• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Well, forgetting about the duty advantage with Hybrids; I think it is a bit unfair to say the Axela Hybrid is the clear option as when you consider total cost of ownership and long term usability and servicibility things get a bit more complicated than just which car looks better and has more options.

The Corolla comes with the manufacturers warranty and being a ICE car one would not have to worry about inverters and batteries and such. The Axela Hybrid on the other hand is a grey import and the 'warranty' you get so far from most grey importers seem to worth less than the paper it is printed on. Also, seems like the technical skills needed to fix Hybrids are still lacking in the country relatively to ICE engines even with complicated circuitry.

So...in that regards maybe the Mazda 3 would be a better comparison/choice ? Also, although the Axela Hybrid is a 2.0ltr it has been seriously restricted in the power dept that it doesn't necessarily have a huge output advantage over its competition.

Edited by iRage

Totally agree. I was just saying that corolla 170 is a better buy than axio 165. But axela hybrid is better than any of them. Actually the best in its class.

Dude, your signature is just obscenely large. Can't you resize it or something? Takes up half a page, and all the wasted bandwidth each time that has to load....

Well, forgetting about the duty advantage with Hybrids; I think it is a bit unfair to say the Axela Hybrid is the clear option as when you consider total cost of ownership and long term usability and servicibility things get a bit more complicated than just which car looks better and has more options.

The Corolla comes with the manufacturers warranty and being a ICE car one would not have to worry about inverters and batteries and such. The Axela Hybrid on the other hand is a grey import and the 'warranty' you get so far from most grey importers seem to worth less than the paper it is printed on. Also, seems like the technical skills needed to fix Hybrids are still lacking in the country relatively to ICE engines even with complicated circuitry.

So...in that regards maybe the Mazda 3 would be a better comparison/choice ? Also, although the Axela Hybrid is a 2.0ltr it has been seriously restricted in the power dept that it doesn't necessarily have a huge output advantage over its competition.

The Mazda brings down the Axela hybrid from Japan, they had one for sale with 6 months warranty. I cant remember if it was 5.5mil or 5.6mil but I heard you can get i from outside without the warranty for 5.1mil

Ok. So the agents bring down the Hybri now ? Brand new ? But is that a typo or did u really say 6 months ? If 6 months seriously doubt it would make any difference as the issues seem to come up after much more usage.

Also if it is 6 months, I kind of get the feeling that Mazda SL is just ordering cars at Japanese dealerships and bringing them down just like the grey imports as opposed to formally launching and representing the Hybrid variant. Do u get a JDM model ? This might explain why the std warranty is not given (which you get with Mitsu and Toyota hybrids locally ?) .Also, during the Toyota Mazda collaboration announcement Japanese media releases claimed hybrids were offered only in Japan and the collaboration was for its expansion. I guess the local agent is just trying to cash-in on the hybrid frenzy.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="iRage" data-cid="278155" data-time="1433265288"><p>

Ok. So the agents bring down the Hybri now ? Brand new ? But is that a typo or did u really say 6 months ? If 6 months seriously doubt it would make any difference as the issues seem to come up after much more usage.<br />

<br />

Also if it is 6 months, I kind of get the feeling that Mazda SL is just ordering cars at Japanese dealerships and bringing them down just like the grey imports as opposed to formally launching and representing the Hybrid variant. Do u get a JDM model ? This might explain why the std warranty is not given (which you get with Mitsu and Toyota hybrids locally ?) .Also, during the Toyota Mazda collaboration announcement Japanese media releases claimed hybrids were offered only in Japan and the collaboration was for its expansion. I guess the local agent is just trying to cash-in on the hybrid frenzy.</p></blockquote>

This specific car I checked had 4000 odd KMs on the clock so I doubt that they brought it down directly from the dealer in Japan and it also had the Japan parking sticker, oh they do sell the gasoline variant as well, it's called as Mazda 3 instead of Axela.

They also told me they aren't interested in permit sales much now cuz they told permits are going for 2.2mil now

Was the guy replacing a flat tyre?

This accident could have avoided if the guy who rear ended wasn't driving so close to the Hiace in front

Edited by Magnum

Yes, the guy had been changing a tyre ! On the fast lane! It was a freaking flat tyre which wouldn't have totally crippled the van and could have gotten over to the outter shoulder.

Saw it on facebook and the driver who rear ended the van said the van had no insurance and the driver of the van had no licence and seems to be getting away with barely a slap on the wrist.

True, one can always go through a list of what ifs after the fact but it is something that could happen to anyone of us. Shows a complete failure of driver ed, and our wonderful legal system.

Edited by iRage

• MADZ locked this topic