• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

you must have found this seller either on ###### or safebuy :D

Indeed!! LOL

#### actually. Most of the adds are either fake or misleading. but i gotta say but if you know what to find and how to find, you can find pretty good deals from there :)

Where can i find such benchmarking tool

exactly.

first, find the scores of the original phone and then compare it with the phone you are gonna buy. I carry my laptop always so i just copy the .apk to phone and run.No matter how close the replica to the original (by looks or feel maybe) they never give scores which close to the original. i find this method as the simplest and the error-proof method to recognize any original phone to a replica.

Pericles, Moderators. And members NRX, Magnum, Kalana, Clark,s son,

Thank you all for your valuable comments.

The person who sold this phone to me, I know this dealer for more than 10 years. He used to convert land phones with a suitable antenna few years back when only major towns had transmitting towers. Had bought more than 300 phone for my friends and relatives. For last number of years.

At present cellular phones are working about 20 miles away from SL sea cost. I have tried personally. All islands In Jaffna and eastern cost.

About 10 years ago I had a telephone in my land with an locally assembled antenna, 50 feet up using 50 Ohm’s cable to the home desk phone.

I used the Kandy cellular tower signals. I was only 15 kilometers away from As crow fly path Chilaw cellular tower unable to get signals from that tower.

Converted by this person from a Motorola brick type board it cost me at that time in all rupees 10000/=. AC charger. DC 6 Volts battery.

Now he is registered with TRC. Option all necessary documents to carry on a cellular phone business. He imports on one L/C more than 3000 phones.

At the same time goes to Dubai hand carry about 1000 phones at a time with an arrangement with customs.

He sold this phone to me informing that it is not original. Not made in China. It is made in some other Eastern country with SAMSUNG name.

which had started assembling cell phones in big way due to high demand. Assembling costs are very low.

This phone has on the back under the battery when batter is taken off:

WCDMA850/2100 GSM850/900MHz. Android GPS/WIF WCDMA/ GSM Cell Phone MODEL; N7100.

IMEI 1: 356872030577051. IMEI 2: 356872030577061

Every feature what I require is working very well on this duel SIM. IT may be not good as original SAMSUNG. will use for some time

I bought cell phone to one of my assistants with a guarantee1 year, yesterday from Sala. One of the largest supplier for SLT.

ALCATEL one touch 990 TCT Mobile Limited Bluetooth QD

ID B017987 N 53R BKWE 12 2FV made in china 990X- 2DM6LK1-S40 355769041543142. Single SIM.

Did not want to hear any bad comments. Like I did by purchasing from a wholesale dealer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

The person who sold this phone to me, I know this dealer for more than 10 years. He used to convert land phones with a suitable antenna few years back when only major towns had transmitting towers. Had bought more than 300 phone for my friends and relatives. For last number of years.

At present cellular phones are working about 20 miles away from SL sea cost. I have tried personally. All islands In Jaffna and eastern cost.

About 10 years ago I had a telephone in my land with an locally assembled antenna, 50 feet up using 50 Ohm’s cable to the home desk phone.

I used the Kandy cellular tower signals. I was only 15 kilometers away from As crow fly path Chilaw cellular tower unable to get signals from that tower.

Converted by this person from a Motorola brick type board it cost me at that time in all rupees 10000/=. AC charger. DC 6 Volts battery.

Now he is registered with TRC. Option all necessary documents to carry on a cellular phone business. He imports on one L/C more than 3000 phones.

At the same time goes to Dubai hand carry about 1000 phones at a time with an arrangement with customs.

He sold this phone to me informing that it is not original. Not made in China. It is made in some other Eastern country with SAMSUNG name.

which had started assembling cell phones in big way due to high demand. Assembling costs are very low.

This phone has on the back under the battery when batter is taken off:

WCDMA850/2100 GSM850/900MHz. Android GPS/WIF WCDMA/ GSM Cell Phone MODEL; N7100.

IMEI 1: 356872030577051. IMEI 2: 356872030577061

Every feature what I require is working very well on this duel SIM. IT may be not good as original SAMSUNG. will use for some time

I bought cell phone to one of my assistants with a guarantee1 year, yesterday from Sala. One of the largest supplier for SLT.

ALCATEL one touch 990 TCT Mobile Limited Bluetooth QD

ID B017987 N 53R BKWE 12 2FV made in china 990X- 2DM6LK1-S40 355769041543142. Single SIM.

Did not want to hear any bad comments. Like I did by purchasing from a wholesale dealer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Is that even important? I wasted some seconds off my life reading that :speechless-smiley-004:

• Like 2

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You asked, we answered. That is not a N7100. If you want to do stupid things and not hear bad comments, don't post about it.

FYI, N7100 doesn't come with Dual sim. It is a fake, its is a rip off, and its a blatant trademark infringement, and you try to defend a sleezeball who sells things like that?

Well, what can you expect from someone who claims Marutis are great after having to replace just about everything short of the engine block?

Anyone heard of all those jokes Russell Peters does about cheap Indians and how cheap they are? Sylvi's got them all beat. By a long way. :rolleyes:

You asked, we answered. That is not a N7100. If you want to do stupid things and not hear bad comments, don't post about it.

FYI, N7100 doesn't come with Dual sim. It is a fake, its is a rip off, and its a blatant trademark infringement, and you try to defend a sleezeball who sells things like that?

Well, what can you expect from someone who claims Marutis are great after having to replace just about everything short of the engine block?

Anyone heard of all those jokes Russell Peters does about cheap Indians and how cheap they are? Sylvi's got them all beat. By a long way. :rolleyes:

Pericles,

ONCE AGAIN I THANK YOU.

I have accepted your reply. As a fake cell phone.

I have told the truth. I do not want to defend any one.

I have not done anything to my vehicle (MARUTI) other than servicing regularly.

Now meter reads 21000 kilometers. No repairs so far.

Not a Cent spends on any repairs. Only pumping fuel and inflating tires.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Done forget the dual IMEI Number :D

• Like 1

Done forget the dual IMEI Number :D

Magnum,

Yes there are two numbers. I do not know the meaning of same.

This is a fake SAMSUNG cellular phone. But it serves everything.

Use it for some time and give it free, to a needy person.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ignoring the fact that Sylvi is knowingly buying goods smuggled into the country, I still dont know why he's still beating his drum about this even after being told its a fake.

He's out there using his el-cheepo phone thinking he saved Rs.20-30k, while the whole time keeping some screwed up microwave emitting electronic device against his head at times and next to his nut-s@ck the rest of the time. I dont know about him, but my jewels, brain and health are certainly worth more than that..

Ignoring the fact that Sylvi is knowingly buying goods smuggled into the country, I still dont know why he's still beating his drum about this even after being told its a fake.

He's out there using his el-cheepo phone thinking he saved Rs.20-30k, while the whole time keeping some screwed up microwave emitting electronic device against his head at times and next to his nut-s@ck the rest of the time. I dont know about him, but my jewels, brain and health are certainly worth more than that..

True those Chinese stuff emit some high radiation, you'll end up spending more in the hospital than what you save in the phone

True those Chinese stuff emit some high radiation, you'll end up spending more in the hospital than what you save in the phone

Magnum,

Thank you for your health warning for my good. I do not dispute your post.

If you read the web about Radiation there is still no one had found in the developed world any deaths due to cell phones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health

I have lived my full life of 69+ years. I have no regrets in my life. Waiting for the last call. Year ago God extended my visa.

Enjoyed my life during young days traveled round the world number of times. Even today I live a very comfortable life.

I never go for flashy things in my life. My personal vehicle is also a cheapest Indian vehicle. Which most forum member dislike.

My liquor also Toddy and extra special Arrack.

I always live and let live. No malice towards others never demean any person. Help everyone who comes to me for help.

I do-travel lot. Have a holiday home with vegetable plantation close to Colombo to spend my holidays and week ends.

There are few members who post in this forum against me. I do not care and ignore them.

Only respect to correct people. Always polite in posting.

You have a long way to go. Wishing you long healthy life, enjoy the coming holidays.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Maybe that is because people in developed countries usually don't use cheap fake phones.

100% agree with you!!!

None of these cheap fakes are even allowed to enter those markets. People in those countries look for quality more than the cost, in cash strapped societies such as ours most people look for cost before anything else and even resale values of the phone!!!!

100% agree with you!!!

None of these cheap fakes are even allowed to enter those markets. People in those countries look for quality more than the cost, in cash strapped societies such as ours most people look for cost before anything else and even resale values of the phone!!!!

OMG that's so true!! I know few people who say "Iphone is the best machan because good second market"

that's the only freaking thing they look for in a smartphone

OMG that's so true!! I know few people who say "Iphone is the best machan because good second market"

that's the only freaking thing they look for in a smartphone

Magnum,

I accept all reply posts as my previous post # 481says that I have lived full life.

It is immaterial for me to take the risk of using low quality goods like Cell phone Motor vehicles Etc.

Using them only for a short time. Because I have very little time for me to live.

Let my only child use best of equipment available in the world. From my assets.After I and my wife kick the bucket.

AS CMy child and husband both are professionals’.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Magnum,

I accept all reply posts as my previous post # 481says that I have lived full life.

It is immaterial for me to take the risk of using low quality goods like Cell phone Motor vehicles Etc.

Using them only for a short time. Because I have very little time for me to live.

Let my only child use best of equipment available in the world. From my assets.After I and my wife kick the bucket.

AS CMy child and husband both are professionals’.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

To start with my post wasn't a reply to yours, its just a general comment.

bdw you have a husband? :speechless-smiley-004:

Just to bring the thread back on topic, I bought a Nokia Lumia 620 a fortnight ago. Liking it quite a bit so far, least of all because the housing is very good at repelling scratches to the point that a case is unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to bring the thread back on topic, I bought a Nokia Lumia 620 a fortnight ago. Liking it quite a bit so far, least of all because the housing is very good at repelling scratches to the point that a case is unnecessary.

I managed a good test run with both the Lumia 920 and the BB Z10 (Like them both, actually), And tried out the Surface and the Surface RT with different keyboards, etc, but It wasn't gonna turn me from my path -

I've gone Nexus - https://www.facebook.com/preveen.rodrigo/posts/10151665897905802

I managed a good test run with both the Lumia 920 and the BB Z10 (Like them both, actually), And tried out the Surface and the Surface RT with different keyboards, etc, but It wasn't gonna turn me from my path -

I've gone Nexus - https://www.facebook.com/preveen.rodrigo/posts/10151665897905802

Looking to buy a phone myself and I also have my eyes on the Google Nexus 4. Went through several reviews and I think it's a pretty good phone for the price although I'm not a LG fan, having used a Sony Ericsson for the past 6 years. My first preference was to go for a Xperia P (given my budget) but it seems like I can get my hands on a Nexus 4 if I stretch my budget just a little.

How did you get yours down? A local advertising site showed me that they're available here for around 50,000 or so. Any advice/comments from your experience with the Nexus 4? Appreciate if you can share a few details, being a current user. :) Thanks!

Like to hear little bit more about the phone. I almost got 620, but then desided to wait little while for L720 to come in to the market.If the price is around 50K, i'll be going for L720.

Looking to buy a phone myself and I also have my eyes on the Google Nexus 4. Went through several reviews and I think it's a pretty good phone for the price although I'm not a LG fan, having used a Sony Ericsson for the past 6 years. My first preference was to go for a Xperia P (given my budget) but it seems like I can get my hands on a Nexus 4 if I stretch my budget just a little.

How did you get yours down? A local advertising site showed me that they're available here for around 50,000 or so. Any advice/comments from your experience with the Nexus 4? Appreciate if you can share a few details, being a current user. :) Thanks!

Davy.. There is a rumour that an updated nexus 4 will be out in May with a possible unveiling at the Google I/O conference. Why not wait till then and see? Even if it doesn't meet ur fancy surely if a new model is released the price of the older one should drop at least a little. Please note that is not a brand new model of nexus but just an update of the nexus 4. New nexus phones are usually released somewhere around Q4 of every year.

Hit the link below for more info:

http://www.gsmarena.com/google_rumored_to_launch_an_updated_nexus_4_with_lte_support-news-5894.php

Edited by YRD