• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration At High Speeds

alpha17

Last month i went 2 matara through e01,by my corolla 121,and i had to experience some sort of problem.when i accelerate above 120-125 the car started to vibrate a little bit.the steering was stable,but the vibration started from back and when i accelerate further more,it came to front.anyway i touched 150kmh,but the vibration took place when i go above 120.my engine is not tuned but i think this is a problem with aerodynamics.the car's condition,

-rear both shock absorbers are in bad condition

-rear tires are worn out

-a plastic guard which comes under the engine and,another one which comes between the front bumper and the chassis are also missing.

-front tires are just replaced

i've heard these kind of cars including 240 allions,and premios can touch top speed without any problem.what are your opinions and suggestions?any 121 owners who had exceed this speed limit without any trouble?i value your opinions very much.

thank u.

yup.when i stick to 120 also there was a little vibration

I think your name says a lot about u. If your car is vibrating at 120km then drive at 100km and keep yourself and everyone else on the road safe. Don't kill others due to your stupidity and also don't become a road statistic and evening news. Good luck and drive safe machan.

• Like 4

Dear Dork

Get your worn out tires replaced..then balance all four wheels as mentioned by komi..

I also had the same issue some time back and above made it go away.. One last thing..once i was also fool enough to speed when the car is wobbling like yours.. And now thinking about it back, i'm thankful to every god in the freakin heavens for not making my stupidity cost my life as well as others who were with me at that time.. Remember Speed thrills but kills!! Dont try to learn it the hard way..

• Like 2

Last month i went 2 matara through e01,by my corolla 121,and i had to experience some sort of problem.when i accelerate above 120-125 the car started to vibrate a little bit.the steering was stable,but the vibration started from back and when i accelerate further more,it came to front.anyway i touched 150kmh,but the vibration took place when i go above 120.my engine is not tuned but i think this is a problem with aerodynamics.the car's condition,

-rear both shock absorbers are in bad condition

-rear tires are worn out

-a plastic guard which comes under the engine and,another one which comes between the front bumper and the chassis are also missing.

-front tires are just replaced

i've heard these kind of cars including 240 allions,and premios can touch top speed without any problem.what are your opinions and suggestions?any 121 owners who had exceed this speed limit without any trouble?i value your opinions very much.

thank u.

yup.when i stick to 120 also there was a little vibration

Your car should be able to cruise at 100-120 without vibration. Those highway speeds are pretty common and most cars including yours are designed to cruise at those speeds smoothly without issues. If it does vibrate excessively, you have an issue, and you should look to get it fixed. Based on your list of issues, it sounds like you need to replace the rear tyres as well as the rear shocks before you get on the highway again...once you get those issues sorted:

Your car steering wheel shouldn't be pulling to the right or left nor should it be vibrating excessively, a little bit of vibration is normal and some tyre tread patterns will make your car vibrate more, however the vibration should not be excessive where it makes it hard to steer or control the car with your finger tips only (I'm NOT saying that your should go around steering with your fingertips, and I am NOT saying that this is a safe practise, its just the rule of thumb I use, and it may or maynot work for you to determine how excessive your vibration issues are).

Common things that I would check if the vibration is excessive are:

• Check air pressure on all your tyres, making sure that each axle has the same air pressure

• Check your tyres: Check your tyres and look for uneven tread wear. Ideally all four tyres should have similar treads and wear, but as long as the tread wear and tread patterns on each axle is similar you should be fine. Check for broken belts, bumps and other irregularities in your tyres. If any irregularities are found you need to switch that tyre out (when replacing the tyre most often you'll have to switch both the tyres on the affected axle).

• Check alignment

• If all of the above is okay, you should then look at getting your suspension components checked..
Edited by Kavvz

when i accelerate above 120-125 the car started to vibrate a little bit.the steering was stable,but the vibration started from back and when i accelerate further more,it came to front.anyway i touched 150kmh

If you accelerated further, you could have brought the vibration to front bumper and then easily could have transferred to next vehicle which was in front of you.

then your car will be free of any kind of vibration.

• Like 3

If you accelerated further, you could have brought the vibration to front bumper and then easily could have transferred to next vehicle which was in front of you.

then your car will be free of any kind of vibration.

bloody love it mate

• 3 months later...