• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Uncle, with your extensive experience in forum writing which is very entertaining- please share the details of where you have been posting for the past 10 years. We really like to read up and see what your '50 years' have thought you.. One thing for sure- it has not thought you forum etiquette.

By the way a little historical correction for you- in 1990 SLT did not offer internet services, the internet was only available with the Moratuwa Uni at that time with their LEARN project. Commercial internet was made available in 1995 with the advent of Lanka internet ISP.

Anyway I really cant understand how it took you so long to find humble AutoLanka.com :)

I thought this didnt sound right that SLT provided internet services in 1990 but I didnt know for sure :huh: . I got my first internet in late '95 and this was with Lanka Internet.

Anyways this thread is becoming quite interesting :lol:

mr wijesinghe, i assume that you are elder than me so please excuse me about my improper grammar and vocab.

I found that you are postings are not boring and nutting to be humiliated. Usually you will find lots of *** ****s in this forum who just want to offense others for no reason or may be cuz of their "*****" mentality :D. when considering time scales you mentioned above, must have lots of experience and knowledge about sri lanka. So just dont listen em and share it with us. we like to hear you.

with all the respect,

DA KOOL GUY

Sir

Thanks for your Comments.

I do not want to abuse any one on the Forum I only want to share my Knowledge may be I know only .00001% of Automobile Industry in the World But the fact is I want to share last 50 years my Experience in Automobile industry in Srilanka. I want to share with others with good intentions as most members were not born at that time.

It is true this forum is not meant for history of Automobile industry History of Srilanka

We had Monsoon reliability trials going around Srilanka on a route given to all participants before the start of the trial.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MONSOON RELIABILITY TRIALS? AS THIS WAS A ANNUAL EVENT IN GOOD OLD DAYS AND ALL ESTATE SUPERINTENDENTS WAS ENTRUSTED TO JUDGE AND ENDORSE IN THE LOG BOOK THE PARTICIPANTS CARRY WITH THEM E THIS EVENT STARTED FROM COLOMBO ON A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY EVENING AND END UP NEXT DAY MORNING IN COLOMBO.

Wijesinghe

Sir

Thanks for your Comments.

I do not want to abuse any one on the Forum I only want to share my Knowledge may be I know only .00001% of Automobile Industry in the World But the fact is I want to share last 50 years my Experience in Automobile industry in Srilanka. I want to share with others with good intentions as most members were not born at that time.

It is true this forum is not meant for history of Automobile industry History of Srilanka

We had Monsoon reliability trials going around Srilanka on a route given to all participants before the start of the trial.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MONSOON RELIABILITY TRIALS? AS THIS WAS A ANNUAL EVENT IN GOOD OLD DAYS AND ALL ESTATE SUPERINTENDENTS WAS ENTRUSTED TO JUDGE AND ENDORSE IN THE LOG BOOK THE PARTICIPANTS CARRY WITH THEM E THIS EVENT STARTED FROM COLOMBO ON A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY EVENING AND END UP NEXT DAY MORNING IN COLOMBO.

Wijesinghe

LMAO :lol:

dont forget rockcity rocker....that's the name of his local gal kollo club :P

නූගත් පහත් මානසික අසහනයන්ගෙන් පෙලෙන මාස්ටර් ඩොන් / රිපර් වැනි අයවලුන් මුලු මහත් ශිෂ්ට සමාජයටම පිලිලයකි.

එනමුත් එවැනි අයවලුන් වෙත අප සැමගේ අනුකම්පාව හිමි විය යුතුය.

damn boy it took so long to complete it in sinahal. :D

AL ROX.... the ultimate remedy for the boredom ;)

Edited by da_kool_guy

im annoyed that uncle is spamming with the same mesg again 2,3 time...

wat on earth???

while his posts entertain us, this really turns me off !

camon... just tell us WHAT OTHER FORUMS u have been on for the past 10 years!

Please note all members in the list.

Lanka Internet was originated in Walukarama road Number 156 next to Walukarama Temple in Colombo 00300 the land which I sold to one Mr, Dudly Fernando who was at Colombo Commercial Company Colombo 00200 as a Senior Civil Engineer as it was exes land for me in Colombo I did not want to have that Tenement land as it was giving problems to me.

To This forum what I have written about Lanka Internet and my inherited owner ship of the land which which they occupied is not relevant to this Forum I want to explain about Internet in Srilanka and the History as for my Knowledge.

I may be wrong informing about SLT as the Pioneer Internet Provider in Srilanka as for my self I first obtained my Internet and Email through SLT.

If i am wrong I will request a apology from all list members of this forum for my wrong information.

One member had requested Where I was called Uncle i do not think he had read my message and understood correctly.

Members note no Police officer or any public officer cannot call Uncle Mother Farther brother Sister when they are on duty to any person who come for their assistance.

They have to be polite in Addressing the general public as they ere paid to to do a part of work for the Srilankan Civilians.

With tax payers funds.

The Member who wanted information for my post to this Forum he will never request a answer for his post to this Forum because he was ignorant of courtesy of addressing general public.

Wijesinghe

නූගත් පහත් මානසික අසහනයන්ගෙන් පෙලෙන මාස්ටර් ඩොන් / රිපර් වැනි අයවලුන් මුලු මහත් ශිෂ්ට සමාජයටම පිලිලයකි.

එනමුත් එවැනි අයවලුන් වෙත අප සැමගේ අනුකම්පාව හිමි විය යුතුය.

damn boy it took so long to complete it in sinahal. :D

AL ROX.... the ultimate remedy for the boredom ;)

All membersr note,

At last one member had given the correct answer for all list members as a lesson .

Do not forget we are Srilankans Have a History for more than 2500 years. and we are proud of that.

English is a International link language for business matters as I think.

We Srilankans embraced english only after British established their Coliny in Ceylon after 1815.

Wijesinghe.

All membersr note,

Do not forget we are Srilankans Have a History for more than 2500 years. and we are proud of that.

We Srilankans embraced english only after British established their Coliny in Ceylon after 1815.

:action-smiley-035:

well said... salute u....

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Anyway.... i was wondering... wht hapn to "High Speed Law....?".........lolz........

:duel:

so what's the solution you propose for communication gap between ethnic groups within the country? Learn all languages or let english be the intermediatory language as a permanent solution. It's us bogus, show off patriots dragged this country decades back by making one language the state language and you and I all know what has gone wrong and why it has gone wrong. Look at most of grads passing out from uni's ? Can they be par with the students in the region in terms of international language (no offense on them but that's what the reality is). But those privileged get the exposure to int'l language, even the younger generation of the person who discontinued english medium in sl education stream. Although it's bitter for some of us, but the truth is that you got to work in english in order to survive in this global village. Look at the systems of countries like singapore, whom were dreaming to be like us and ended up miles ahead in the development. They got an ethnic soup with many asian in the country but all harmonizes around one language when it comes to state business and education, that is english. We're still keep on harp about the great history we had for thousand years crap but in reality we're debtors for many generations to come. Wake up dudes say bye to old school stuff and move on.

Ripper, i told you that you're wasting your time and words, so am I

im annoyed that uncle is spamming with the same mesg again 2,3 time...

wat on earth???

while his posts entertain us, this really turns me off !

camon... just tell us WHAT OTHER FORUMS u have been on for the past 10 years!

Sir,

ALTHOUGH you had pointed out. I never spammed Please withdraw that.

I don't blow my Trumpet. You are wrong may be as what you think opinion differs.

What you have written shows your Limited Knowledge.

I am not compelled to divulge to you or others in ths forum to what I write to exchange my experience in motoring Industry.

I only send once a reply to a message it may be something wrong WITH my Computer or in the Forum receiving end that message had repeated number of times.

In this Electronic era lot of mistakes can happen.

If it is in my side i Request a Apology from list members.

IT IS OBVIOUS TO PIN POINT A MEMBER FOR A MISTAKE NOT PERSONALLY DONE WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE BY A MEMBER.

ADVERSE COMMENT FROM ONE OF THE FORUM MEMBER IN THIS ELECTRONIC ERA WITHOUT KNOWING CORRECT FACTS.

FOR REPEATED MASSAGES.

EWEN in YAHOO FORUMS REPEATED MESSAGES HAPPENS

I FIND TO READ THAT HE IS ANNOYED.

HE HIMSELF CANNOT MIND HIS LANGUAGE.

CALLING UNCLE MYSELF.FURTHER MORE ALL MEMBERS FOR uour INFORMATION.

HE IS NO RELATIVE OF MINE. WITH THIRD GRADE ENGLISH EDUCATION IF NOT HE WILL NEVER WRITE THAT.

HE MAY HAVE HAD NOT READ GOOD ENGLISH OR GONE TO A GOOD SCHOOL FOR HIS ENGLISH EDUCATION

Wijesinghe

????? ???? ?????? ??????????? ????? ??????? ???? / ????? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ????? ??????? ????????.

?????? ????? ??????? ??? ?? ????? ????????? ???? ??? ?????.

aw c'mon...isn't that a bit too harsh?...all I did was talk about list member Ripper's ass :P

Edited by MasterDon

so what's the solution you propose for communication gap between ethnic groups within the country? Learn all languages or let english be the intermediatory language as a permanent solution. It's us bogus, show off patriots dragged this country decades back by making one language the state language and you and I all know what has gone wrong and why it has gone wrong. Look at most of grads passing out from uni's ? Can they be par with the students in the region in terms of international language (no offense on them but that's what the reality is). But those privileged get the exposure to int'l language, even the younger generation of the person who discontinued english medium in sl education stream. Although it's bitter for some of us, but the truth is that you got to work in english in order to survive in this global village. Look at the systems of countries like singapore, whom were dreaming to be like us and ended up miles ahead in the development. They got an ethnic soup with many asian in the country but all harmonizes around one language when it comes to state business and education, that is english. We're still keep on harp about the great history we had for thousand years crap but in reality we're debtors for many generations to come. Wake up dudes say bye to old school stuff and move on.

OT

so what's the solution you propose for communication gap between ethnic groups within the country? Learn all languages or let english be the intermediatory language as a permanent solution. It's us bogus, show off patriots dragged this country decades back by making one language the state language and you and I all know what has gone wrong and why it has gone wrong.

English is the most effective way to overcome language barrier. Sylvi a.k.a Wijesinghe was convincing us that ENGLISH shouldn't be worshiped. Use it as a tool.

But some KALU SUDDAS still trying to worship english without understanding the value of a tool.

I dont think you havent got enough background knowledge about the war and roots of it.

Look at most of grads passing out from uni's ? Can they be par with the students in the region in terms of international language (no offense on them but that's what the reality is). But those privileged get the exposure to int'l language, even the younger generation of the person who discontinued english medium in sl education stream. Although it's bitter for some of us, but the truth is that you got to work in english in order to survive in this global village.

where do u live bro? in sri lanka, we recruit TECHNICAL WRITERS for clerical purposes. Engineers dont have to be fluent in english.

Look at the systems of countries like singapore, whom were dreaming to be like us and ended up miles ahead in the development. They got an ethnic soup with many asian in the country but all harmonizes around one language when it comes to state business and education, that is english.

The official languages of singapore are English, Malay, Chinese (Mandarin) and Tamil. NOT ONLY ENGLISH.

We're still keep on harp about the great history we had for thousand years crap but in reality we're debtors for many generations to come. Wake up dudes say bye to old school stuff and move on.

ok dude how can we say bye for following OLD CRAPS?

1) Hindu-Arabic Numeral System

2) Pi (22/7)

3) Calculus

4) Dynamics

Basically every damn old crap is used everywhere in this world.

Removing and Fixing engine and body parts can be done by any trained technician. BUT we have to use old crap shits for DESIGNING Purposes .

Edited by da_kool_guy

I only send once a reply to a message it may be something wrong WITH my Computer or in the Forum receiving end that message had repeated number of times.

In this Electronic era lot of mistakes can happen.

If it is in my side i Request a Apology from list members.

Dear sir,

I GUESS your still using the dial-up internets connection provided by Lanka Internet as you mentioned about some connection wit Lanka Internet. If that is the case (which am not much sure of), I would like to suggest you to try ADSL broadband internet provided by SL Telecom. It would give you an oppurtunity to try and make use of PLUG & PLAY technologies of this MODERN ERA. Which could also lessen the chances of error and help you FORGET those old days and MOVE ON :)

Yours,

X.

Dear sir,

I GUESS your still using the dial-up internets connection provided by Lanka Internet as you mentioned about some connection wit Lanka Internet. If that is the case (which am not much sure of), I would like to suggest you to try ADSL broadband internet provided by SL Telecom. It would give you an oppurtunity to try and make use of PLUG & PLAY technologies of this MODERN ERA. Which could also lessen the chances of error and help you FORGET those old days and MOVE ON :)

Yours,

X.

Sir,

This Forum is meant for Automobiles not to write about Telecommunication system in Srilanka still as this topic had come up.

I will write few words about telecommunications of srilanka.

I hope members will not find anything wrong about same.

SLT once had a Monopoly in Telecommunication system in Srilanka in late 1960's Fujikura of Japan was entrusted to do the microwave system in Srilanka fixing repeater stations in Hatton, Nuwaraeliya, Deniyaya, and Mathale.

I did maintenance of their cable testing equipment. Due to this i traveled all above mentioned towns with Mr Otha who had a very good English Knowledge first he was a Customer of mine later we were good friends he is no more in this world I first visited japan with him after completion of the project in 1970.

I was very close to Mr, Otha Japanese who was the project director in that project due to close association with him I have a good Knowledge of the Telecommunications system in Srilanka.

I am one person who has best Intercommunicating Telecommunication system in my office having ISDN,ADSL,

I think person the who said about Dial up that was in 1990s SLT first provided with that technology.

Later then the SLT management (JAPS) provided late 1990 with outdated technology ISDN which give end user digital network with two telephone numbers which still I have.

In early part of 2000 ADSL was provided at a high cost with very poor speed.

We had a Srilanka ADSL forum who complained to TRC at Colombo for SLT cheating Srilankans by advertising high speeds and providing with low speeds of ADSL.

TRC had a hearing on their Adutorium inviting Forum members to represent for our ADSL FORUM complain.

One Mr, Siriwardana who was highly educated on ADSL forum spokesmen argued the matter with SLT Engineers on that meeting final result was.

TRC Administration ordered to do a monitoring of ADSL speed test in 5 different situations with SLT and TRC Engineers to get a Speed matter sorted out.

I was asked to monitor for 3 hours at TRC and later another member of the Forum one Mr, Wasanthe Guruge who is a Electronic Engineer took over from me in the afternoon at TRC for next three hours.

Later competition came to Telecommunication Industry and lot of new technology's came to Srilanka like Mobitel with dongle give very high download speed I too use same on my lap top. Cost too had come down due to competition.

Above is totally out of the topic in this Automobile forum. I only wrote above for members information.

Wijesinghe.

• MADZ locked this topic