• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

on the move a little faster than i expected! indika has started work on it, and he's removing the paint to start the tinkering.

plus i met my old mechanic premaratne. he has a set of zenith carbs he said. twin side draught. haven't heard of them. should chekc them out. said he will take them out for me sometime. i think i will have to fabricate a manifold...

and the lights, well, the lights are a bit of a surprise. i will keep that under wraps for now, and update if it does indeed happen. trying something interesting.

tumblr_m37de5VboD1rqbq8yo1_1280.png

Machan there's a post on Givantha's classic car page on FB by a guy called Anuradha Abeysinghe..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1234729_10201545256623563_1296862008_n.jpg

says it's "FACTARY FITTED MANUFOLD,SU CARBS AND AIR CLEANER" for Datsun B210/B310...I have no idea whether they fit your 510 but you were the first to spring to mind.

Machan there's a post on Givantha's classic car page on FB by a guy called Anuradha Abeysinghe..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1234729_10201545256623563_1296862008_n.jpg

says it's "FACTARY FITTED MANUFOLD,SU CARBS AND AIR CLEANER" for Datsun B210/B310...I have no idea whether they fit your 510 but you were the first to spring to mind.

that's a prank. its malik fonseka's setup. he found that with great difficulty. his friend just punked him by putting up an advert. besides its for A series datsun engines. won't fit the L series. i think my carbs are sorted for now. let's see what preme pulls out of storage. can even make a set of intake manifolds or worst case, get one down

that's a prank. its malik fonseka's setup. he found that with great difficulty. his friend just punked him by putting up an advert. besides its for A series datsun engines. won't fit the L series. i think my carbs are sorted for now. let's see what preme pulls out of storage. can even make a set of intake manifolds or worst case, get one down

Ah is that so? Sorry about that machan...didn't see that it was a fluke

Ah is that so? Sorry about that machan...didn't see that it was a fluke

no worries men. do please let me know if you see anything of the sort! i'm off facebook so i have no clue. there was no way to tell men. even malik didn't know. i messaged anuradha and called malik in a huff...

well, just received this over at my dropbox in USA. the datsun L16SSS/ L20 B cam. the highest lift and lobe profile made stock by datsun! aah this should sound sweeet on idle with twin carbs!

02tw.jpg

preme is still looking for the carbs. he's comfident i'll find a manifold in panchi. well let's try some good old luck-by-chance and see...

• Like 1

That seems to be in excellent nick! You were right about the SU carbs I mentioned..Malik got his hands on them today itself and dude is over the moon. If I see anything crop up with 510 or SSS tagged, you'll be the first to know.

I hate to be so pedantic but SU is just a brand name(Short for Skinners Union).As far as I know it was the Hitachi Co. who made carbs for Datsuns.They may look similar but the internals are mighty different,take it from a guy who has close to 30 brit SUs bolted to his cars...

• Like 2

I hate to be so pedantic but SU is just a brand name(Short for Skinners Union).As far as I know it was the Hitachi Co. who made carbs for Datsuns.They may look similar but the internals are mighty different,take it from a guy who has close to 30 brit SUs bolted to his cars...

yup. skinners union. did my research. i found a pair of zenith carbs locally. whats your take on them MD? and do you have a pair of hitachi (or not) SU's that i can take from you in return for sexual favours?

• Like 1

sooooo.....

guess what i just won on yahoo auctions...

n1df.jpg

:sad-smiley-023::man_in_love:

i still can't beleive it. had to slap myself twice. now slapping for third time.

what would i do without you, jaliya! i might just hold true on that promise i made you when you first found me something on Y! japan. ;) i haven't forgotten!

the full light set cost over 60,000 yen. these are just the lenses. (less than a quarter of that)i will be fabricating the light housing with ajitha, the fiber guy, and of course spoke to Malinga the electrician about the sequential repeater. he said can make a circuit. form a vesak pandol dude. he was supremely confident about it. i like this local flare approach. as long as my car wont' say "budu sasuna babalewa" when i want to turn...

but OMG OMG OMG OMG SSS lights!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!

• Like 2

:') I was having happy tears when komi called me to say he got the SSS lights. THANK YOU JALIYA :') adenawa.

we are gonna have a Propper Datsun 510 SSS in Sri Lanka. and Best of all. Its (Might) gonna be White

:') I was having happy tears when komi called me to say he got the SSS lights. THANK YOU JALIYA :') adenawa.

we are gonna have a Propper Datsun 510 SSS in Sri Lanka. and Best of all. Its (Might) gonna be White

No problem! Just wish I could find parts for the KSev this easily!

Well, it better be white!

Datsun-1200-White-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Edited by Jaliya48

Hi Guys

i think ,eventhough by Local Registration Number is old , Komis one is the latest dash and the other is older model that came from early b110

thanks

regards

sumith

you might have a point there sumith. but i'm not sure. mine, as per the book, is a 1967 made car. givanthas is 1968

thanks to a little inspiration by Don, i managed to find this on ebay australia. its a spec bluebird 1600 SSS dual carb setup, with the intake manifold and most importantly the spec dual carb pancake filter plenum! ooh! luckily i have a friend in adelaide who'll pick this up and ship it for me

a3hk.jpg

vrrm.jpg

qxjq.jpg

wg72.jpg

n023.jpg

this was an unbelievable stroke of luck. the amount of stars that had to align for this to fall through so quickly.

1. i just sold some old teg parts that were exactly the value of this item today

2. the seller's warehouse is 10 minutes away from my friends' home in adelaide. and he can pick it up for me

3. and ship it for me on trico, FOC. which is very very nice of him.

considering how recently a datsun A series twin carb kit without the manifold went in sri lanka or the same price, i'm pretty glad i found this.

this build is shaping up better than i expected!

• Like 2