• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

so after a long pause, work begins again. the engine's out for the rebuild. so glad to see SOMETHING happening at indikas!

photo11bv.jpg

photo21kw.jpg

photo31m.jpg

photo41ha.jpg

and the best yet i've got P72 pistons in there as is. which is a wonderful find. P72's have a slight hemispherical curvature on its surface, to allow for a compresison ratio of 10,8:1. another little JDM gem that japan decided to keep for themselves! looks like i can look away from the datto for a little while now!

So what is the rebuild you have planned. A partial rebuild with rings and port and polish or a full rebuild?

I understand your frustration with garages. These guys sadly can't spend their entire time with one customer project as they need to keep their other customers happy as well, but this causes unnecessary delays in big projects.

Hmm seems like they are almost same as P73s, so yeah seems fine for your setup. But you can run 95 wit 11-11.5 range i think. As i have heard 12.+ is the range you should worry about

Since cams are high lift I worry about valve knock as well. In a whole new level of hot shizz if that happens.

No no shanx enough parts now! I don't want to know how much I've spent already! Need to collect up for a hondata to cap it all off and I'm done!!

Ohh you meant valve piston contact, lol again that could be checked too afaik. Haha anyway yeah can understand that you have spent a lot already.

What about port n polish?

Edited by shanX

Since cams are high lift I worry about valve knock as well. In a whole new level of hot shizz if that happens.

No no shanx enough parts now! I don't want to know how much I've spent already! Need to collect up for a hondata to cap it all off and I'm done!!

How aggressive are the cams compared to stock? are you gonna run them on stock ecu or going for an aftermarket? I seem to have developed a massive interest in high lift cams lately. So care to shed some light on this komi?

How aggressive are the cams compared to stock? are you gonna run them on stock ecu or going for an aftermarket? I seem to have developed a massive interest in high lift cams lately. So care to shed some light on this komi?

machan check page one of this thread. i've discussed the BC stage 2's vs stock GSR automatic cams in detail. they're supposed to be the next best thing to a turbo, or rather as radical as you can take an NA engine. suffice to say Zackie did a double take when i told him about the cams!

i'm running them on stock ECU for the moment. planning on going for a Hondata s300 EMS. its my last great white elephant of an expense, and i'm putting it off for some time.

• Like 1

yeah idling will be an issue til i get the ECU sorted out. i've read a bit about this. its what BC coyly describes as "a gentle lope at idle" gentle lope my left nut. balamu ithin. its all a precarious standoff between how long i can wait to afford the ECU and how long i can put up with it!

I'd say running the car on the stock ecu after all the hard work you've do on the engine is a bit of a shame. I bet there are 50 new horses in that engine with the revs hitting 10k rpm. but with the stock ecu with its lower rev limiter I doubt you'll see a major difference other than response. If I was in this position I'd sell my organs to raise money for an aftermarket.

I'd say running the car on the stock ecu after all the hard work you've do on the engine is a bit of a shame. I bet there are 50 new horses in that engine with the revs hitting 10k rpm. but with the stock ecu with its lower rev limiter I doubt you'll see a major difference other than response. If I was in this position I'd sell my organs to raise money for an aftermarket.

i say why didn't i think of that before? i can probably do a kidney deal or something and sort it out. trust me, JB, this car is not staying on stock ECU for long. you have my word.

praveen i saw your car there again. what's up? mine is still waiting for the final coat of paint. they took the motor out to rebuild it. stripped to nuts and bolts. now have to wait til indika goes to tech motors and buys the rebuild kit... sticking with the P72 pistons. the sleeves are worn but the pistons are fine.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="234267" data-time="1362373684"><p>

Nope still have it. :) and yes it's up for grabs. PM me for details</p></blockquote> PMed!

i say why didn't i think of that before? i can probably do a kidney deal or something and sort it out. trust me, JB, this car is not staying on stock ECU for long. you have my word.

Hold on to your kidneys man, no one really 'finishes' a mod job. You will run out of stuff to sell long before you say "I think I'm done!!!" :D

front and rear upper and lower strut bars. 4 in total

Btw ITR comes with a 23mm rear anti-roll bar. Get one, worth it, i has one too :D

Edited by shanX

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic