• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

You guys are aware you are doing the advertising for him. He isn't just selling this monstrosity, I think he has done it up as a demonstrator to show what he can do. The idiot will be the one who actually swallows this supercharger turbo and buys the damn thing. The only defense against that is education. Its the same reason we let chaps like Cali have their say, you can't fight ignorance by suppressing information. Getting the counterpoints across is far more effective than suppression.

Just saying.

the idiot owner of the Prius, has another Toyota Premio. and he claims it has 682 Horsepower -.-

toyota premio with 682 HP WTF it's even possible with it's frame.

Out of curiosity, what the heck is a supercharger turbo??

machang, its like a small dildo with a fan on it... you know, to keep cool while its at it.... he must be using it on himself while hid girlfriend charges the battery.... :)

Apparently his gf has bought him that Prius... obviously he did not like the way it looked.... wonder how he feels about her nether regions... wonder if he will fibre up that as well.... you know, with some racing stripes and all and Blow Off Valve........ :)

Out of curiosity, what the heck is a supercharger turbo??

There actually is such a thing is a supercharger turbo, but it doesn't apply to this car. The Nissan March SuperTurbo is one such example.

_Nissan_March_Superturbo_R49b118104e300.jpg

you know ur F**kd when this happans... :D

57693910151252041567704.jpg

60164046269989710392877.jpg

You know, I do believe the photo on top is staged. The truck trailer having a Hyundai mud flap is just _way_ too much of a coincidence.

Edited by terrabytetango

There actually is such a thing is a supercharger turbo, but it doesn't apply to this car. The Nissan March SuperTurbo is one such example.

_Nissan_March_Superturbo_R49b118104e300.jpg

Do they mean twin system induction? Supercharge the turbocharged air, like in the new VW's? It's a very tricky set up as an aftermarket mod. Dealing with so much boost...

I'm just curious, and it has nothing to do with that blue kakki-bucket advertised

Wiki

A supercharger is an air compressor used for forced induction of an internal combustion engine.

The greater mass flow-rate provides more oxygen to support combustion than would be available in a naturally aspirated engine, which allows more fuel to be burned and more work to be done per cycle, increasing the power output of the engine.

Power for the unit can come mechanically by a belt, gear, shaft, or chain connected to the engine's crankshaft.

When power comes from an exhaust gasturbine a supercharger is known as a turbosupercharger[1] – typically referred to simply as a turbocharger or just turbo. Common usage restricts the term supercharger to mechanically driven units.

Twincharging

In the 1985 and 1986 World Rally Championships, Lancia ran the Delta S4, which incorporated both a belt-driven supercharger and exhaust-driven turbocharger. The design used a complex series of bypass valves in the induction and exhaust systems as well as an electromagnetic clutch so that, at low engine speeds, boost was derived from the supercharger. In the middle of the rev range, boost was derived from both systems, while at the highest revs the system disconnected drive from the supercharger and isolated the associated ducting.[11] This was done in an attempt to exploit the advantages of each of the charging systems while removing the disadvantages. In turn, this approach brought greater complexity and impacted on the cars reliability in WRC events, as well as increasing the weight of engine ancillaries in the finished design.

The Volkswagen TSI engine (or Twincharger) is a 1.4-litre direct-injection motor that also uses both a supercharger and turbocharger.

Commercial availability

The concept of twincharging was successfully used by Lancia in the 1980s on the Lancia Delta S4 rally car. The idea was also successfully adapted to production road cars by Nissan, in their March Super Turbo.[1] Additionally, multiple companies have produced aftermarket twincharger kits for cars like the Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper S, Ford Mustang, Nissan Skyline GT-R, Toyota MR2, as well as the GM 3800 Engine, as in the Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, and theChevrolet Cobalt SS among others.

The Volkswagen 1.4 TSI is a 1400 cc engine – utilised by numerous automobiles of the VW Group – that sees use of both a turbocharger and a supercharger, and is available with eight power ratings: 103 kilowatts (140 PS; 138 bhp) @ 5,600 rpm; 220 newton metres (162 lbf·ft) @ 1,500-4,000 rpm — VW Golf V, VW Jetta V, VW Touran 110 kilowatts (150 PS; 148 bhp) @ 5,800 rpm; 220 newton metres (162 lbf·ft) @ 1,250-4,500 rpm — SEAT Ibiza IV 110 kilowatts (150 PS; 148 bhp) @ 5,800 rpm; 240 newton metres (177 lbf·ft) @ 1,500-4,000 rpm — (CNG version) VW Passat VI, VW Passat VII, VW Touran 110 kilowatts (150 PS; 148 bhp) @ 5,800 rpm; 240 newton metres (177 lbf·ft) @ 1,750-4,000 rpm — VW Sharan II, VW Tiguan, SEAT Alhambra 118 kilowatts (160 PS; 158 bhp) @ 5,800 rpm; 240 newton metres (177 lbf·ft) @ 1,500-4,500 rpm — VW Eos, VW Golf VI, VW Jetta VI 125 kilowatts (170 PS; 168 bhp) @ 6,000 rpm; 240 newton metres (177 lbf·ft) @ 1,500-4,500 rpm — VW Golf V, VW Jetta V, VW Touran 132 kilowatts (179 PS; 177 bhp) @ 6,200 rpm; 250 newton metres (184 lbf·ft) @ 2,000-4,500 rpm — VW Polo V, SEAT Ibiza Cupra, Škoda Fabia II 136 kilowatts (185 PS; 182 bhp) @ 6,200 rpm; 250 newton metres (184 lbf·ft) @ 2,000-4,500 rpm — Audi A1

Edited by VVTi

Do they mean twin system induction? Supercharge the turbocharged air, like in the new VW's? It's a very tricky set up as an aftermarket mod. Dealing with so much boost...

I'm just curious, and it has nothing to do with that blue kakki-bucket advertised

No its not compound charging, it's more like mutually exclusive sequential charging, first the supercharger, then the turbocharger when the RPM is high enough. I think it's relatively low boost on the March, something like 0.5 bar.

Its the same reason we let chaps like Cali have their say, you can't fight ignorance by suppressing information. Getting the counterpoints across is far more effective than suppression.

Ummmm......I appreciate being allowed to have my say, but everything I write is normal mainstream everyday knowledge and thinking in developed markets/countries. Not a good idea to call that 'ignorant'.

wow...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/bb23xqGbm40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how it done,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/L05TA7MnH58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Nirosha

Ummmm......I appreciate being allowed to have my say, but everything I write is normal mainstream everyday knowledge and thinking in developed markets/countries. Not a good idea to call that 'ignorant'.

I didn't mean your ignorance, I meant a person who is ignorant on the subject can read the kind of stuff you post. Far better to educate with counterpoints than suppress, suppression will just lead to the same marketing talk being picked up somewhere else.

• MADZ locked this topic