• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

lol no no, it doesn't mean that. well let me try to shorten it.

well this accident happened in polgolla back in the early 80's

dad was driving in the left lane

and a police jeep (the old Mitsubishi J44) it sorta came too fast taking a bend and went out of control

and crashed into our car on the left lane.

as u can see from the pic, the whole front end was damaged and the even the pedals was pushed back. but luckyly the engine wasnt damaged at all. and even after the crash the car started fine.

though our car was highly damaged, only the bumper and a fog light were broken off, of the police jeep

dad had a lot of trouble back then with that cop. though he admited his fault

he forced dad not to tell the insurance company that its the cops fault. and instead tell that the car knocked on to a tree or something. and forced dad to pay for the jeeps damage as well

The insurance company refused to claim for the damage since there were no sign's of hitting a tree. but somehow things got sorted out that time.

Heard that after grandpa got to know the whole scenario, he took action against the cop.

• Like 1

lol no no, it doesn't mean that. well let me try to shorten it.

well this accident happened in polgolla back in the early 80's

dad was driving in the left lane

and a police jeep (the old Mitsubishi J44) it sorta came too fast taking a bend and went out of control

and crashed into our car on the left lane.

as u can see from the pic, the whole front end was damaged and the even the pedals was pushed back. but luckyly the engine wasnt damaged at all. and even after the crash the car started fine.

though our car was highly damaged, only the bumper and a fog light were broken off, of the police jeep

dad had a lot of trouble back then with that cop. though he admited his fault

he forced dad not to tell the insurance company that its the cops fault. and instead tell that the car knocked on to a tree or something. and forced dad to pay for the jeeps damage as well

The insurance company refused to claim for the damage since there were no sign's of hitting a tree. but somehow things got sorted out that time.

Heard that after grandpa got to know the whole scenario, he took action against the cop.

Surely it happened in 80's. :sport-smiley-004:

Well didnt know where else to post these pics

Dads old 504 Estate (oh and thats our old driver whose missing now)

TgigL.jpg

Grandpa's last car The lancer (The one i always brag about)

d1kSc.jpg

(Photo 1) - I guess this photo is taken in 1984, according to the Revenue License (White colour back ground with Green colour 84 printed on purple triangle) Triangle appear only in 1984 if I am not mistaken.. :)

(Photo 2) - Same way this is taken in either 1986 or 1988. (not clear the last digit) :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

(Photo 1) - I guess this photo is taken in 1984, according to the Revenue License (White colour back ground with Green colour 84 printed on purple triangle) Triangle appear only in 1984 if I am not mistaken.. :)

(Photo 2) - Same way this is taken in either 1986 or 1988. (not clear the last digit) :)

Seems right machan. but the 504, the pic was taken in 83 :)

Edited by Schiffer

Seems right machan. but the 504, the pic was taken in 83 :)

May be.

In 1983 , Revenue license came with pink background with Brown colour 83 as far as I remember.

Those days revenue license were very colorful and I used to collect them. I had them from 1977 (our Morris Minor's) onwards. But termites destroyed my collection. :(

May be.

In 1983 , Revenue license came with pink background with Brown colour 83 as far as I remember.

Those days revenue license were very colorful and I used to collect them. I had them from 1977 (our Morris Minor's) onwards. But termites destroyed my collection. :(

u had a very weird collection O.o but nice :D

• MADZ locked this topic