying to post pic from tinypic.

ya even i got that. tried many times to post a pic. then gave up.. :sad-smiley-066:

ya even i got that. tried many times to post a pic. then gave up.. :sad-smiley-066:

Yep seems like there's some issue...I'll have a look at it ! Tx