• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan 300Zx Tt Project!

Komisiripala

thought this deserves a thread of itself.

well, those of you who know the Z history, know where this is from. i'm not gonna elaborate on that. all that matters is my mate bought it, and we are interested in restoring this beauty to the JDM spec that it was in the day it rolled off the production line!

photorsy.jpg

photo1xlv.jpg

1991 twin turbo 300ZX JDM spec. completely unmolested and in pristine shape. no aftermarket performance mods whatsoever. single owner, imported from australia. registered in 2004.

has some interesting features and additions:

HICAS 4 wheel steering

volk racing 17 inch rims running 235/45/17's

eibach suspension

the mechanicals seem to be in excellent shape. we're running it for a few days to see what gives. the radiator has been recently fixed, and it didn't heat up so far. turbos take a little time to spool up, but what a neck-snapping ride! modding this seems like a crime to us so we thought we'd keep the internals stock. at the most, a front mount and BOVs. nothing more.

the interior and exterior is showing signs of age due to long sun exposure. bubbles on the paint, faded leather cracks here and there. so we'll be fixing all that up. planning to:

completely re-do the paint. not changing color, tho.

maybe a decent front lip

re-upholster the interior, and leather up the gear knob, steering

replace all the broken plasticky bits: sourcing parts already

the exterior trim is missing. fairlady badges etc, so need those too.

in lieu of keeping things stock, the fugly spoiler-on-the-spoiler was removed. it really did look like a growth.

photo2pjp.jpg

and got a decent audio setup. the speaker mounts are tiny. 4" in the rear and 5" in the front. the original bose speakers were shot, sadly, so replaced with infinity components. put a much smaller blaupunkt sub in the trunk, with a neat no-nonsense head unit. might close up that antenna hole if we can't find the power antenna.

expect more soon! and to think his other ride is a 12 sri subaru rex!

• Like 7

Your mate might wanna get to know DevindaZ...it'll save him a whole lotta time and money...

btw out of curiosity if it's ok how much your friend pay for that car

I'd like to know too...this was offered to me dads a few months back for 2.5mil odd,but walked away in favour of a euro....dunno how much the asking price has changed since then.

Edited by MasterDon

Ade thought you said you'll gave uo the idea. Glad to see her in good hands

Out of curiosity, how many of these ladies do we have here?

Btw it's the red rex right?

Supra discussed this in a thread. Two TT's I believe. The other is with clement.

About 6 or so NA ones

well, those of you who know the Z history, know where this is from. i'm not gonna elaborate on that. all that matters is my mate bought it, and we are interested in restoring this beauty to the JDM spec that it was in the day it rolled off the production line!

photorsy.jpg

photo1xlv.jpg

1991 twin turbo 300ZX JDM spec. completely unmolested and in pristine shape. no aftermarket performance mods whatsoever. single owner, imported from australia. registered in 2004.

HICAS 4 wheel steering

eibach suspension

the mechanicals seem to be in excellent shape. we're running it for a few days to see what gives. the radiator has been recently fixed, and it didn't heat up so far. turbos take a little time to spool up, but what a neck-snapping ride! modding this seems like a crime to us so we thought we'd keep the internals stock. at the most, a front mount and BOVs. nothing more.

the interior and exterior is showing signs of age due to long sun exposure. bubbles on the paint, faded leather cracks here and there. so we'll be fixing all that up. planning to:

maybe a decent front lip

in lieu of keeping things stock, the fugly spoiler-on-the-spoiler was removed. it really did look like a growth.

photo2pjp.jpg

and got a decent audio setup. the speaker mounts are tiny. 4" in the rear and 5" in the front. the original bose speakers were shot, sadly, so replaced with infinity components. put a much smaller blaupunkt sub in the trunk, with a neat no-nonsense head unit. might close up that antenna hole if we can't find the power antenna.

Dont close it machan. Try & find something. atleast find a decent match for it

Your mate might wanna get to know DevindaZ...it'll save him a whole lotta time and money...

I'd like to know too...this was offered to me dads a few months back for 2.5mil odd,but walked away in favour of a euro....dunno how much the asking price has changed since then.

2.5mil for a 300ZX? :o

thats damn cheap!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Komi. One of my favourites from the 90s and happy to know it is in good hands. Btw, kuddos for getting rid of that spoiler. Are you guys planning on keeping the rear bumper kit? Im with others on keeping the power antena as well. Looking forward to see more on this thread.

Thanks for sharing Komi. One of my favourites from the 90s and happy to know it is in good hands. Btw, kuddos for getting rid of that spoiler. Are you guys planning on keeping the rear bumper kit? Im with others on keeping the power antena as well. Looking forward to see more on this thread.

More will follow! We've been thinking about the bumper kit. Like the diffuser but it's too bulky. It's a plastic kit from Aussie so a bit reluctant to chuck it away, but I'm sure our guys can do a less bulky diffuser.

Looking for a new set of 235/45/17's today. And tyres for my car too

Edited by Komisiripala

More will follow! We've been thinking about the bumper kit. Like the diffuser but it's too bulky. It's a plastic kit from Aussie so a bit reluctant to chuck it away, but I'm sure our guys can do a less bulky diffuser.

I thought it was a local kit. Any ways me thinks it looks quite bulky and ruins the looks but thats just my opinion. I thought you already got the Teg's wheels sorted.

I thought it was a local kit. Any ways me thinks it looks quite bulky and ruins the looks but thats just my opinion. I thought you already got the Teg's wheels sorted.

Yeah it is bulky. Agreed.

The teg is too high men. And my current set of tyres are worn out. I'm thinking of lowering her a couple of inches the proper way. Aftermarket struts and springs. Letting my garage guy have a look at it first. It'll be out soon. Will be updating that thread as soon as it is. Almost 40 teg less days now.

Got 245/45/17's for 15k a pop at the tyre place near Supun center. Chinese brand, but what the hey, it's not like she's a daily driver! The camber was badly out. -2.5 almost. Got it back to factory spec. Camber adjustments had rusted with neglect!

I wonder if you noticed that Avon tyres are being imported to SL at the moment and the prices seem to be quite reasonable at the moment. Some of the tyres are sourced from the UK and some from China. Might be worth a call. The add was in ##### about a month ago, hopefully featured again. Sadly don't have the number on me....

photorsy.jpg

photo1xlv.jpg

HICAS 4 wheel steering

eibach suspension

maybe a decent front lip

photo2pjp.jpg

this is @ Janith's Garage

• 1 month later...

Yup. Coming up. Gimme a day or two...

Just ran through an injector cleaning and manifold cleaning etc. also discovered it came with side mounted intercoolers.

Put in a turbo timer, and ordered a camber kit. That should arrive this week.

Services the HICAS and replaced some hoses. So it's mechanically sound now. Onwards to paint