• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving With High Beam On- So Irritating

Regarding those Batta case, they have got an option to adjust their beams. So what those buggers have done is, have adjusted their low beam in maximum height angle to view the road which they don't have any idea of what impact will be on others by doing this.

Truely, idiotic retards.... :sport-smiley-005:

Traveling on E01 full length up/down weekly at nights.and most of those vehicles are on high beam , but doesn't irritate as in a normal road, may be the barrier in the middle is obstructing the beams to eye level,

You should dip them machan, its very hard when couple of people have their high beams on in the other lane and when you're the only one coming from the other side. What I do in certain situations is move to the left side as much as possible. (p.s. me too a daily E01 traveler)

Regarding those Batta case, they have got an option to adjust their beams. So what those buggers have done is, have adjusted their low beam in maximum height angle to view the road which they don't have any idea of what impact will be on others by doing this.

Truely, idiotic retards.... :sport-smiley-005:

I also heard this from a friend. Never been in a batta so not sure. In any case, driving into them with the high beam on is the only solution. With the couple of years of experience I have got used to my wife's scream on my left ear while doing so... :sport-smiley-004:

Agreed on switching to dip for the on coming traffic in E01.. Its true that its not that blinding like in normal roads, but it sure obstruct the visibility of oncoming drivers. And its not like you have to pull a lever using both of your hands to dip your lights,, Just one finger movement ne...

IMHO if one is so selfish just not to move even a single finger in benifit of others, that says a lot about the qualities of that person...

And about the retards who follow you with their high beams on, i just let lem over take me and follow the bugger with my high beams on for a while, just to show them how inconvenience it is...

(I have my rear windows tinted in full dark and even with that also, its difficult to drive when a high beams are behind you.. )

For the drivers tailing you on high beam, the convenient solution is to use the functionality of your anti-glare (center) rear view mirror. Almost all cars since the 90s have an anti-glare center rear view mirror. (Some modern cars have this for external mirrors as well.)

For those who are unfamiliar with what this is...

Edited by Davy

We should wear sunglasses while driving at night too.

another annoying thing is when these buffoons decide to use the high beam while following you.

its bloody annoying

That's true. I've encountered it many times. And the worse thing is they make the rear view mirror shine like a diamond thus irritating the eyes. Imagine how worse it will be if it is raining!!!

And about the retards who follow you with their high beams on, i just let lem over take me and follow the bugger with my high beams on for a while, just to show them how inconvenience it is...

I tried this few times, but with on coming taffic, I had to switch to low.

(I have my rear windows tinted in full dark and even with that also, its difficult to drive when a high beams are behind you.. )

Yeah, that’s the method I practice too and same goes to those retards who keep honking and coming behind…

OT - mate Isn’t it inconvenience for you when you fully tinted your rear windows, especially when you need to reverse in the night?

I tried this few times, but with on coming taffic, I had to switch to low.

Yeh thats true... thats collateral damage... hi hi hi.. Anyway, its depending on the situation machan... if on coming traffic is constant and the bugger overtook you is not going faster than you,, i wont do it.. Again its depending on the situation..

1+

I just dont follow with heads on...but also flash it randomly... Once trailed an ahole in an allion from armor street to peliyagoda until he finally pulled over.

Douche was on his hi beam HID right behind me for a long time and wouldn't even overtake me even when i slowed down to let him pass.

Some sorta mental condition i feel.

Then once i got behind him finally, he had to deal with 400watts of hella :)

OT - mate Isn’t it inconvenience for you when you fully tinted your rear windows, especially when you need to reverse in the night?

Huh tell me about it machan... you cant see shit in the dark when your rear windows are tinted.. especially full dark.. only help you have is side mirros machan... Now i've gotten used to it.. think of it as you are reversing a lorry.. hi hi hi.. and try to avoid reversing in the night as much as possible.. thats the trick...

1+

I just dont follow with heads on...but also flash it randomly... Once trailed an ahole in an allion from armor street to peliyagoda until he finally pulled over.

Douche was on his hi beam HID right behind me for a long time and wouldn't even overtake me even when i slowed down to let him pass.

Some sorta mental condition i feel.

Then once i got behind him finally, he had to deal with 400watts of hella :)

:D Good one! The bugger must have felt like his rear end is on fire!

With the couple of years of experience I have got used to my wife's scream on my left ear while doing so... :sport-smiley-004:

This is the reason why I keep myself calm most of the times, there's always someone in the front passenger seat ready to scream as if though I am trying to kill them. lol. So I kind of release all the stress when there's no one else in the car. :P

For the drivers tailing you on high beam, the convenient solution is to use the functionality of your anti-glare (center) rear view mirror. Almost all cars since the 90s have an anti-glare center rear view mirror.

The problem is, reflection is not only from centre rear view mirror. It may reflect from side mirrors and from your windscreen.

The problem is, reflection is not only from centre rear view mirror. It may reflect from side mirrors and from your windscreen.

While this is true, there is a significant improvement when the centre rear view mirror gets out of the way. I have also not encountered a scenario where the rear light reflects from the front windscreen. I guess it can happen in vehicles were the front winscreen is almost vertical.

While this is true, there is a significant improvement when the centre rear view mirror gets out of the way. I have also not encountered a scenario where the rear light reflects from the front windscreen. I guess it can happen in vehicles were the front winscreen is almost vertical.

Though the reflection from windscreen is not so strong, it's still disturbing for me. Whenever I turn on my head lights, I turn the center mirror to anti glare position as a habit.

(When the center mirror is in normal position, even if the vehicle behind is dipped, it's still inconvenient in the night).

Though the reflection from windscreen is not so strong, it's still disturbing for me. Whenever I turn on my head lights, I turn the center mirror to anti glare position as a habit.

(When the center mirror is in normal position, even if the vehicle behind is dipped, it's still inconvenient in the night).

This is something new... whats your car machan?

This is something new... whats your car machan?

Sorry, I haven't put it correctly. What I mean is, regardless of the vehicle behind you dipped or not, driving with the center mirror in normal position in the night time is inconvenient. So the center rear view mirror is out of the question.

I too desperately wish the idiots would stop following me with high beams, they are so irritating on the mirrors, anti-glare or not.

It's not a problem on open roads where you could easily go faster or let the idiots pass, but on traffic .. arrggh!!

Our MC's/UC's and other authorities are partly responsible for this issue as we hv not managed the street lighting properly at all.

If they are willing to invest in a long-term, sustainable solution for street lighting which would switch on and off at proper light levels and ensure that a wider area of roads are covered with proper lighting, then there will be no need to use the high beams at all.

I almost never use my highbeams in Colombo but you cant fault people for trying to see better in darker areas.

• Like 1