• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Heartbreak...

iRage

the rear is a shame but it isn't beyond restoration.... the entire car in general (leaving out the rear) will cost a pretty penny to bring back to original status...

a quick search shows that parts are scarce and pricey... so good luck to anyone who dares ...

Hey everyone...

sorry for the long silence..been busy prepping for exams and dissertations and all that non fun stuff.

So here is what eventually happened....got the guy to hold the car for a few days, which he graciously did (although I think it was a case of noone actually making a reasonable offer)...

Started looking in to rear-ends <yes ..i did just say that...and sure..you can have a field day with it>.

and from all accounts it seems like to rehabilitate a raped car i have to rape and murder a car that has a lot of potential.

I found 3 restored working ones for 1.7mil-2.2 million yen

a Working car that needed tons of TLC for 800K yen

and a non working one for 500K...that needed gearbox redoing

there weren't any cars headed for the scrap yard and was told the search was going to be difficult.

The Fukuoka-Fujitsubo guys seemed like they were listening to the words of satan when I said I want the rear end to be shipped out and they wanted to ship-out the entire car stripped out instead. Which actually makes sense considering..but I don't think there is a way to import an entire car stripped out is there ?

So...I was willing to put my money where my mouth was expecting to eat tons of parippu but it seemed like I would get goraka instead and turned down the car.

Hey everyone...

sorry for the long silence..been busy prepping for exams and dissertations and all that non fun stuff.

So here is what eventually happened....got the guy to hold the car for a few days, which he graciously did (although I think it was a case of noone actually making a reasonable offer)...

Started looking in to rear-ends <yes ..i did just say that...and sure..you can have a field day with it>.

and from all accounts it seems like to rehabilitate a raped car i have to rape and murder a car that has a lot of potential.

I found 3 restored working ones for 1.7mil-2.2 million yen

a Working car that needed tons of TLC for 800K yen

and a non working one for 500K...that needed gearbox redoing

there weren't any cars headed for the scrap yard and was told the search was going to be difficult.

The Fukuoka-Fujitsubo guys seemed like they were listening to the words of satan when I said I want the rear end to be shipped out and they wanted to ship-out the entire car stripped out instead. Which actually makes sense considering..but I don't think there is a way to import an entire car stripped out is there ?

So...I was willing to put my money where my mouth was expecting to eat tons of parippu but it seemed like I would get goraka instead and turned down the car.

That is a pity iRage, the car has a lot of potential, but so called "modifications" sometimes make a car uneconomical to restore back. Did you look into how much it would cost to get the parts off the non working one to SL? I recon all the body parts plus engine would be nice though unlikely to get the chassis through customs (perhaps as two half cuts)

This goes out as a bit of a warning for anybody setting out on a path of modification.

well for starters...there still is no non-working one found (I am just keeping track of what they find..)

The furthest i went to find out other costs were stripping costs which could range from 200,000 yen upwards depending on how intact I want things removed (or salvaged)...

Found this on gumtree (Australian classified site). However, the seller is in Queensland, Australia and seem to deal with 70s Celica parts.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ferny-grove/auto-body-parts/celica-71-73-ta22-thin-lipped-rear-quarters-vgc-very-little-rust/1019491484

well for starters...there still is no non-working one found (I am just keeping track of what they find..)

The furthest i went to find out other costs were stripping costs which could range from 200,000 yen upwards depending on how intact I want things removed (or salvaged)...

Found this on gumtree (Australian classified site). However, the seller is in Queensland, Australia and seem to deal with 70s Celica parts.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ferny-grove/auto-body-parts/celica-71-73-ta22-thin-lipped-rear-quarters-vgc-very-little-rust/1019491484

Nice....I looked up some AUS based parts suppliers when the Celica first popped up and none of them had a body...and for the other parts they apparently got reproductions from Taiwan and/or Japan if they couldn't find/refurb one locally to...

• 2 months later...

Hi experts,

If iRage is interested, there was a Mitsubishi Lambda/ Sapporo A.k.a DODGE Challenger (1979) was avilable for sale at the ###### site.I have been keeping a close eye on the news papers for this car to appear, but i have bought another already. This was at a car sale in Kandana and was in bad shape back then.. THe owner asked a lot for the car. and i was also a cheap a$$.. my mistake...

It seems the current owner of the car does not know what it is.. he has names it as Mitsubishi Astron. It has a 3L in line straight 6..etc.etc..

This might be a car to restore..

Thanks

Hi similarnames...thanks for the tip! I saw the advert for the Sapporo too. I figured the seller called it Astron cause it had the Astron engine ? and I thought Astron 80 was a type of that....<shall be querying the google gods in due time>

I guess an update was inevitable...10 days ago I took over adoption of the Trueno that was put up on the AL adverts :)

Counting the days to come back home to play with it :)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Hi similarnames...thanks for the tip! I saw the advert for the Sapporo too. I figured the seller called it Astron cause it had the Astron engine ? and I thought Astron 80 was a type of that....<shall be querying the google gods in due time>

I guess an update was inevitable...10 days ago I took over adoption of the Trueno that was put up on the AL adverts :)

Counting the days to come back home to play with it :)

you lucky basket!! awesome! can i please come and dry hump it? please? :D