• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Levin/sprinter Trueno Ae85/86

JadeyBlitzen

• 6 months later...

Hey guys..

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a AE85 trueno hatch or coupe(Preferably a coupe )???

I have looked all over but i havent been able to find one. :sad-smiley-050:

Im planning to restore it and drop in a Blacktop 20v...

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Levinlover

Hey guys..

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a AE85 trueno hatch or coupe(Preferably a hatch )???

Welcome to AL, Trueno/Levins are getting to be a bit hard to find these days because a lot of Sri Lankans appear to be having more or less the same idea you have all of a sudden.

There were a couple of cars for sale in the recent past, take a look at the Classic Car Search page on the book of faces as well as the Rapid Rev page, they popped up there.

Other than that you'll have to trawl through the papers and perhaps the "quick" free ad site and be patient. One should pop up eventually.

Welcome to AL, Trueno/Levins are getting to be a bit hard to find these days because a lot of Sri Lankans appear to be having more or less the same idea you have all of a sudden.

There were a couple of cars for sale in the recent past, take a look at the Classic Car Search page on the book of faces as well as the Rapid Rev page, they popped up there.

Other than that you'll have to trawl through the papers and perhaps the "quick" free ad site and be patient. One should pop up eventually.

Thanks alot..really appreciate it.. :)

Hey guys..

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a AE85 trueno hatch or coupe(Preferably a hatch )???

Your name does not match your requirement! Anyways can get you a contact of a AE85 Levin.

Anyway the older generation has completely forgotten what a beautiful car the AE85/86 is...

They have even forgotten what fun it was to drive a manual...

I can relate! My father wants the KSev gone for some reason...but I'm not letting her go! :sport-smiley-004:

Anyways, where is this AE85? What registration is it?

Edited by Jaliya48

Thanks! I won't let her go that easily, not even for a Levin!

So this AE85 has a 4AC engine, does it?

JDM AE85s came with a 3A-U engine. As far as I know the 4A-C AE85s were USDM SR5s (not sure if it was the case for other export markets as well)

guess i wasn't creative enough with the name.. :speechless-smiley-004:

i checked out the levin..

there were some issues with the car and it seemed it would go way over my budget to get her on track..

Mate, this will happen no matter which car you pick to build. I'm no expert in restorations, but I am yet to hear a single car which was built within the budget.

What were the issues with this car? Since you're swapping an engine I'm guessing you're prepared to do a lot? Maybe these issues will be addressed anyway when you go on. And of course issues are bargaining chips when buying a second hand car. You can try to knock the price down with the seller and then work on selling the idea to your father ;)

• Like 1

Mate, this will happen no matter which car you pick to build. I'm no expert in restorations, but I am yet to hear a single car which was built within the budget.

What were the issues with this car? Since you're swapping an engine I'm guessing you're prepared to do a lot? Maybe these issues will be addressed anyway when you go on. And of course issues are bargaining chips when buying a second hand car. You can try to knock the price down with the seller and then work on selling the idea to your father ;)

I guess your right about the budget bro...

the car had met with an accident before (front left side) and my dad was worried whether the chassis had twisted from that accident...

This car had the original Toyota 3A engine but it was burning engine oil badly..

this worried me because i wasnt planning to do the conversion immediately. I wanted to address the bigger issues initially (minor corrosion, painting,etc) and then go in for the conversion (which would take some time). Because of the emissions i was a bit worried i might not be able the renew the revenue license which was already expired as soon as i purchased the car.

But what was awesome about this levin was that it was in pure stock condition...

I guess your right about the budget bro...

the car had met with an accident before (front left side) and my dad was worried whether the chassis had twisted from that accident...

This car had the original Toyota 3A engine but it was burning engine oil badly..

this worried me because i wasnt planning to do the conversion immediately. I wanted to address the bigger issues initially (minor corrosion, painting,etc) and then go in for the conversion (which would take some time). Because of the emissions i was a bit worried i might not be able the renew the revenue license which was already expired as soon as i purchased the car.

But what was awesome about this levin was that it was in pure stock condition...

Ah so you're looking at a rolling restoration. In which case your concerns are solid. Our own Supra_Natural is involved in a rolling resto as we speak..luck would have it, on a classic Toyota sports car. You might be able to get a better idea on what you're looking at, if you have a word.

Ah so you're looking at a rolling restoration. In which case your concerns are solid. Our own Supra_Natural is involved in a rolling resto as we speak..luck would have it, on a classic Toyota sports car. You might be able to get a better idea on what you're looking at, if you have a word.

Thanks bro... :)