• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

10 hours ago, john cooper said:

Guys, can I take a turn??

Found this sweet fruit and thought of testing this here.

The vehicle is from one of the Famous manufacturers and they were famous for producing budget friendly cars but the majority of them had quality issues big time and hardly any of them were on the road. lol 

IMG_5226.png

Ooh.. oooh... it's one of those Chery sub-brands that sound like a commode or mode or something...

EDIT Omoda C5

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, iRage said:

Ooh.. oooh... it's one of those Chery sub-brands that sound like a commode or mode or something...

EDIT Omoda C5

Goddamit, that didn't even last for a few days 😂

It is the Cherry Omoda C5

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2024 at 5:56 PM, john cooper said:

Goddamit, that didn't even last for a few days 😂

It is the Cherry Omoda C5

But you can see how it sounds like "commode" right?

Here is the next one:

image.png.cfd1563818cfacbab29536714dba720a.png

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Outcomes of a bottle cap manufacturer getting into making tin cans on wheels :)

CX-5 ?

Yes. Correct 

Take your turn

Saw a 2018 Skyactiv Diesel one advertised for 22.5 million 

By the way my favourite mid size crossover 

2018-Mazda-CX5_B3_o.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99

16 minutes ago, amsandun said:

1979 Cadillac Seville

No 😕

The brand is quite popular in Europe and Asia for its more economical cars. Several models of the past are cult classics. The brand decided to ditch all types of sedans, hatches, and wagons in certain markets and focus strictly on everything else. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Should be a Ford with a Victorian Crown

YES ! Well...no but will take it....

To be more specific, it is a Ford LTD Crown Victoria. In essence, it is the Ford LTD in its highest trim level, Crown Victoria. The Crown Victoria did not become its own model (the one popularized by US law enforcement) until 1992. Before that, Crown Victoria was a trim level (highest) used by Ford, notably the Ford Fairlane in the 1950s and later revived (briefly in the early/mid-80s) in the Ford LTD.

image.png.a0f4eeebf6d4340aebd206fce262b8eb.png

2 hours ago, iRage said:

YES ! Well...no but will take it....

To be more specific, it is a Ford LTD Crown Victoria. In essence, it is the Ford LTD in its highest trim level, Crown Victoria. The Crown Victoria did not become its own model (the one popularized by US law enforcement) until 1992. Before that, Crown Victoria was a trim level (highest) used by Ford, notably the Ford Fairlane in the 1950s and later revived (briefly in the early/mid-80s) in the Ford LTD.

image.png.a0f4eeebf6d4340aebd206fce262b8eb.png

I guessed right it was a funeral coach, if not where do we find these cars?

There was something I wanted to post last week but I want to first make sure it is the model that I thought it was first. So for a change something easier. A model with a 10 year life in its market.

Triv 010.jpeg

Triv 001.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

There was something I wanted to post last week but I want to first make sure it is the model that I thought it was first. So for a change something easier. A model with a 10 year life in its market.

Triv 010.jpeg

Triv 001.jpeg

in algebra x can denote any number. for a while it seemed that x=2. Then they decided to leave x as a mystery. I'm not sure how many MARKs we will get for getting the answer right.  

BTW it's a shame they dropped the name of the beer down the line ... 

image.png.2000a08500ef0db6a8e47d56e2b63836.png

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, matroska said:

in algebra x can denote any number. for a while it seemed that x=2. Then they decided to leave x as a mystery. I'm not sure how many MARKs we will get for getting the answer right.  

BTW it's a shame they dropped the name of the beer down the line ... 

image.png.2000a08500ef0db6a8e47d56e2b63836.png

Am sure you will get full marks. Want to go ahead with the next one?

On 8/12/2024 at 7:13 PM, Gummybr said:

A model with a 10 year life in its market.

Actually...underneath it all it was a car with a life span starting from 2004. Yes..the 130 series was fully based on the 120 series with very minimal updates. This was also the reason for its demise...the Mark X shared quite a lot with the Lexus IS and Crown. Whilst those cars got newer drive trains, got hybridadized and went through multiple model cycles..the Mark X just remained the same. It just looked like a mundane RWD Camry.

On 8/12/2024 at 9:10 PM, matroska said:

Then they decided to leave x as a mystery.

Actually, this is a misrepresentation conjured up by non-Japanese media (partly to be blamed by poor Japanese translation). The X symbolizes the "unknown". Therefore, it was to be a car for the unknown thus a car for the future generation (which is unknown). So X is not "a" mystery. The X is "FOR" mystery. 

I suppose they finally figured out the future generation and thus decided to kill it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Temperatures

Funny story....if a Japanese person was to say this name it would sound more like a Japanese food type that is deep fried and has a crispy light batter :)  

• Haha 2