• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premium Horn

cobraGT

Hi im new to the forum.i have a toyota axio luxel and want to install a good horn.does anyone know where to buy toyota premium horns?you guys are genius.tell me good type horn to install{sports horn}.Please dont get as a joke.thank you

Get one of those bosch horns fitted. not the chrome plated msd special. those black "bella" horns. you can get them brand new from most motor outlets. last time I bought a pair it was 2500. I've already fitted them to 3 of my vehicles. 1 brand new and 2 from a recon parts shop. all 3 sound slightly different. dont know if it has something to do with the car electrics. check the noise before you buy. either way its pretty classy and not irritating like those cheap chinese ones :)

• Like 2

+1 for the Bosch horns.

Yesterday I bought a bella horn for 2450/= bucks and it sounds like a BMW. Tomorrow planning to install it. Google for some BMW horn sounds, you will get some couple of videos. (phang sound)

If you don't like the tone, you need to move for the beep beep horn. Earlier I got a decent pair of that but as I heard those tend to be burn out sooner. That came from my previous owner, so cannot comment on the lifetime, but now its out.

@Jadey I think you are talking about the tone. Mine got 450Hz/ 550Hz dual, so the frequencies might differ in another set.

Edited by razordj
  • Like 1

i think your looking for those gombella horns

there is a made in Italy brand i used to buy. cost around 2500..

was really good and loud.. and didn't give any trouble.. but cant be found now :(

and used a bella set for my previous FB14.. that was very good too

will be available in modification parts shops everywhere

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 1

But those bella horns get affected by water dosen't they.

They were ruined during service, but installed another set

yep, it is possible to affect by water if installed facing upwards. i bought a pair for 1500 almost 2y back from darley rd and still holding up and no obvious change in the tone also!.

there is a made in Italy brand i used to buy. cost around 2500..

I guess the brand you're talking about is Stebel. It's made in italy and I bought a snail type ("bella") horn from Darley Road in 2009 and it's holding up pretty well. Easy to install, relay and everything is included in the package. Cost me only 1800 back in the day. If you install them correctly, the chances of water getting into them is very low.

More information on their website [Link]. You can even listen to how the horns sound like. :)

• Like 1

Had a set of Hella horns in my Defender, got them in 2007, held up well even after years of wading.. Cost about 3000 bucks then, if I recall right,

P1050543.JPG

The package was something like this, came with complete harness to plugin to existing loom..

Edited by tiv

I guess the brand you're talking about is Stebel. It's made in italy

yeap i think that's the brand, i remember it was something beginning with S

in my mind it was stobel..

thnx :)

i had the TM80 Magnum

Edited by Schiffer

I guess the brand you're talking about is Stebel. It's made in italy and I bought a snail type ("bella") horn from Darley Road in 2009 and it's holding up pretty well. Easy to install, relay and everything is included in the package. Cost me only 1800 back in the day. If you install them correctly, the chances of water getting into them is very low.

More information on their website [Link]. You can even listen to how the horns sound like. :)

i heard ur horn whn u blasted it on me at orugodawatta last week guess it was tuesday eve ! sounded pretty posh. tried 2 get ur attention but u were in a conversation.

i heard ur horn whn u blasted it on me at orugodawatta last week guess it was tuesday eve ! sounded pretty posh. tried 2 get ur attention but u were in a conversation.

whoops! at you?? :P I rarely blast it on anyone... did you swerve towards me or something?

whoops! at you?? :P I rarely blast it on anyone... did you swerve towards me or something?

yup tikak ;)

anyhow, the combination of me hearing ur horn that day and seeing this thread today ,have convinced me to fix a "bella" horn to my lancer !

• Like 1

yup tikak ;)

anyhow, the combination of me hearing ur horn that day and seeing this thread today ,have convinced me to fix a "bella" horn to my lancer !

lol. I seriously don't remember this happening... Anyway, glad something good came out of the incident! Peace! :)

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a troll I gotta ask this, Why they always come in pairs ? :)

Cos they are not identical.. they come in slight differences in frequency like 410Hz & 420Hz or 415Hz & 425Hz.. which is why when one of the horns give out the tone is either of a higher or lower pitch.

The principle behind is something to do with tones mixing to give a clearer note or something like that (sorry not too sure on details of it)...

• Like 4

Hi im new to the forum.i have a toyota axio luxel and want to install a good horn.does anyone know where to buy toyota premium horns?you guys are genius.tell me good type horn to install{sports horn}.Please dont get as a joke.thank you

Try Bosch Symphony, Fiamm or Hella. My personal preference is Bosch Symphony. They have a loud and clear tone and have been using them for 3 years :)

Edited by kelum_wj

• 1 year later...

Replying one year old thread,

I have just fixed Mitsuba Alpha (Made in Japan), it sounds very classy.

I got electronic horn controller unit (Mitsuba Arena MBW- 2E13R, made in Japan) and just tried fixing it with alpha horn to give fading effect; it really works but it is not that decent may be not fully compatible with Alpha horn unit!