• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Dude when it's actually a Gallardo, why do you want to call it a Diablo ?

Btw the orange Gallardo was the hottest <3

For some reason I was under the impression there was going to be a Diablo GT present _apart_ from the Gallardos. I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it as it passed me, and figured that was it.

Edited by terrabytetango

Colombo Night Race Itinerary for Today

6.15 pm - National Anthem

6.30 pm - Event No.01 : Motor Cycle - Group Standard 125 cc (2 Stroke) (06 laps)

6.50 pm - Event No.03 : Motor Car - One make -Nissan March (05 laps)

7.10 pm - Event No.04 : Motor Car - Laser/Mazda upto 1300 cc (05 laps)

7.30 pm - Event No.05 : Motor Car - One Make - Mini 7 (05 laps)

8.00 pm - 30 minutes break for opening of road

8.30 pm - Event No.02 : Motor Cycle - Group Super Motard up to 250 (08 laps)

8.50 pm - Event No. 06 : Motor Cycle - Group Std 125 cc (06 laps)

9.10 pm - Event No.17 : Motor Car - GT 4 Cars (10 laps)

9.40 pm - Event No.08 : Motor Car - Laser/Mazda 1500 cc (06 laps)

10.00 pm - Event No. 09: Motor Car - SL A cars up to 1050 cc (06 laps)

10.20 pm - 20 minutes break for opening of road

10.40 pm - Event No. 07 : Motor Cycle - Group Standard Four stroke 250cc (06 laps)

11.00 pm - Event No. 10: Motor Car Formula Mclarens (08 laps)

11.20 pm - Event No.11 : Motor Car VW Polo cup Cars R1 (10 laps)

11.50 pm - Event No.14 : Motor Car SL H 1600 cc (08 laps)

12 .10 am - 20 minutes break for opening of road

00.30 am - Event No.12 : Motor Cycle - Group Super motard 450 cc (06 Laps)

00.50 am - Event No. 13: Motor Cycle - Group Open over 250 cc (08 Laps)

01.10 am - Event No.11 : Motor Car VW Polo cup Cars R2 (10 laps)

01.40 am - Event No.15 : Motor Car Formula Ford (10 laps)

02.10 am - Event No.16 : Motor Car SL GT 10 laps

02.40 am - Event No.17 : Motor Car GT 4 Cars (10 laps)

I notice that events 11 and 17 are repeated. Is this intentional?

I've been out of the loop for a while, but it's awesome to hear this event is happening in SL ... wish you guys could've also got the chance to see the C6R Corvette, Jaguar XK and Ferrari 458 race cars too (from the ALMS), pretty damn ridiculous sounding; each in their own sound spectrum. The Porsches are awesome and stupid fast but they just don't sound like they wanna punch me in the nuts for looking at it, lol. Although I'd love to hear the Lambos. I have a bunch of pics from when they raced in Baltimore, just never got the chance to post them up.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but it's awesome to hear this event is happening in SL ... wish you guys could've also got the chance to see the C6R Corvette, Jaguar XK and Ferrari 458 race cars too (from the ALMS), pretty damn ridiculous sounding; each in their own sound spectrum. The Porsches are awesome and stupid fast but they just don't sound like they wanna punch me in the nuts for looking at it, lol. Although I'd love to hear the Lambos. I have a bunch of pics from when they raced in Baltimore, just never got the chance to post them up.

You're right MeanGreen. One could get an orgasm listening to them. I went to see the ALMS at Mid-Ohio, which is right in my neighborhood.The LMP cars sound crazier than rest.

Edited by madmax

He didn't run the Lambo?

The blue one wasn't run .. DM and the other Porsche driver took those to GT cars to the max (that was safely possible I guess). Heard DM say to a journo that given more run-off they could easily take them up more.

Good to see 350Z taking up the middle of the field against the lotus's and (a rather cautiously driven lambo)

Our local cars were also a treat to watch at times - some people really drove their socks off.

As I expected, there were a huge amount of waiting, compounded by the bikes but the sounds were all damn music to petrolhead ears!!

No kudos for some spectators who were ill disciplined, including the few who got hit by the formula ford. I was waiting for something of that sort to happen.

Edited by vishkid

The blue one wasn't run .. DM and the other Porsche driver took those to GT cars to the max (that was safely possible I guess). Heard DM say to a journo that given more run-off they could easily take them up more.

Good to see 350Z taking up the middle of the field against the lotus's and (a rather cautiously driven lambo)

Our local cars were also a treat to watch at times - some people really drove their socks off.

As I expected, there were a huge amount of waiting, compounded by the bikes but the sounds were all damn music to petrolhead ears!!

No kudos for some spectators who were ill disciplined, including the few who got hit by the formula ford. I was waiting for something of that sort to happen.

Was this after 4am? I was there when people crossed the roads at the roundabout right as the cars were coming, but don't remember seeing any casualties.

Was this after 4am? I was there when people crossed the roads at the roundabout right as the cars were coming, but don't remember seeing any casualties.

Around 4 - when formula fords were running. Near the WTC/Intercon turn - just learnt that one of the guys was a former classmate, ouch!

Yeah they sounded bloody awesome,specially the Lambo when downshifting.

Here's a little video I shot,crank up the volume and enjoy...

Oh yeah...the foreign GT race car sounds were awesome, very different indeed. now thats what we call 'Race music to ears'.

Thats was one hell of a night...im sure everyone enjoyed except the moronic idiot who tested himself against a speeding formula Ford.

Crowd was amazing, atmosphere was electric and hats off to the organisers and officials for bringing this real thrills to people who suffered really bad from the 30+ year old bloody war.This is not a politically motivated statement but let me thank Namal and Yoshitha brothers for making loads of impossible tasks very possible.I personally know that without that duo, Colombo Night Race 2011 wouldve been just a racing dream.Reminding again, just appreciating two petrolheads.

Last but not least want to thank all the drivers and riders participated especially all AL members took part.

MINIACE

• Like 2

Epic indeed. Arrived home at 6am, with 1400+ pics, which is not bad considering I only got out of that wedding after 11! Damn, SL-GT was such a busy race, just constantly turning round and round firing like a machine gun! Hopefully there is some good stuff there too, was doing quite a bit of experimentation.

And Nissan V6 > Lambo V10 :D Woo!! But damn those Porsches were quick.