• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Yeyy, fixed it :D had to youtube "How to remove the Osram bulb BOX" first :P

now have to wait till the night... i can see a whiter look a bit now :D

Make sure you align them properly :)

Make sure you align them properly :)

How to align? and what is a proper alignment...?

ok so the first time i fixed it and switched on the lights, i figured that the beam from the left light is higher than the right light, so i took of the right light and turned it one slot from where it was (dropped one pin a slot down) and fixed it and when switched on again, the beams were the same.... now is this what you call alignment?

and how am i supposed to know the correct alignment? like the bulb is like 3 pin, and which pin fits which slot in the holder, how to figure this out? (because any pin can fit any holder slot) :)

How to align? and what is a proper alignment...?

ok so the first time i fixed it and switched on the lights, i figured that the beam from the left light is higher than the right light, so i took of the right light and turned it one slot from where it was (dropped one pin a slot down) and fixed it and when switched on again, the beams were the same.... now is this what you call alignment?

and how am i supposed to know the correct alignment? like the bulb is like 3 pin, and which pin fits which slot in the holder, how to figure this out? (because any pin can fit any holder slot) :)

Is this the first time you are meddling with car headlight bulbs? :P

To align the bulb you dont have to take it out.. you will find alignment screws somewhere near your headlight

This is how they look

599679d1314298854-list-diys-your-car-pic

and most of the time they are in between those holes

g3_headlight_adjust.jpg

you can adjust them with a flat screw driver, if you are not sure where it is try putting the screw driver into those holes, if the alignment screw is there the screw driver will fit in as if it has got fit on to a nail.

Sometimes you will need to apply some pressure to turn the screws

Its best you start with the vertical alignment

you will need to align it and go for a drive to check if its fine

Is this the first time you are meddling with car headlight bulbs? :P

To align the bulb you dont have to take it out.. you will find alignment screws somewhere near your headlight

This is how they look

599679d1314298854-list-diys-your-car-pic

and most of the time they are in between those holes

g3_headlight_adjust.jpg

you can adjust them with a flat screw driver, if you are not sure where it is try putting the screw driver into those holes, if the alignment screw is there the screw driver will fit in as if it has got fit on to a nail.

Sometimes you will need to apply some pressure to turn the screws

Its best you start with the vertical alignment

you will need to align it and go for a drive to check if its fine

Ok so if my previous bulb set's alignment was alright, how can they newly added bulb's alignment change when it is just plug and play?

Holes are there but nothing to screw on.... I mean the holes end in the air itself...

And yes first time :D

Edited by PreseaLover

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PreseaLover" data-cid="281454" data-time="1439633016"><p>

<br />

Ok so if my previous bulb set's alignment was alright, how can they newly added bulb's alignment change when it is just plug and play?<br />

Holes are there but nothing to screw on.... I mean the holes end in the air itself...<br />

And yes first time :D</p></blockquote>

Alignment changes when you change the bulbs, look for that screw on your headlight then....it's pretty easy to find

• Like 1

Alright so the test is completed... And I'm impressed with the results, cuz it is brighter than the previous bulbs... :) Had a test ride too around the area and yes its worth it....

Here is a pic of our lane (couldn't off those far away lights, cuz there is a sick dog living near that house and hesitant to go there, so switched off only the one infront of my house)

pHmJ918.jpg

And here we go with the night breakers!!!

44cerWb.jpg

And the front look, note that I did not replace the fogs yet (but removed the fogs and cleaned it)

EESJUK0.jpg

So do you guys think this is bright enough?

There is a colour difference between the parking lights and the headlights now right... do you think I should replace the parking lights with LED's?

I now wish I could have bought the White Vision version of the bulbs.... hmmm...

Btw I didn't align the bulbs... should I?

Edited by PreseaLover

Your left light is way higher than the right one. People will probably flash their lights at if you have it that way

Nope I stopped the car and went back around 30-50 meters to see if there is a difference and I don't see it... then I went to another road and checked the beams and there is no difference... its the angle of the pic I have taken maybe make it looks like its higher... here is another pic...

The lower beam

c9kELwj.jpg

The higher beam

1mQ2iWy.jpg

• Like 1

There is a colour difference between the parking lights and the headlights now right... do you think I should replace the parking lights with LED's?

I now wish I could have bought the White Vision version of the bulbs.... hmmm...

What is the white vision version?

Well this had come in today

fa0umc.jpg

I ordered the same two H4 bulbs for my Lancer and they are really good than the stock Philips bulbs. The high beam is whiter and brighter where as the low beam is yellowish and still lights things up way better than stock bulb.

I bought for 24 USD and took a damn one month to arrive to this remote city called Colombo. :)

I think this bulbs have a lesser lifespan than stock bulbs (It was there in the comparison chart in the cover)

I ordered the same two H4 bulbs for my Lancer and they are really good than the stock Philips bulbs. The high beam is whiter and brighter where as the low beam is yellowish and still lights things up way better than stock bulb.

I bought for 24 USD and took a damn one month to arrive to this remote city called Colombo. :)

I think this bulbs have a lesser lifespan than stock bulbs (It was there in the comparison chart in the cover)

Yes they claim to have shorter lives, but I've used the lineage for quite a while now, and they still have not failed, Magnum can vouch for that as well.

Edited by tiv

Machan Is it only for me, I dont see the light on the road? I mean it looks sorta dim in the pic of the car lighted also.the two walls are lit up. But I dont see the road lit up. see TIVs pic, u can see that the road right in front of the vehicle is lit. Maybe u need to align em.cheers

EDIT- I think u need to lower the light, towards the road. Even in the alto its the same, it has a smal switch, when u put it to 5 the light is lifted up. That way the whole area is lighted,but its aimed at mid air, when u put it to 0 the light is really lowered to the road, the best setting is 3 and 4. That way it lights up both road and surroundings.thnx

Edited by fiat fan
  • Like 1

Alright so the test is completed... And I'm impressed with the results, cuz it is brighter than the previous bulbs... :) Had a test ride too around the area and yes its worth it....

Here is a pic of our lane (couldn't off those far away lights, cuz there is a sick dog living near that house and hesitant to go there, so switched off only the one infront of my house)

pHmJ918.jpg

And here we go with the night breakers!!!

44cerWb.jpg

And the front look, note that I did not replace the fogs yet (but removed the fogs and cleaned it)

EESJUK0.jpg

So do you guys think this is bright enough?

Btw I didn't align the bulbs... should I?

Yes you do have alignment issues, get them sorted, or its going to be a b***h in traffic when everyone starts to show your their full beams, including 3 wheelers with their new led headlight retrofit whatever.

• Like 1

Machan Is it only for me, I dont see the light on the road? I mean it looks sorta dim in the pic of the car lighted also.the two walls are lit up. But I dont see the road lit up. see TIVs pic, u can see that the road right in front of the vehicle is lit. Maybe u need to align em.cheers
Yes you do have alignment issues, get them sorted, or its going to be a b***h in traffic when everyone starts to show your their full beams, including 3 wheelers with their new led headlight retrofit whatever.

Ohhh ok, thanks guys, I will get them aligned :)

I got the nightbreakers fixed quite some time ago. Didn't notice much of a difference though. It did look very bright and exciting when lit in a totally dark place, but when driving at night along the colombo roads, it wasn't a huge improvement. I have done headlight cleaning as well.

tiv's fogs are looking great. Might get them. Thanks mate for the pics

Edited by NPP

EDIT- I think u need to lower the light, towards the road. Even in the alto its the same, it has a smal switch, when u put it to 5 the light is lifted up. That way the whole area is lighted,but its aimed at mid air, when u put it to 0 the light is really lowered to the road, the best setting is 3 and 4. That way it lights up both road and surroundings.thnx

Your lights are probably H4,it's better you take them out and check. On some vehicles you can see the bulb type marking by looking through the lens

I got the nightbreakers fixed quite some time ago. Didn't notice much of a difference though. It did look very bright and exciting when lit in a totally dark place, but when driving at night along the colombo roads, it wasn't a huge improvement. I have done headlight cleaning as well.

Maybe you don't notice it but Nightbreakers throw the light beams quite far!

When i bought my current car i found out that the previous owner has used 100/90w bulbs but the headlights were designed for 55/60w, so i immediately replaced them with night breakers. Overall i think that the night breakers output matches the brightness of a standard 100/90w bulb and it has less yellow tint (i think around 3800k temperature range). The high beam however has a slight bluish tint to it than the low beam (H4 bulb).

But the most impressive part for me was the control and the focus of the light, the upper limit is clearly defined and it does not spread everywhere.

Would recommend night breakers if HID's are not an option. Philips extreme vision is also pretty good, but is more expensive and IMO did not notice a massive difference the justify the additional cost.

Guys can I fix night breakers into the Alto? Whats the bulb type It has?

Yes you can, you probably have H4 bulbs.

Open your bonnet and check the top of the headlight which should have the bulb type marked (H4, HB5, etc) and then make sure to buy the correct type of bulb with the correct wattage (yours probably is 55/60w )

This seems to be a good option for GPS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281640837314?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D281640837314%26_rdc%3D1$_12.JPG

I think it comes with built in Navitel maps like those Chinese set ups, they work very well to be honest.

cuz it has wifi you could probably use Google maps

• Like 1

This seems to be a good option for GPS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281640837314?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=281640837314&_rdc=1[img=http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/Lq8AAOxy2CZTagMr/$_12.JPG]

I think it comes with built in Navitel maps like those Chinese set ups, they work very well to be honest.

cuz it has wifi you could probably use Google maps

You can't import any device that has wifi or GPS without TRC approval.

You can't import any device that has wifi or GPS without TRC approval.

What will happen if i get it down here to Aussie and bring it with me when im coming there? Will there be an issue at the SL airport?