• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gear Oil Change In Swift 2008

mazdaspeed

Question

Hi Folks,

Got a problem with a Suzuki Swift – My mother had gone and bought a Swift simply because some fool in her office had said Mazda Demio had a manufacture defect - she’s hearing no end of my complaints naturally.

OK to the issue : The model is a 2008, Swift 1.2XGA with CVT gearbox and does not have a dip stick for gear oil. A*W do not know how or even have the equipment to attend to the gear box oil change. As far as they know that oil was suppose to be lifetime ahhhhhhhh ???????

Does any 1 know how I can change the oil and what type of oil should be put in as I know CVT’s need to be taken care of promptly .

Would love to know more information of the car from other users as well. E.g what’;s the “S” position next to the “D” etc…

Thx in advance

12 answers to this question

any 1 pls

I am using A suzuki Swift XG 1.2 2008 Model myself.

I think you should not be very concerned about CVT oil changing if your car has a low mileage than 100,000 KM.

I was worried about changing CVT oil too. But after reading about CVT in the net and many cars including Toyota Axios having same technology; don't worry!

CVT technology is much better than normal auto transmission; however, many mechanics in sri lanka are not familiar. A*W said they will have the CVT oil in future since many new models including SX4 has CVT. Its better to get your vehicle serviced in AWM rajagiriya next time. Otherwise, some fellow in other service joints try to find where to change gear oil and screw the whole engine.

Till then just enjoy your Swift! :)

TC

the oil is lifetime. you dont have to change it. theres no dip stick to check the level. only a nut on the side to add oil if theres a leak. then again how the heck do we check if there is any oil or not?? thats one serious flaw in newer cars. its the same in toyota vitz as well.

I may be wrong, but you need to change the CVT oil every 40k - I really don't know how you would do this, perhaps check the user manual or search online for an English one for that model.

I have a gearbox expert, ping me if you want the contact details.

The 'S' is for 'sport' mode on CVT gearboxes - I think its like driving without OD.

CVT oil must change periodically. Check the manual or contact A*W for the correct interval and the oil.....

S on most outboxes has a larger gear shift range. So it keeps the RPM much higher than on the D. It has better acceleration, and good engine braking. So it is a Sports mode.

I may be wrong, but you need to change the CVT oil every 40k - I really don't know how you would do this, perhaps check the user manual or search online for an English one for that model.

I have a gearbox expert, ping me if you want the contact details.

The 'S' is for 'sport' mode on CVT gearboxes - I think its like driving without OD.

Hi,

Can I have contact details of your gearbox expert, I need to get clean two oil filters there in my CVT box..

I have experience with toyota vitz (2005+) cvt oil change.

There is no gear oil for life time of a auto/cvt box! it is just marketing!!

Not having a dip stick does not mean the oil is permanent.

Changing intervals depends (40,000~60,000km or may be 25000km in severe driving conditions).

Correct method of changing oil is removing the oil pan (oil sump) and filling correct oil via oil feed port which is in the upper side.

Breather tube and side housing nuts are NOT the filler ports so should not try to open it.

Oil filler port is very closer to the breather tube.

Please note that just unscrewing the drain plug will not drain the oil completely; drain plug has an internal drain tube which extends about 2 inches inside the chamber.

You might need to replace the oil pan gasket as well.

For toyota vitz it usually take 4L (little less) of oil after full drain, for toyota vitz (and for all most all toyota cvts) the oil is TOYOTA CVT-TC

When you fill the box with new oil it should only reach the tip of oil filler plug and care should be taken not to over fill.

Edited by nano31