• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Fiore Engine Vibrate When Releasing Clutch

LancerL

Question

Dear members,

I didn’t know whither this topic has discussed previously, I searched and I couldn’t find post similar to what I experience.

My issue is that when I put my car in to the gear and slightly releasing clutch it start vibrate the entire car like nothing, but it doesn’t drop the engine RPM as unusually. I observed this with on 1st to 3rd gears while driving.

If I want to avoid that I have to accelerate the car in to higher RPM which we do not do normally.

I would like to get some idea about the problem and please share your experience if someone faced the similar issue previously.

Thanks,

Edited by LancerL

24 answers to this question

Sounds to me like a slipping clutch. Does this happen all the time or especially when the car is under a bit of load (ex: trying to go uphill from a full stop)?

Every time even in flat road without other passengers too..

Every time even in flat road without other passengers too..

In that case, I would get the engine/gearbox mounts inspected as it could be because of one or more broken mounts as well. If the mounts are OK, I suspect it's still the clutch.

Friends, thank you very much for all the comments and ideas.

I also forgot to mention there are few bends and turns on the lane towards to my home, where I used to go on the 3rd gear on my previous car Lancer 1500CC where I feel very smooth turn. But in this (1400CC) I cannot get the same bend even on 2nd gear. It starts to knock and jump the car to get stop, so I have to push the clutch and accelerate bit more to get the car steady.

If the root cause is above mentioned clutch plate surface issue, is this situation also possible???

As I feel its acceleration and throttle response is ok when the car is on idle.

Friends, thank you very much for all the comments and ideas.

I also forgot to mention there are few bends and turns on the lane towards to my home, where I used to go on the 3rd gear on my previous car Lancer 1500CC where I feel very smooth turn. But in this (1400CC) I cannot get the same bend even on 2nd gear. It starts to knock and jump the car to get stop, so I have to push the clutch and accelerate bit more to get the car steady.

If the root cause is above mentioned clutch plate surface issue, is this situation also possible???

As I feel its acceleration and throttle response is ok when the car is on idle.

LancerL, it sounds like you have 2 different problems. Now you can't obviously expect the same performance from a 1400cc that you get from a 1500cc but it is possible that your fuel delivery system is in need of a clean and decarbonised (possibly being reconditioned with the original repair kit for your carburettor) and you need to check the usual like spark plugs HT leads etc and replace if necessary.

Does your car burn oil?

With regards to the clutch issue its almost certainly a warped pressure plate or a flywheel. You will have to get a mechanic to inspect it. We can all theorise but without removing the gearbox and exposing the clutch pressure plate and flywheel its impossible to offer a diagnosis.................

LancerL, it sounds like you have 2 different problems. Now you can't obviously expect the same performance from a 1400cc that you get from a 1500cc but it is possible that your fuel delivery system is in need of a clean and decarbonised (possibly being reconditioned with the original repair kit for your carburettor) and you need to check the usual like spark plugs HT leads etc and replace if necessary.

Does your car burn oil?

With regards to the clutch issue its almost certainly a warped pressure plate or a flywheel. You will have to get a mechanic to inspect it. We can all theorise but without removing the gearbox and exposing the clutch pressure plate and flywheel its impossible to offer a diagnosis.................

Dear Don, Thanks for your valued advice, I’m planning to inspect the fuel system and ignition system by this weekend. Will update the forum with the results.

I think its burning oil… a black smoke is coming when I take off the oil level rod from the sump while engine running.

Can you kindly tell me whither the car can knock and start jump due to warped pressure plate or a flywheel on a slow speed as I explained on my last post?

Thanks again

LancerL

Dear Don, Thanks for your valued advice, I’m planning to inspect the fuel system and ignition system by this weekend. Will update the forum with the results.

I think its burning oil… a black smoke is coming when I take off the oil level rod from the sump while engine running.

Can you kindly tell me whither the car can knock and start jump due to warped pressure plate or a flywheel on a slow speed as I explained on my last post?

Thanks again

LancerL

Well it could be that your clutch is worn and is slipping. The slipping might have caused the pressure plate to warp as well thanks to excessive heat and this might be causing the jerks (the clutch plate grips and loses grip). Now this is just a theory. You need to check the actual items to be sure.

If your car is burning oil, the car will be under compression and this will inevitably mean it is not producing as much power as it normally should. That would explain the loss of power which forces you to engage lower gears to get around.

• Like 1

Well it could be that your clutch is worn and is slipping. The slipping might have caused the pressure plate to warp as well thanks to excessive heat and this might be causing the jerks (the clutch plate grips and loses grip). Now this is just a theory. You need to check the actual items to be sure.

If your car is burning oil, the car will be under compression and this will inevitably mean it is not producing as much power as it normally should. That would explain the loss of power which forces you to engage lower gears to get around.

Thanks Don, got a clear idea about the situation.. will update what happen soon after I solve this matter.

Keep in touch.

LancerL

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve taken it to the garage last weekend. After the trail run by the mechanic, he said that theirs no problem with the mounts but there is a current break from coil to plugs!!!!

Ultimately he removed all 4 plugs, cleaned, fixed and asked me for a trail run… yah! It was quit smooth and that knocking and jumping was no more there with the 2nd gear too, but dashboard vibration was there and he said that is due to loosen bolts and will come another day to fix it, so I came home happily.

After that I couldn’t start or drive because I’m not coming to work by car. The nice part is that when I drive it again on the yesterday night to go elsewhere it again start knocking and jumping as happened before L but after running about 5km it was quite ok and when I’m coming back to home it was like 90% ok.

Guys, what can be the problem? Please share your advice.

Thanks

LancerL

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve taken it to the garage last weekend. After the trail run by the mechanic, he said that theirs no problem with the mounts but there is a current break from coil to plugs!!!!

Ultimately he removed all 4 plugs, cleaned, fixed and asked me for a trail run… yah! It was quit smooth and that knocking and jumping was no more there with the 2nd gear too, but dashboard vibration was there and he said that is due to loosen bolts and will come another day to fix it, so I came home happily.

After that I couldn’t start or drive because I’m not coming to work by car. The nice part is that when I drive it again on the yesterday night to go elsewhere it again start knocking and jumping as happened before L but after running about 5km it was quite ok and when I’m coming back to home it was like 90% ok.

Guys, what can be the problem? Please share your advice.

Thanks

LancerL

Ask a good mechanic to clean the injector jets and the carburettor and see if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

Ask a good mechanic to clean the injector jets and the carburettor and see if it makes a difference.

Done, pls ignore my negative Reputation, hence I it was a mistake by me while putting positive reputation.

After the trail run by the mechanic, he said that theirs no problem with the mounts but there is a current break from coil to plugs!!!!

Ultimately he removed all 4 plugs, cleaned, fixed and asked me for a trail run…

LancerL

I don't understand one thing here. If there is a break in current from the coil to plugs, did he check the coil pack and the HT leads? The problem could lie there. In fact this is a simple DIY.

http://autorepair.about.com/od/troubleshooting/ss/coiltest-manual.htm

Done, pls ignore my negative Reputation, hence I it was a mistake by me while putting positive reputation.

No worries. I actually had a similar issue in my car and once the engine came to standard operating temperature it went away. This can also be attributed to low compression (the engine being under compression) because at the early stages the issues are more apparent in lower rpms but goes away when the engine warms up.

Hahahaha, finally got the thing done...

The beauties part is that I’ve done it by my self!!!!!

What I’ve done initially.

1. Replaced all 4 spark plugs with some used but good ones which was with me.
  2. Did a full carb tune up by my self with balancing idle fuel screw.

Still it was giving the same issue :sad-smiley-050:

But I had a solid feeling that this can be due to electrical issue.

Lastly I found that my distributor has turned to a one corner and can be due to that.

Surfed internet and autolanka forum lot and found that most people have talked about vehicle knocking due to improper distributor alignment!

Actually it was not an easy thing, the correct way of doing this is using a tool called timing light. But what I’ve done was running several trails on our home lane while stopping and adjusting distributor to both sides.

Finally I got the middle point where engine was sooth and running at low RPM on 2nd gear without any knockings…

Done a plug cleanup again and tuned engine little more.

Actually it was very interesting project which I enjoyed my self a lot, as I feel we cannot get this self satisfaction from anything else.

Thank you very much for all the members who advised me in many ways with their experiences and thanks for autolanka to maintaining such a forum like this.

Cheers!!!

LancerL

• Like 3

Lastly I found that my distributor has turned to a one corner and can be due to that.

Surfed internet and autolanka forum lot and found that most people have talked about vehicle knocking due to improper distributor alignment!

Actually it was not an easy thing, the correct way of doing this is using a tool called timing light. But what I’ve done was running several trails on our home lane while stopping and adjusting distributor to both sides.

Finally I got the middle point where engine was sooth and running at low RPM on 2nd gear without any knockings…

Actually it was very interesting project which I enjoyed my self a lot, as I feel we cannot get this self satisfaction from anything else.

Thank you very much for all the members who advised me in many ways with their experiences and thanks for autolanka to maintaining such a forum like this.

Cheers!!!

LancerL

Congrats man, good to hear that you managed to sort it out, and by yourself too.... Well done!

Cheers!!!

LancerL

Glad you got it sorted and very well done on the DIY. I've learned so many things this way as well!