• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Ek3 Break Problem

sira

Hi

I was driving to towards to airport on last Saturday mooring and somewhere in seeduwa there was bike fellow entered to quickly .that time my speed somewhere around 70km and i apply the break , the car was skidding and i turned to .thank god no accident because there was no much vehicles on that time.

This model - ex3 exi (98) does not have ABS.

I noticed that the left had side front brake pads are worn but still can use because , to warning pin there will be another 1.5 or 2mm available(i think it's 90% worn) is this can treat as worn pads ? Other break shoe and pad for 3 wheels are good,

Today i tried my car on free road. i felt that front right wheel stopped quickly and left side did not(90% worn break pad),

1. Do you think the right wheel break is good as it stopped and right side is bad?
  2. Or right side must not lock and left side is good?

Can somebody advise me on this please

sira

well its not rocket science.

your car doesnt have ABS. so if your gonna brake quick the car wil slide

and if one brake pad is worn out than the other. that wil be a resut of it.

replace both your front brake pads. not just the worn out one.

• Like 1

Hi

I was driving to towards to airport on last Saturday mooring and somewhere in seeduwa there was bike fellow entered to quickly .that time my speed somewhere around 70km and i apply the break , the car was skidding and i turned to .thank god no accident because there was no much vehicles on that time.

This model - ex3 exi (98) does not have ABS.

I noticed that the left had side front brake pads are worn but still can use because , to warning pin there will be another 1.5 or 2mm available(i think it's 90% worn) is this can treat as worn pads ? Other break shoe and pad for 3 wheels are good,

Today i tried my car on free road. i felt that front right wheel stopped quickly and left side did not(90% worn break pad),

1. Do you think the right wheel break is good as it stopped and right side is bad?
  2. Or right side must not lock and left side is good?

Can somebody advise me on this please

sira

I think with things like brakes you should not really wait until the pads are completely worn. Because Sri Lanka does not have tradition of changing brake discs periodically as well, over time they can become slightly warped, thin out due to wear and have less than perfect surface. This means that towards the end of your brake pad life stopping power may become reduced sometimes significantly, and premature or uneven brake pad wear may also occur.

Thus its good practice to check your brake pads periodically and replace them before waiting them to completely wear out. Also check the condition of the discs and if in poor shape get them replaced or at least resurfaced from a machine shop using a brake lathe.

why not check the condition of the brake pistons ? There could be rust and that could cause the piston not to work properly.

I recently had an issue with one piston due to rust and replaced it along with a caliper repait kit to fix the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

I did change 2 front calliper pistons as the left side got more rust. Done the repair with O ring and the dust cap. Bleed them all. (4 wheels as per Honda manual){1-rear right, 2- front left, 3- rear left, 4- front right}

Yes there is slightly improvement on left front wheel now. But i feel it is not 100% perfect.

this car got Master pump with primary and secondary pressure pipes that will go to brake proportioning valve (6 line – 2 in and 4 out)

When we apply breaks i think this valve give a pressure to, Front right side and rear left side via Maser pump Primary line.

Next

While the peddle de-press the master cylinder secondary line go to proportioning valve and give the pressure to front left and rear right wheels

(Please correct me if this wrong)

My Problem is

1. how can i test the proportioning valve if there is a block or malfunction
  2. How can i test master cylinder secondary line.

can somebody help me to rectify this issue please

if you guys got EK3 98. (no ABS) can you apply break at 40 Km and tell me how you feel it, (please be careful)

Thanks all

Sira

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="shanX" data-cid="232787" data-time="1360780694"><p>

^ How much was the proportioning valve? Was it a 30/40 valve you had? </p></blockquote>It was 8.5k brand new at Tech, last month.