• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Integra

BLu3HaZe

Hey everyone,

Have any of you heard/seen of a 96 Integra DC2 square light SiR with auto transmission? And can it be converted to manual without too much trouble? I can find new gears but need trans case, syncro's, and all the little odd bits, any such luck from a crashed or condemned or whatever B18 car?

BTW

I guess your getting confused with these other white Virss that looks similar. But ya Sir has been changed a bit from the original look

Nope I'm not confused, saw it today at about 11am parked at the Heerassagala Keels Super :) HS-7324, I saw and saved the number to come back home and check with the picture. I'd seen that car before but didn't believe it to be an SiR cuz of the loud sound and low speed!! :o Wow, nice to know we have such a car here :D It has red/black DOHC VTEC on the sides and a Type R style H badge on front and back, Civic Ferio badge taken off and SiR on the boot lid from a few weeks back. :)

So THAT'S an EK4 Sedan with B16A?? Hmmm, wonder if he's selling. How much would it cost? Hope the owner isn't reading. As you guys had it, may I know the history too please? How many drags and accidents? :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Have any of you heard/seen of a 96 Integra DC2 square light SiR with auto transmission? And can it be converted to manual without too much trouble? I can find new gears but need trans case, syncro's, and all the little odd bits, any such luck from a crashed or condemned or whatever B18 car?

BTW

Nope I'm not confused, saw it today at about 11am parked at the Heerassagala Keels Super :) HS-7324, I saw and saved the number to come back home and check with the picture. I'd seen that car before but didn't believe it to be an SiR cuz of the loud sound and low speed!! :o Wow, nice to know we have such a car here :D It has red/black DOHC VTEC on the sides and a Type R style H badge on front and back, Civic Ferio badge taken off and SiR on the boot lid from a few weeks back. :)

So THAT'S an EK4 Sedan with B16A?? Hmmm, wonder if he's selling. How much would it cost? Hope the owner isn't reading. As you guys had it, may I know the history too please? How many drags and accidents? :D

Two of the former owners of that car are forum members ;)

Are you stalking the car? lol

Hehe :D Nope, it's just around my area and I always have a quick eye for a nice looking car :) But well, on that day I WAS actually looking for it all along the way from home to kandy cuz I wanted to see if I was wrong, which is just for informational purposes so no 'stalking' ;)

Two of the former owners of that car are forum members ;)

OoopZ! Guess it's not too nice to discuss about it then. But maybe they'd be kind enough to give some info on the car, as it's no longer theirs? :)

Well the nice white DC2 ITR was out today....saw it off Stratford Ave this evening - looked like it was having its exhaust worked on

That's nice, heard only two in SL? :) Who owns it anyway? Wonder if they're selling, and how much if at all. Just an inquiry from anyone who knows.

Btw, how many DC2 'nikan' stuff is there? Not the Type R I mean, just the B18 model? Any idea?

@Devinda_Z

Hey I was searching google and saw some older posts of yours from 2007, regarding a green Integra 1.8 auto. Seems you know hell of a lot about these, even the 'GSR' problem 3 years back while I was also confused. :) Any advice you can give? Someone had told about a manual swap has it been done or are parts available? I see that it's a SiR-G as you say, a DB8 sedan of 300- numbers. How much are those cars worth now? :o If 1.8M was too much even those days...?

And if I quote from a certain 'albertho' : I have a 1997 SiR2 DC2, specs are 178bhp@7600rpm and 17.8 kg/m@6200rpm.

OMG, where is this car? Have all these crashed into pieces within 3 years or something? :(

Quote 'mazdaspeed' : Really love the Honda Integra with the 2 lights….. One time I was looking for 1 but was way over my budget….

Well he must have found something for it to have been over his budget? The 2 long light DB8/DC2 I mean?

Any info by anyone will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by BLu3HaZe

That's nice, heard only two in SL? :) Who owns it anyway? Wonder if they're selling, and how much if at all. Just an inquiry from anyone who knows.

Btw, how many DC2 'nikan' stuff is there? Not the Type R I mean, just the B18 model? Any idea?

The owner is on the forum - i'll leave it up to his if he wishes to make himself known :)

And if I quote from a certain 'albertho' : I have a 1997 SiR2 DC2, specs are 178bhp@7600rpm and 17.8 kg/m@6200rpm.

OMG, where is this car? Have all these crashed into pieces within 3 years or something? :(

He lives in the Middle East and his cars are there, not in SL

Edited by madmax

No replacement for displacement?? I don't know. Research :)

Anyways I was wrong about the white EK SiR owner, a friend told it has changed hands just recently

It was with the same person I sold it to, about a month back when I was in SL. Any idea who owns it now?

• 2 years later...

Guys need bit of information about Integra

I've noticed that most common models are DB6/DB8 and there is only two DC2 in the country.. (correct me if I am wrong)

What automatic boxes they use? I mean are the Multimatic(CVT) or normal boxes. Because want to know they have the same problem that EK3 Multimatic boxes having in in SL due to poor maintanance.

Guys need bit of information about Integra

I've noticed that most common models are DB6/DB8 and there is only two DC2 in the country.. (correct me if I am wrong)

What automatic boxes they use? I mean are the Multimatic(CVT) or normal boxes. Because want to know they have the same problem that EK3 Multimatic boxes having in in SL due to poor maintanance.

They have standard Honda 4 Speed Automatics, not the CVT.. Supposed to be decent boxes if they've been treated right. Send Komisiripala a message, his "Project R" was an Automatic before it's transformation..

4 Spd. Not multimatic. Don't think they can mate a multi to a b18 motor.

There are 7 db8's brought down by Stafford. 8th is zackies. Stafford ones are all auto. Were, rather. Now it's 6. Gsr spec. Sldm

The dc2 sedans are gs spec. 1.6 liter sohc motors and rear drums. Not my cuppa tea. And there's a few around.

Thanks guys, and Komi that Project-R is truely awosome. I have been following it every day even though didn't come up with words of encouragement (sure you got plenty of them here)

I had to move to auto box for a while. So a teg would be a top candidate. Being a manual lover, I am saddened to move to an auto. Anyhow, prefer a integra over a ViRS because having a manual Vi already for last 3 and half years is too much now :)

So I assume the best option with tegra is DB8

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="241133" data-time="1369981426"><p>

Yup. Deffa. There's a couple on sale. Check the al classifieds</p></blockquote>

Red one is gone already. Black one is a DB6 isn't it

Thanks for info komi. Now this D16z motor has several versions of it. All are SOHC with some coming in VTEC and some are not. What does tegs in Sl having inside. Not the rare B series ones. But ones with D series engines?