• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

On 3/4/2024 at 8:29 PM, Duan27 said:

That’s right! 
This particular example was produced by FSM if I’m not mistaken 

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.fc3c8a47432858b0d7a09e56c6601eb9.jpegIMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.2d04cb283c8ab117291e2b3f00006a92.jpeg

Here is the challenge then.

Car is from a famous manufacturer.

IMG_4746.jpeg

2 hours ago, iRage said:

...and interestingly quite a few of them are UK spec.

Think they were imported when the duty was reduced for hybrids. One of our forum members at the time had one.

8 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Think they were imported when the duty was reduced for hybrids. One of our forum members at the time had one.

Yes...this was also the time (one of many) that Hybrid euro luxury brands were cheaper than a petrol Camry :)

4 hours ago, harshansenadhir said:

Not checking forums on daily basis as opposed to those days where I used to be in the forum literally always. Good old days 

here you go. Must be a piece of cake for classic lovers. 

image.png.102e1aa321c0a55eee6d43bd55f8be5d.png

A nice quad-lamped Sedan that I used to love as a kid - had a brochure when I was like 4 or 5. Sadly almost every single one of these are scrapped, and their CR's are used to run Bighorns. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, matroska said:

A nice quad-lamped Sedan that I used to love as a kid - had a brochure when I was like 4 or 5. Sadly almost every single one of these are scrapped, and their CR's are used to run Bighorns. 

15 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Maybe I ShoUld ZUlu or maybe I should ASK Again?

Either Gummybr or matroska can proceed giving the next trivia.

It's Isuzu Aska first gen, also known as Chevrolet JJ, Chevrolet Aska, Holden Aska. 

image.png.61b82186086417ec9bf83d89fdac6693.png

Edited by harshansenadhir

Ok then here you go, an example can be found in one of the classifieds in Sri Lanka. Dont think there are many around. 

Without the designer of this car (which was secretly developed this brand would have gone kaput.

Triv01.jpg

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Without the designer of this car (which was secretly developed this brand would have gone kaput.

The visual clue was a bit confusing but this probably was the best clue. Ludwig Kraus would be the designer - and the parent company he saved was later involved in a massive emissions scandal in the previous decade :) 

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

The visual clue was a bit confusing but this probably was the best clue. Ludwig Kraus would be the designer - and the parent company he saved was later involved in a massive emissions scandal in the previous decade :) 

Thats what the visual clue was to confuse. I just wanted to give some history. Looks like a very clean yet classical looking car with hints of its main rivals shown on the design (including the rear). On the back story it kinda seems similar to one of the main competing brands, which would have also gone bankrupt if it wasnt for one model that changed the tide.

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Anyone knows the answer? @matroska you want to do the honours and give the vehicle name and model?

Audi 100 LS. This particular one must be from US coz of the additional side markets on all 4 corners was a must according to US regulations. 

29 minutes ago, harshansenadhir said:

Audi 100 LS. This particular one must be from US coz of the additional side markets on all 4 corners was a must according to US regulations. 

Yes correct @harshansenadhir this was the best picture I could find of the rear angle I wanted. Interestingly the rear has similarities with the main rivals of BMW & Mercedes models. The rear lights specially would have confused people to thing of the BMW 5 series gen 1. Its a very clean classic yet beautiful design in my eyes.

audi_100_1968_images_3.jpg

photos_audi_100_1973_3.jpg

audi_100_1968_pictures_3.jpg

• Like 2