• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Benz Accident

Uditha88

This is not about bashing any members or anything but we all make bad decisions in life....However i dont think someone should pay with their lives for it...Human life should be considered sacred...after all the boys who died were someones son, brother, boyfriend, friend etc....put ur self in their shoes for a minute

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 2

Actually the surviving guy (front passenger seat, he escaped with some broken bones) said that they had negotiated one bend and a bug has splattered on the windscreen (not sea spray). The driver has actually opened the window to take it off with his hand as it was beyond the reach of the wipers while still at speed (around 170 I think) and they have not even seen a second bend coming up...flown right through it, hit a tree and fallen into a stream.

Beyond the reach of wipers so it wouldn't affect the drivers vision ??? i mean will someone go to da extent to clean a bug if its not blocking his view & also at 170kmh????

That's a bit harsh don't you think machan? While I agree that being irresponsible can bring about disaster, you're just gonna piss people off stating it like that, especially the people who knew the poor souls.

Well can we expect something better from someone who once thought its a cool thing to see a fellow members heli fall down while broadcasting the traffic updates ha… point is they might have had a drink, drove recklessly and got the ultimate penalty but none of us should wish one should die because of what they have done… after all this is the human life we are talking guys!!..Jeess! we should seriously stop insulting those 2 guys who died..

Edited by Simplelife
  • Like 4

Its pathetic how to what extent some forum members went on about with this story. To all who were concerned more about the car than the dear lives that were lost, I hope someday nothing like this happen to you nor to anyone you may know of. Two families lost their loving sons, and I lost a great friend. Wish you people showed more respect for the lives lost than for a stupid car.

+1 :)

Well can we expect something better from someone who once thought its a cool thing to see a fellow member’s heli fall down while broadcasting the traffic updates ha… point is they might have had a drink, drove recklessly and got the ultimate penalty but none of us should wish one should die because of what they have done… after all this is the human life we are talking guys!!..Jeess! we should seriously stop insulting those 2 guys who died..

Ok first of all I have already apologized to the issue about miniace and stated that I did not realize he was a member here when I made the joke. I have personally apologized to some members here about it.

As for having a drink and driving. Thats perfectly fine, any one does it but getting drunk and driving is a completely different story. It wasn't stated as a fact that the driver was drunk, it's an assumption. What it a fact is that the driver was on a public road going at an unbelievable speed while putting the others lives at risk. This isn't an isolated incident. There are many deaths each month of innocent bystanders caused by drunk drivers. I'm just stating that I'm glad these people died without killing the bread winner of a poor family.

To the guy that asked me if I have ever consumed alcohol and driven a car. Yes I have but I limit myself to two pints of beer and have always made sure I was good to drive. The problem at hand isn't someone having a beer and driving. It's someone supposedly getting inebriated and getting behind the wheel and then driving fast.

It's a fact that there is a group of rich kids in this country that think they are above the law and find it ok to drive to night clubs and get wasted then drive around town. It's funny how it's only the poor bugger driving a three wheeler that gets jail time after drinking a little and driving.

Anyway to those who I aggravated by my remrks I do appologize for the timing but I don't appologize for stating facts.

Eitherway I wish all of you guys who are defending drunk driving and who actually drink and drive the best. I hope absolut and johnnie walker gods will keep you and our roadways safe.

• Like 2

if this is the kind of people i have locked horns with then by all means i am on the right side. proud ~~~Newbie of The Year 2010~~~~ is a real sell-off and goes on to explain the true status of the more vocal population in this forum.

• Like 2

Ok first of all I have already apologized to the issue about miniace and stated that I did not realize he was a member here when I made the joke. I have personally apologized to some members here about it.

As for having a drink and driving. Thats perfectly fine, any one does it but getting drunk and driving is a completely different story. It wasn't stated as a fact that the driver was drunk, it's an assumption. What it a fact is that the driver was on a public road going at an unbelievable speed while putting the others lives at risk. This isn't an isolated incident. There are many deaths each month of innocent bystanders caused by drunk drivers. I'm just stating that I'm glad these people died without killing the bread winner of a poor family.

To the guy that asked me if I have ever consumed alcohol and driven a car. Yes I have but I limit myself to two pints of beer and have always made sure I was good to drive. The problem at hand isn't someone having a beer and driving. It's someone supposedly getting inebriated and getting behind the wheel and then driving fast.

It's a fact that there is a group of rich kids in this country that think they are above the law and find it ok to drive to night clubs and get wasted then drive around town. It's funny how it's only the poor bugger driving a three wheeler that gets jail time after drinking a little and driving.

Anyway to those who I aggravated by my remrks I do appologize for the timing but I don't appologize for stating facts.

Eitherway I wish all of you guys who are defending drunk driving and who actually drink and drive the best. I hope absolut and johnnie walker gods will keep you and our roadways safe.

Well i sincerely hope your two pints dont result in clouding your judgment while driving

I see that a whole new story is being built up little by little in this discussion. I do not know anything special about this accident. But after reading first few posts, what i can see is a bunch of people making assumptions and starting to blame on the ones who are dead at the moment!

• Like 3

if this is the kind of people i have locked horns with then by all means i am on the right side. proud ~~~Newbie of The Year 2010~~~~ is a real sell-off and goes on to explain the true status of the more vocal population in this forum.

In case you are too retarded to figure it out; I put that because of a poll masterdon made for fun. I put it up there just for the hell of it. I guess I need to be careful about what I post on my signature since there seem to be a few dyslexic people here.

Oh BTW isn't it time for you to go cook or clean the dishes or something? or did your wife let you borrow her modified honda city to drag race with a vios or three-wheeler tonight?

Edited by jdnet

In case you are too retarded to figure it out; I put that because of a poll masterdon made for fun. I put it up there just for the hell of it. I guess I need to be careful about what I post on my signature since there seem to be a few dyslexic people here.

Oh BTW isn't it time for you to go cook or clean the dishes or something? or did your wife let you borrow her modified honda city to drag race with a vios or three-wheeler tonight?

oy let me watch sanga getting the MoM award... ah ok now look look... you don't have to explain to me like that. you act like a "Galey Reepu Balala" trying to cover-up shit. what's your problem?

• Like 1

Speeding or not !! We lost 2 young souls Rest in peace,we don't know what is rite and what is wrong did a bug cause this or did something else cause this tragedy.And the comments on Gossip lanka are really pittiful.Thats the nature of people i guess .

Dude, you are asking for a thumping. jdnet's opinion is his own, not "the true status of the more vocal population". I demand an apology and a withdrawal of your statement immediately.

oy let me watch sanga getting the MoM award... ah ok now look look... you don't have to explain to me like that. you act like a "Galey Reepu Balala" trying to cover-up shit. what's your problem?

aiyoo nangi you are still here? I thought you might have gone to singapore to drive your friend's GTR for a couple of weeks.

I dont think anybody here is defending or promoting drunk driving. Most of us trying to emphasize here is dont disrespect the ones that are no more and for crying out loud stop giving a sh1t about a merc. Would have this story ever popped up if it was a maruti? NO! And the other thing is do you happen to know the blood alcohol levels of the deceased? Do you know if they were doing 200kmph as mentioned by some unreliable news sources? You know nothing, but you keep on assuming.

I hate getting in the middle of this unworthy argument of who is right and who is wrong, but I ever so humbly ask all of you to respect the dead. I dont like seeing my friend who is no more being called an idiot, loser, some drunkard rich kid etc. He was a great son of motherlanka, meant no harm to anybody and a humble guy to those who didnt know him.

JDnet you specifically mentioned in an earlier post that you were glad they died the way they did. man how could you ever be glad upon someones death? That was somebodys son, somebodys buddy. May be you dont care about your friends who passed away but I do. I continuesly failed to see where your coming from about this whole matter. Wish no death even on your enemy.

For those jobless who found this whole accident as a joke, a point of arguement and criticism, think how much the loved ones of the passed away will hurt if they get to see this.

Im just an insignificant member in this forum but Peri I hope you consider locking this thread up, cos each day passed by its been getting nothing but uglier. Dont want to see this becoming another Gossip lanka.

• Like 2

i can't believe how insensitive JDnet is. who cares about a stupid car? its just steel and rubber. you can never replace human life. you can never replace a son, a brother or a friend. would you dare go up to someone who was related or knew the deceased and say that you were glad they died because they were irresponsible and you feel bad about the car?? people think they can say anything hiding behind computer screens!

• Like 2

This is nice - on on hand some are trying to paint a saintly picture over some kids who violated most of the rule book and bought death upon themselves.

OTOH, some are accused of degrading their death!

C'mon guys - no one .. no bug or man .. bought death on these guys - except the driver of that car (possibly with the approval of the rest!).

It's ok to breath a sigh of relief that they did not kill anyone else in the process!

I hope some of you hv seen the board posted on the Mortuary of the National Hospital : "Mortui Vivos Docent: Let the Dead Teach the Living"

We only hv to take the lesson off this incident and let the dead lie as they are ...

Wow, for a country that saw 3 decades of blowing up, chopping up, shootings, stabbings, burning on tyres, burning in cars, families strung up like wesak koodu, decapitated bodies, disemboweled bodies, eyes gouged out with iron rods, etc etc. aren't we such a sensitive lot when a few irresponsible twats meet with an untimely death of their own making.

Were you guys this sensitive and all Politically correct when the SLDF personnel or innocent civilians were blown up or ripped to shreds?

Some drunk retard showoff kills himself and all are up in arms to defend the poor little rich kid!

Where were your bleeding hearts when the LTTE/Pro-LTTE elements in Sri Lanka killed the DS Basketball team in the Fort railway station? Where were you morons and your bleeding hearts when those same people killed our POWs or bashed kids's heads on trees? Where were you guys when people were claymore'd by their hundreds?

Where were you guys when all this happened?

Like I said before, these deaths are regrettable. But not as much if these morons killed some innocent road user during their drunken 'Hikka Run'.

• Like 7

have to agree with vvti and MD here, even though i also sometimes disagree with comments made by JD at the end of the day he is still right.

This thread would never even have begun if the car wasn't a merc or the deceased being of high profile. Nobody cared about the women who was run over by a road roller, nobody cared about the innocent bystanders who die everyday in the road.This whole story is revolving around the Merc whether people like it or not.

And also on the subject of heartless people, i think all the oh so sensitive people who are full of tears cause of this incident should take a look at the thread about the Kfir crash.Nobody and i mean nobody including JD said a word about the lost of the two planes, and mind you they cost much more than a Merc S class.Maybe thats cause it was an actual real accident rather than suicide run by some spoiled kids.

have to agree with vvti and MD here, even though i also sometimes disagree with comments made by JD at the end of the day he is still right.

This thread would never even have begun if the car wasn't a merc or the deceased being of high profile. Nobody cared about the women who was run over by a road roller, nobody cared about the innocent bystanders who die everyday in the road.This whole story is revolving around the Merc whether people like it or not.

And also on the subject of heartless people, i think all the oh so sensitive people who are full of tears cause of this incident should take a look at the thread about the Kfir crash.Nobody and i mean nobody including JD said a word about the lost of the two planes, and mind you they cost much more than a Merc S class.Maybe thats cause it was an actual real accident rather than suicide run by some spoiled kids.

True agreed on your first point. This thread wouldnt even exist if it was some accident caused by a bus driver or something. But just because it was a rich guys son driving a merc who died it doesnt mean u should go around bad mouthing them. at least after they r dead.

Also Did u know the deceased personally to know they were Spoiled Kids or not????? dont just make assumptions on people specially after they die.

• Like 1

Read almost everything everyone wrote till i posted this and devaka I know how you feel cos even I have lost a friend on a earlier incident like such … May the departed rest in peace and the deepest condolences goes to the family who lost a loved one our thoughts are with the families

There no point in crucifying someone who is already paid his price for his mistake with his life

And im not trying to be a saint here by telling i'll only have 2 beers and i'll never drive if im shit drunk and someone had to lift me and drop me in the drving seat and after waking up that you cant remember shit on how you ended up far far away from home with sets of cloths which dont even belong to you :ninja: but most of us we did the same run in our life's with worse conditions but fortunately luck was in our side what you should learn from this is to respect the roads the road rules and to be a lil bit more realistic, practical and conscious when you step inside a car with a drunk friend as a driver or if your overly drunk thinking of driving to a after party when you barely can see the road

Hikka runs after midnight mixed with CMB club music and booze is always deadly cocktail .... :alc: but everyone who did the runs they know its one hell of a after party to be at hikka till early morning sipping some margaritas with some senioritas around you butt naked in the beach or a pool .. and any party animal will always do it again and again despite what happened to these poor chaps .. and what everyone says :angry-smiley-048:

I guess this is not the first accident in hikka runs and deffa this won't be last if you sit at the corner of the road on a weekend or a holiday you will see the rush ... but this is one fatal accident no doughts about that ..... lucky no bystander got hurt due to this incident

im not trying to become a promoter of drunk driving ... personally I dont approve it and I will never advice anyone to do so

if your drunk dont drive or let someone who's not drunk to do it for you

what happened, happened you cannot reverse it i guess alot of ppl who knew the departed would love to turn back time and bring back their love once back to life

missing a friend who you used to booze with, a brother who used to makes you want to kill him at times when he pisses you off, a boyfriend to someone special, a son who will shout ammaaa mata badaginii at home is something you cannot buy for 25Mil SLR end of the day it’s a piece of metal made in Germany which had 4 weels on it and damn the guy would have bought everyone who is critising him a toyota corolla If he lived after a wreck like that ... life is priceless metal is worthless

on a side note can't really approve some comments some people have left by trying to show the poor guys like some rich boys with a death wish guess it feels like it’s a very jealous comment made by a person who couldn't reach to the highest point in his life as he expected and is just bitching about everything he doesn't have in life

grow up ppl there are lot of rural doods still falling from their standard bicycles with there mates when they are going home after they had their daily dose of kassippu ...…ending up all bruised with broken teeth

Edited by kotte mafia

Why are we so captivated by car crashes? http://jalopnik.com/#!5786783/why-are-we-so-captivated-by-car-crashes

Matt Hardigree — Recently, Chinese authorities created a horribly graphic accident compilation video from surveillance cameras to encourage safe driving. Over 12 million Chinese watched it online. Now it's making the rounds here. Why are people so obsessed with car crashes?

WARNING, graphic video below.

People love watching car crash videos, especially ones where we're assured no one is seriously hurt. But this Chinese crash video? Like others before it, they seem to attract more attention when there's some pain involved. And in the case of this graphic video, there's a lot of pain to go around — it's basically a snuff film. So why does this particular video engender so many viewers?

On the surface there's the concept of morbid curiosity. In fact, it's become a common phrase when describing something so awful you can't look away from it as being "like a car accident."

According to Roland Maiuro, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Washington, we tend to look at car accidents because "The accident provides a close encounter without yourself being directly involved being put at risk."

This "close encounter" with the risk of a crash also removes from the viewer some level of fear, because inevitably it becomes mundane. As Mikita Brottman explains in her book Car Crash Culture:

To sit through a series of violent car crashes [on film], one after another after another, is a way of integrating the trauma into a psychic economy, thereby attaining some level of mastery over it. In other words, repetition of the trauma produces two conflicting attitudes toward death: that which acknowledges it as traumatic and that which denies its power to harm. . . . Accidents repeated over and over again stop looking like accidents and start to seem repetitive, automatic, deliberate, and technological.

And for some, there's the Crash factor. In David Cronenberg's film adaption of a novel on the theme, people literally get off on watching car wrecks. One of the characters in the film conveys a similar reasoning as above by saying "After being bombarded endlessly by road safety propaganda, it's almost a relief to have found myself in an actual accident."

Full size

In a paper on our fascination with crashes both economic and vehicular, the researchers equate driving with gambling (PDF) and say the joy is greater because of the risk.

"Some gamble and drive for the excitement, which is enhanced by risk of a crash. Some gamble and drive for the oblivion, which can be no greater than in a crash."

If you extrapolate this out, then, watching car crashes makes driving more exciting because we're somehow more aware of the risk but, simultaneously, less attached to the actual consequences of one and desensitized to their existence. Although that sounds sort of like the arguments often made by family values organizations against violent video games. Is that the only reason we watch?

The reasons for why these videos are appealing may get deeper into the psychology of how we perceive harm and fairness. A 2006 study pitting players against each other in a game where one player was acting fairly and the other wasn't provides some insight into this. Brain imaging showed that when the fair player was rewarded it excited positive feelings in others. When the person acting unfairly was punished, it also excited positive feelings, leading the researchers to conclude "humans derive satisfaction simply from seeing justice administered, even if the punishment is out of their control."

This is supported by the Chinese example. The reason why most of these accidents are filmed and shown by authorities is that they're almost always examples of someone not driving correctly. And the comments on this particular accident video on the video site Yoku, as translated by China Smack, show exactly that same preoccupation with justice and fairness.

Those people are so unobservant of traffic rules. Intensely demand that China's traffic department modify the laws so that those who don't obey the rules like running red light and therefore cause accidents resulting in injuries and deaths should not only die but also pay fines and losses.

There are numerous other comments like that, which ignore the human cost and focus on the justice.

Let's put this to the test. If you watched the video, tell us in the comments below why you did it. Is it already merely a repetitive distraction? Does it make driving more thrilling for you? Are you happy to see the people punished? Is it merely schadenfreude, or are you James Spader?

on a side note can't really approve some comments some people have left by trying to show the poor guys like some rich boys with a death wish guess it feels like it’s a very jealous comment made by a person who couldn't reach to the highest point in his life as he expected and is just bitching about everything he doesn't have in life

grow up ppl there are lot of rural doods still falling from their standard bicycles with there mates when they are going home after they had their daily dose of kassippu ...…ending up all bruised with broken teeth

I'm sorry, in what world is a 21 year old driving his daddy's Merc on a hikka run after a partying session considered to be "reaching the highest point in life"? Its not him that busted his gut working for decades to afford the 30-35 Mill that car costs now is it?

Also, just beyond that tree that the car hit was a small house that housed a family of innocent people. If it werent for that tree, the Mercedes would likely have hit the house. In that situation, things would probably have been FAR worse.

As I said earlier, while I have sympathy for the families of the deceased no amount of whitewashing can change the fact that the people in the car made some seriously bad decisions that triggered a fatal chain of events.

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 1