• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

btw MADZ Peri i get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". Error when trying to post the code of the pic here after upload it to tinypic. :(

Edited by nexus

I haven't seen any of these recently on the roads. About 50 of these were brought to Sri Lanka in the late 70s/early 80s.

Here's a tip: One unique feature about these bikes was the fact that the same pedal was used to kick-start and shift gears, causing many confusions!

19nku9.jpg

Its not a Honda.

You are probably talking about Triumph Thunderbird. This one has similar desgn cues to some Triumphs of the era, but this is not a triumph. It's not a very well known brand.

Edit: To avoid any confusions, let me give some more hints. This one is a two-stroke, 250CC

Edited by Crosswind

Its not a Honda.

You are probably talking about Triumph Thunderbird. This one has similar desgn cues to some Triumphs of the era, but this is not a triumph. It's not a very well known brand.

Edit: To avoid any confusions, let me give some more hints. This one is a two-stroke, 250CC

Hey.. i was just kidding man.. i have no freakin idea what that bike is.. and if you read my comment carefully you'd find what i was exactly saying... :P

Edited by trinity

@Trinity - my comments shows how much I know about Hondas - irrespective of whether they got 2 wheels or 4 wheels.

SInce nearly 24 hours have passed i'll reveal the answer.

The bike I posted is a CZ Jawa 250. It was made in former Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic). The 50 bikes I was talking about, were imported to Sri Lanka as CKDs back in 70s during the communist era (Czechoslovakia was also a communist country). They remained in storage for about 7 or 8 years before being assembled (yes they were assembled in Sri Lanka from CKDs) and sold.

Unfortunately I havent seen any on the Sri Lankan roads recently. If anyone sees one of those, do let me know. I would love to purchase one.

Here's a pic (of a 175CC variant)

cz%20175.jpg

Floor is open to anyone who likes to post.