• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Old Cars In Highway

rameez

you kidding me bro that is 176KMPH for a 70s car........ :sport-smiley-004: how was the feel of it......what is the engine capacity of it......i must take my lancer as well...cannot wait to test it.....when was this anyway.....???

You really should read up on the Benz 300SEL 6.3 and the 450SEL 6.9.

thanx...

w115's range from 250k all the way to 2mil.. it all depends on the condition.. in terms of maintainance its pretty much the same.. mechanical parts are not an issue at all as its shares 90% of the parts with w123/124/126 models.. even used parts are available... however its the cosmetic bits that are really hard to find.. unless you have very deep pockets and dont mind the price.. the most difficult would be the rubber beadings, a dash with no damage and interior bits...

both my cars are driven on a daily basis and is extremely reliable..

drove down to una over the weekend.. loved it.. only issue my speedo cable was not functioning and i didnt know how fast i was going till i got to the exit in 40 mins flats.. averaging 147kph..wasnt my intention but you cant blame me as you really dont feel the speed.. i thought i was surely getting a ticket as the cop kept looking at the car at the exit and started walking up to me when i was paying.. i was ready for the ticket till he came and started talking about the car and how old it was.. on the way back i made sure to slow down and averaged 110kph.. only thing i was driving back in the night and came across two 4DR5 Jeeps on separate occasions.. both of then didnt have a single light functioning at the back,, it was really scary as they seemed to just pop up in front of you without any warning as you dont see then from a distance.. other than that is was simply amazing..

Just FYI, there is one 300SEL 6.3 in SL... in a sad state though..

are you serious????? i never knew that there were any here.. do you happen to have pics and know the whereabouts of the car.. as long as the engine/gearbox and running bits could be saved i am interested.. i wonder if it could be fit in my car with a bit of work or would i need to find a w109 chassis... as long as there is enough space in the engine room in sure i could work around the other stuff..

my one is a stationwagon....and with regard to being steady i dont think it worst as a nano or maruti...........since this was a rally version during the 1970,s and seat belts are there.Have anyone of you seen a maruti in E01 by the way..........i assume they are allowed but noone takes it out there....as someone said the sri numbers are yet to come...but please keep me updated

Yes i seen lots of maruit's on E01

drove down to una over the weekend.. loved it.. only issue my speedo cable was not functioning and i didnt know how fast i was going till i got to the exit in 40 mins flats.. averaging 147kph..wasnt my intention but you cant blame me as you really dont feel the speed..

Get a GPS speedo ;) Now free on your Android phones.

are you serious????? i never knew that there were any here.. do you happen to have pics and know the whereabouts of the car.. as long as the engine/gearbox and running bits could be saved i am interested.. i wonder if it could be fit in my car with a bit of work or would i need to find a w109 chassis... as long as there is enough space in the engine room in sure i could work around the other stuff..

What about the air suspension? Can you swap in parts from a regular 109?

not very accurate innit ? :)

Depends. if you get a cheap as **** Chinese phone without a good GPS unit, maybe not. Its pretty good on mine. I haven't checked it while driving coz I like to keep my eyes on the road rather than gauges. The GPS is pretty accurate, it even tracked the bus around the parking lot, and I've tested it while walking around the office

Depends. if you get a cheap as **** Chinese phone without a good GPS unit, maybe not. Its pretty good on mine. I haven't checked it while driving coz I like to keep my eyes on the road rather than gauges. The GPS is pretty accurate, it even tracked the bus around the parking lot, and I've tested it while walking around the office

Well, I'm talking about the speed :)

My ex-Xperia :) used to give readings ± 5-10 Kmph compared to the value near the needle.

Edited by NRX

Well, I'm talking about the speed :)

My ex-Xperia :) used to give readings + or - 5-10 Kmph compared to the value near the needle.

Might depend on the software too.

My Xperia Pro seems ok. I was watching the night shuttle drivers speedo while going down the Japan Lanka Friendship road, he was doing around 60, and the indicated speed was around 60, and the max speed on that stretch showed as 60.30. Its not quite instant, like if you start accelerating it takes a second to update, or when you come to a complete stop it can take a second before showing 0, but its quite good.It might depend on weather the software can use it, but there is more than one sensor at work. It has an accelerometer too.

Besides, you have to keep in mind, the needle can be inaccurate depending on your tire changing history :)

Might depend on the software too.

My Xperia Pro seems ok. I was watching the night shuttle drivers speedo while going down the Japan Lanka Friendship road, he was doing around 60, and the indicated speed was around 60, and the max speed on that stretch showed as 60.30. Its not quite instant, like if you start accelerating it takes a second to update, or when you come to a complete stop it can take a second before showing 0, but its quite good.It might depend on weather the software can use it, but there is more than one sensor at work. It has an accelerometer too.

Besides, you have to keep in mind, the needle can be inaccurate depending on your tire changing history :)

Quite true, mine was an app called 'GPS Status'

btw, seems you got the pro after the delays and delays and delays :)

Quite true, mine was an app called 'GPS Status'

btw, seems you got the pro after the delays and delays and delays :)

I have that too, tho I didn't find a speedo there. I'm using something called My Tracks, it has a few more extra bells and whistles.

And yes, took some time, but I got the Pro a few months ago. Still no interesting options, tho the Droid 4 might be worth a look.

I use Ulysse Speedometer on my Android. It's pretty fkn accurate, like within a few meters, and the speedo function is dead on. You can set an over speed alarm, and there's a HUD feature so that you can keep it on your dashboard at night and have the phone's screen reflect on to your windscreen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HI ALL

Yesterday i went on Southern Express Highway.

I went 140 / Kmph in my Maruti.

that is the maximum speed in Maruti.

Superb Experience.

We dont believe you. You are lying. Please go do that again. This time take a photos with both your face and the speedometer clearly showing in the photo. Also make sure to be holding a A4 paper with both your hands with autolanka.com written on it, so that we know that its actually you. We will then give you a "well done bro!"..

We dont believe you. You are lying. Please go do that again. This time take a photos with both your face and the speedometer clearly showing in the photo. Also make sure to be holding a A4 paper with both your hands with autolanka.com written on it, so that we know that its actually you. We will then give you a "well done bro!"..

While giving a 2 thumbs up as well..

Hey look someone managed to snap a pic of azher in his car

cheeta-driving.jpg

• Like 1