• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A New Way Of Cheating At Fuel Sheds In Sl !!

Chathurike

Does anyone know if the pumps themselves can be calibrated to show false fuel figures?

'Big_D',

Srilankans find some method of cheating general public by adjusting meters This giving less petrol what is not on the reading was there in our country from the time petrol meters were fitted. Even there are methods to cheat with electronic meters.

First to cheat Was CTB bus conductors with imported Ticket issuing machine fixing a pin. Then most household meters of CEB are adjusted to give a low reading by meter reader adjusters. What about supper markets they will some times give few coins less all most all super markets this had happened to me.Yesterday at a leading supper market on galle road Colombo 03 they gave me 1 Rupee less when I checked the balance I fond out same.

WE have to be careful in every transaction what we do with others if not at the end we are the losers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

I'm glad I stumbled across this post. This happened to me about a year and a half ago at the Dematagoda shed at the corner of the panchikawatta turn off, right where the bridge ends. I normally always watch the pump no matter where I pump fuel, and my vehicle being a van, the fuel inlet is just behind the front door. On this unfortunate day I was distracted by a conversation I was having with a mate, and took my eyes off the pump to take out my wallet and pull out a 1000 note (I usually have the money in hand before the pump starts). By the time I turn back, the meter is reading 1000, and I felt a disturbance in the force. The time elapsed was simply not enough to reach 1000 rupees worth. My mate didn't notice anything either, so we just buggered off. The whole incident left a bitter taste in my mouth, and now I only pump from ethul kotte (next to the clinic), jubilee post or the LAUGFS on the kaduwela road.

You know whats worse than these shed people? The government drivers that fill up the company vehicle then fill up plastic cans in the trunk. All on our tax dimes. Can't tell you how many times I've seen this happen.

Well JD to add to this once i rented a car from a car rental joint. and the owner said the car that i choose is having a full tank of petrol and i would have to pay for that too. i was like 'doh' who pumps full tank when they return a car to the rental? he said a senior cop took it before me and returned the car with a full tank and asked the rental owner to reduce the rental fees. you get some fantastic MF's in these government offices.

'Big_D',

Srilankans find some method of cheating general public by adjusting meters This giving less petrol what is not on the reading was there in our country from the time petrol meters were fitted. Even there are methods to cheat with electronic meters.

First to cheat Was CTB bus conductors with imported Ticket issuing machine fixing a pin. Then most household meters of CEB are adjusted to give a low reading by meter reader adjusters. What about supper markets they will some times give few coins less all most all super markets this had happened to me.Yesterday at a leading supper market on galle road Colombo 03 they gave me 1 Rupee less when I checked the balance I fond out same.

WE have to be careful in every transaction what we do with others if not at the end we are the losers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks sir, for the history lesson :D

Edited by shanX

Yeah I prefer getting down and standing by the tank as its filled up too. Not so much as for foul play, but I normally go for a full tank all the time, and some of these fellows just let it overflow and the diesel dripping along the side kinda messed up the plastic of the wheel arches etc. (not to mention i'm still paying for the diesel on the ground)

Maybe some people think its beneath them to get down and at a petrol shed but you can never be sure.

OP: though do note that sometimes if you're pumping a fixed value of say 2000 the pump kinda cuts off around 1300 and starts pumping slower in a stop-go motion so that it wont exceed 2000. but yeah, knowing our sri lankans its quite possible that they did what you saw.

Yup, the best thing to do.

same thing happened to me twice.There is a fuel station near kotte junction.not the one in jubilee post junction,after u pass it n go towards kotte ,the next one u meet.Its in the right hand side.bloody pigs do dis everytime.Guys in that area be careful.

Ahhh you mean the one you mean the one after pita-kotte junction right ? Ahhhh those guys have been crooks for may years, no one who has lived in kotte for sometime even thinks about going there. Sometime ago (about 4 year ago actually )they tried to pull a little stunt and got caught. The two guys actually pumped about half of what we ordered and pulled out the pump from the tank and put it into a can they had in hand thinking we wont notice. It was night time so no cars were behind either, luckily my dad noticed there was no pumping sound and caught them red handed. We didnt want any trouble since these are hometown guys so we just payed the damn amount and went. I still see the same bunch of guys working there.

Edited by The Stig

why are they the thugga types?

so did you have to pay for the fuel that was stolen by them too

dammm cheaters

Ahhh you mean the one you mean the one after pita-kotte junction right ? Ahhhh those guys have been crooks for may years, no one who has lived in kotte for sometime even thinks about going there. Sometime ago (about 4 year ago actually )they tried to pull a little stunt and got caught. The two guys actually pumped about half of what we ordered and pulled out the pump from the tank and put it into a can they had in hand thinking we wont notice. It was night time so no cars were behind either, luckily my dad noticed there was no pumping sound and caught them red handed. We didnt want any trouble since these are hometown guys so we just payed the damn amount and went. I still see the same bunch of guys working there.

Members,

Petrol station near Colombo south hospital on the same side my son in law told me yesterday that he always pumps Rupees 3500.00 when the meter reads 1/4 tank, then one day he has filled the tank he was requested by the pump attendant to take the car up so that another car can use the same pump as there were few cars behind, when he got the Credit card slip that was printed with rupees 4500.00 he had told to pump only rupees 3500.00 and the meter reading was 3500.00 Rupees.Then immediately pump attendant has returned 1000.00 Rupee note informing him as a mistake by the cashier. Because one other day he had the same issue in that pumping station printing on the Credit card slip as 4500.00 and he had to get down and go back to the pump to get the reading history as soon as he got down the pump attendant who filled had gone hiding.Cashier returned the balance.All pumping station attendants in all petrol pumping stations find some way to cheat customers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Why on earth did you do that? If you saw him pump into the can you should have gotten him to empty what was in the can into your tank as technically you paid for it!

why are they the thugga types?

so did you have to pay for the fuel that was stolen by them too

dammm cheaters

Why on earth did you do that? If you saw him pump into the can you should have gotten him to empty what was in the can into your tank as technically you paid for it!

Okay you guys missed the part where i said these guys are hometown boys, they even know where we live.

I dont know about you but i dont want to get stabbed in the middle of the road for an argument that started because of a lousy 500 bucks !

• Like 1

First of all I would like to ask are u sure that the previous guy wanted to pump petrol for Rs. 2000/=??? and then I would like to mention as a daily user of this petrol shed I'm so sure that this kind of a thing is not happening there. I'm telling you this as there are two supervisors and one manager to look after the procedure and the work done by the pumpers. There are notices hanging on every Meter telling to collect the bill as u pumped your tank. I have seen many of the people don't even bother to collect it... There are telephone numbers to make complaints if anything like this happened... I think u have been misled or u have posted this to give a bad name for the place... because it's not even 1 year even yet this place has been opened many people from far away come to this place to pump petrol to their vehicles (I know personally and I was so surprised when I heard them). It's just because they know this is not like other places. Many people today at the petrol shed were telling that they got text messages mentioning about this and when then I got to know about this post. so this is confirmed that this is to give a bad name to ##### fuel station (if not why this text messages and all). I don't have any connection with anyone there, but i'm posting this as I was so annoyed to see this as I know it's a treasure to the area. It was something we always needed. I'm asking if u really saw something like this happened why didn't u tell it to that guy? why didn't u atleast talked to the manager and make a complaint? U seems like very worried about others, so u could have atleast get the telephone number and make a complaint...

First of all I would like to ask are u sure that the previous guy wanted to pump petrol for Rs. 2000/=??? and then I would like to mention as a daily user of this petrol shed I'm so sure that this kind of a thing is not happening there. I'm telling you this as there are two supervisors and one manager to look after the procedure and the work done by the pumpers. There are notices hanging on every Meter telling to collect the bill as u pumped your tank. I have seen many of the people don't even bother to collect it... There are telephone numbers to make complaints if anything like this happened... I think u have been misled or u have posted this to give a bad name for the place... because it's not even 1 year even yet this place has been opened many people from far away come to this place to pump petrol to their vehicles (I know personally and I was so surprised when I heard them). It's just because they know this is not like other places. Many people today at the petrol shed were telling that they got text messages mentioning about this and when then I got to know about this post. so this is confirmed that this is to give a bad name to ##### fuel station (if not why this text messages and all). I don't have any connection with anyone there, but i'm posting this as I was so annoyed to see this as I know it's a treasure to the area. It was something we always needed. I'm asking if u really saw something like this happened why didn't u tell it to that guy? why didn't u atleast talked to the manager and make a complaint? U seems like very worried about others, so u could have atleast get the telephone number and make a complaint...

Looks like bmw owns this place or works for it or has shares.

Edited by MADZ

First of all I would like to ask are u sure that the previous guy wanted to pump petrol for Rs. 2000/=??? and then I would like to mention as a daily user of this petrol shed I'm so sure that this kind of a thing is not happening there. I'm telling you this as there are two supervisors and one manager to look after the procedure and the work done by the pumpers. There are notices hanging on every Meter telling to collect the bill as u pumped your tank. I have seen many of the people don't even bother to collect it... There are telephone numbers to make complaints if anything like this happened... I think u have been misled or u have posted this to give a bad name for the place... because it's not even 1 year even yet this place has been opened many people from far away come to this place to pump petrol to their vehicles (I know personally and I was so surprised when I heard them). It's just because they know this is not like other places. Many people today at the petrol shed were telling that they got text messages mentioning about this and when then I got to know about this post. so this is confirmed that this is to give a bad name to #### fuel station (if not why this text messages and all). I don't have any connection with anyone there, but i'm posting this as I was so annoyed to see this as I know it's a treasure to the area. It was something we always needed. I'm asking if u really saw something like this happened why didn't u tell it to that guy? why didn't u atleast talked to the manager and make a complaint? U seems like very worried about others, so u could have atleast get the telephone number and make a complaint...

So are you going to tell us that all the people working in this shed are honest and hard working?

What a bunch of b.s.

"many people from far away come to this place to pump petrol."

Lol. Do they come all the way from Jaffna too?

Sorry OP hurt your business by exposing a little con game. While I think the owners are not trying to rip people off, I would not be surprised if the workers are trying to make a few bucks on the side.

First of all I would like to ask are u sure that the previous guy wanted to pump petrol for Rs. 2000/=??? and then I would like to mention as a daily user of this petrol shed I'm so sure that this kind of a thing is not happening there. I'm telling you this as there are two supervisors and one manager to look after the procedure and the work done by the pumpers. There are notices hanging on every Meter telling to collect the bill as u pumped your tank. I have seen many of the people don't even bother to collect it... There are telephone numbers to make complaints if anything like this happened... I think u have been misled or u have posted this to give a bad name for the place... because it's not even 1 year even yet this place has been opened many people from far away come to this place to pump petrol to their vehicles (I know personally and I was so surprised when I heard them). It's just because they know this is not like other places. Many people today at the petrol shed were telling that they got text messages mentioning about this and when then I got to know about this post. so this is confirmed that this is to give a bad name to #### fuel station (if not why this text messages and all). I don't have any connection with anyone there, but i'm posting this as I was so annoyed to see this as I know it's a treasure to the area. It was something we always needed. I'm asking if u really saw something like this happened why didn't u tell it to that guy? why didn't u atleast talked to the manager and make a complaint? U seems like very worried about others, so u could have atleast get the telephone number and make a complaint...

i have mentioned that i got this status from FB and i knw him very well

U bothered to be a AL member & comment on behalf of a shed that you have no connection? What I can't figure out is ,are they too good or you are too good ? Ane manda!!!! :action-smiley-060:

Well now you know, you can go tell your friend the owner of this place and tell him to do some house cleaning... :)

Dont shoot the messenger.

So are you going to tell us that all the people working in this shed are honest and hard working?

What a bunch of b.s.

Lol. Do they come all the way from Jaffna too?

Sorry OP hurt your business by exposing a little con game. While I think the owners are not trying to rip people off, I would not be surprised if the workers are trying to make a few bucks on the side.

jdnet and all,

This quote proves that even the person who has put up the comment is from kandy(chathurike).why a person from kandy is so bother about a petrol shed far away from kandy.Please don't make silly comments like people coming from jaffna and fill up petrol from piliyandala.You first review the comment, then see the person who has comment and see where is he from.Then you will realize that, even people who are from kandy are bothered about the petrol sheds at piliyandala.The main problem is chathurike is so fond of other peoples messages and problems.This thing has not happened to chathurike but to his friend and he has put up the post like he has pumped petrol from that particular shed.

If there was a problem at the particular shed chathurike's friend could have complain at that time,because there are supervisors all the time. He has just come out without complaining.Why is that?

if chathurike's friend or chathurike has a problem with the particular shed at piliyandala, you can sort it out with them.Why don't you all mind your own business, other than commenting on other people's problems and trying to solve their problems from far away like kandy etc.

Edited by Shammika