• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

1 hour ago, matroska said:

image.png.dae5faef14008ac23663b2122c569563.png

That has classic 80s boxy styling, but I think its a car that can confuse anyone specially the rear tail lights on the version that you have posted, has German styling to them I would say (considering it was built in Germany).

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

That has classic 80s boxy styling, but I think its a car that can confuse anyone specially the rear tail lights on the version that you have posted, has German styling to them I would say (considering it was built in Germany).

Well you seem to be onto it.... do we wait for someone else to have a go or?

14 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Since no one was willing to the gamble its a Ford Grenada Mk2, was also sold as a Hyundai Grenada

correct. over to you

image.png.52533cde674bed046397d66353fc1db8.png

Ok so then next one will be a bit different.

The car was originally built to run a ROTARY engine and later changed to a normal engine. A very beautiful car, was featured on the Motormag about 8 years ago. Very simple dashboard design. Forgot to mention that it had a 168hp GTi version as well.

Triv01.jpg

Triv02.jpg

Triv04.jpg

Triv03.jpg

Edited by Gummybr

56 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

ROTARY engine and later changed to a normal engine. A very beautiful car,

Oui Oui. Who else but a French car maker with a penchant for quirky cars and a focus on 'Creative Technologie' would come up with something like this? 

18 minutes ago, matroska said:

Oui Oui. Who else but a French car maker with a penchant for quirky cars and a focus on 'Creative Technologie' would come up with something like this? 

Quirky indeed, how the speedometer and rev counter? Doesnt get more weirder than that.

Also check out those speakers on the doors and the mirror controls.

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Ok so then next one will be a bit different.

The car was originally built to run a ROTARY engine and later changed to a normal engine. A very beautiful car, was featured on the Motormag about 8 years ago. Very simple dashboard design. Forgot to mention that it had a 168hp GTi version as well.

Triv01.jpg

Triv02.jpg

Triv04.jpg

Triv03.jpg

Know of only one in SL...is it still running ?

image.png.dff89062847e73e30a9296fd31ee409c.png

Edited by iRage

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

Know of only one in SL...is it still running ?

image.png.dff89062847e73e30a9296fd31ee409c.png

Well the Motormag article from 8 years ago shows a pristinely kept car belonging to the renown architect, so I assume its in running condition. And its a PALLAS on the ground. 

I remember in my old motormag collections there was a rusty old one for sale in the early 2000s, if memory serves right it was a station wagon. Should dig those old mags at home.

So I take it you and @matroska have cracked it. Should I give the answer?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Well the Motormag article from 8 years ago shows a pristinely kept car belonging to the renown architect, so I assume its in running condition.

This is the one I am talking about. Hopefully she still lives on

12 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Does anyone else want to take a crack at it before he gives out the answer ? @Duan27 ? @sathyajithj99 ?

Edited by iRage

16 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Well the Motormag article from 8 years ago shows a pristinely kept car belonging to the renown architect, so I assume its in running condition. And its a PALLAS on the ground. 

I remember in my old motormag collections there was a rusty old one for sale in the early 2000s, if memory serves right it was a station wagon. Should dig those old mags at home.

That's a great clue for Citroen CX, one of my mate's father has had one, he said he got it from the Mahawali project.

It was running at some point early 2000’s and later heard it was parked at home but lost contact since.

I heard it was super comfortable.

Regards,

JC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duan27 said:

Citroen CX?

Quirky French manufacturer: Citroen

Airline Code for Cathay Pacific: CX

Considered the last great big Citroen, they built something aerodynamic when everyone else were making boxy cars. The MOTORMAG article was about arct. Aquila Peiris's Citroen which was / is a CX Pallas Automatic.

https://www.classix.se/sold-cars/161-citroen-cx-2400-pallas-p-o-r

https://online.fliphtml5.com/rrhy/luuf/#p=54

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 10:35 PM, Duan27 said:

Citroen CX?

Absolutely correct! 

16 minutes ago, Duan27 said:

I assume either one of y’all will be taking the turn next then,

I'm sure both iRage and I never mentioned the name 😉 so it's you who got the answer. The floor is yours. 

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Absolutely correct! 

I'm sure both iRage and I never mentioned the name 😉 so it's you who got the answer. The floor is yours. 

Alright then! 😁

IMG_0142.jpeg.20cf2a59b6e59b624284326a4d4a7cdc.jpeg

I’ve seen a couple of these on classifieds recently. Somewhat of a polarizing design, but I think it grew on me & I do quite like the unique styling.

This model is the brand’s first venture of this particular body style in the USA. It’s apparently named after a group of islands in Italy renowned for glass making.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duan27 said:

Alright then! 😁

IMG_0142.jpeg.20cf2a59b6e59b624284326a4d4a7cdc.jpeg

I’ve seen a couple of these on classifieds recently. Somewhat of a polarizing design, but I think it grew on me & I do quite like the unique styling.

This model is the brand’s first venture of this particular body style in the USA. It’s apparently named after a group of islands in Italy renowned for glass making.

Nissan Murano

• Like 2

Built on a truck platform specially for the Asian and Oceania markets to compete with the others who made truck based SUV's like the Hilux Surf and Nissan Terrano / Pathfinder of old.

Didnt have much success in Sri Lanka. Let me in on something about these vehicles, there are 4 bullet proof versions of this model (but previous gen) which you will not be able to distinguish at all even if they were next to you.

20 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

post12543.jpg

9 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Built on a truck platform specially for the Asian and Oceania markets to compete with the others who made truck based SUV's like the Hilux Surf and Nissan Terrano / Pathfinder of old.

Didnt have much success in Sri Lanka. Let me in on something about these vehicles, there are 4 bullet proof versions of this model (but previous gen) which you will not be able to distinguish at all even if they were next to you.

Ford Everest?

18 hours ago, Gummybr said:

9 hours ago, Duan27 said:

Ford Everest?

@Duan27 you gave the answer first. But @Gummybr recognized it first. If @Gummybr is willing @Duan27can take the turn.

post12543.jpg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

@Duan27 you gave the answer first. But @Gummybr recognized it first. If @Gummybr is willing @Duan27can take the turn.

post12543.jpg

@Duan27 take the floor as I did not give the answer

Forgot to mention the bullet proof vehicles I mentioned are vehicles in Sri Lanka. 

Edited by Gummybr

13 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

post12543.jpg

7 hours ago, Gummybr said:

@Duan27 take the floor as I did not give the answer

Forgot to mention the bullet proof vehicles I mentioned are vehicles in Sri Lanka. 

Here you go then !IMG_0224.jpeg.04c1408acf442a4fb5b80c887108ec2e.jpeg

I’ve seen a handful of these here and there, and I must say I actually find the styling to be pretty nice and an overall improvement compared to the previous gen. But in terms of sales and availability in SL, the previous gen outnumbers this new one by a pretty huge margin if I’m not mistaken.