• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 5 Million (2012-2013)

asankabs

Question

im planning to buy a new car, my maximum budget is 5 million. can you guys suggest me a good car. these are my requirements

1. must be manufactured in 2012 or 2013. brand new or recon.

2. im going to sell it within an year so the resell value,capability is the highest priority

3. fuel efficiency, maintenance cost etc.

i was thinking about 2012 prius but a car sale guy told me that the hybrid tax will go down in next few months. so now im clueless

also there are lots of allions, premios available in these days. what's the reason for this price difference? i mean i have seen same G-superior for 54lks as well as 63lks ??

24 answers to this question

My advice: buy a land and use trishaws to travel.

Reason: Axios which were sold for 42-43 are going for 32-33 now. Allions and premios which were 55+ were now being sold for 40s. Monteros and Prados which cost 150+ a year ago can't be even sold for 100 now. So if you want resale value, get a land.

• Like 5

i don't want to make an investment by buying the car. im considering the resell value because i need to minimize the loss when i sell it

It's the same thing brother...

if you're looking to "minimize loss" you should be looking at something that will depreciate less.. If its a 2012 car (1 year old), when you sell it in a year it will be twice as old. But if you buy a 10 year old car it will be only 1/10 as much older.

You cant have the cake and eat it too... So just buy a Corolla 121, put the balance money in a FD, and sell off the car a tad cheaper than market value. You're car will be sold in a few days and the money in your FD would have gotten you enough interest to offset the loss by selling the car cheaper..

But Mr. Perera next door won't be impressed by your 'old' car..

• Like 6

if you're looking to "minimize loss" you should be looking at something that will depreciate less.. If its a 2012 car (1 year old), when you sell it in a year it will be twice as old. But if you buy a 10 year old car it will be only 1/10 as much older.

You cant have the cake and eat it too... So just buy a Corolla 121, put the balance money in a FD, and sell off the car a tad cheaper than market value. You're car will be sold in a few days and the money in your FD would have gotten you enough interest to offset the loss by selling the car cheaper..

Some sound financial advice from Watchman there...

Hey petty boy,

Why dont you explain to asanka and us why you think your suggestions are more valid than someone else's. Or are you the all mighty oracle of the motoring world.

Machan, Asankacabs is a big boy. Let him take whatever advice he likes!

This is a very good suggestion.

if you open an FD , return will be roughly 0.6 Million , for the insurance and registration i think you will have to pay 0.1 Million. so if you buy a car for 5.0 Mil and sell it for same price after 1 year, loss is 0.7 Million,

i think you can rent a good car ( long term ) for roughly 70,000/= permonth

then 70,000x12 = 0.84 Million

then this solution has already minimize your loss(just 140,000 LKR)

1. Allion 260 2012 if you are good in bargain
  2. Prius 3rd Gen 2012

i predict, in the near future, you wlll remember a time before your little blitz in autolanka... when your sphincters still held things in.

you give the term "nawila passen passa-ta enawa" a whole new definition

You really can't can't have the cake and eat it like mentioned earlier. Few more things to ponder while you're at it.

1. If resale value is that important to you, forget about a brand new. As soon as you drive it out of the lot, it's downhill from there (bar any weird tax revisions from the government)

2. You can never predict an accident. Of course insurance will pay for the repairs but if the damage is sizable, a buyer with a keen eye will notice and there goes your resale value. best option is to keep the car home. (which will also reduce your fuel bills - win win right?)

3. Asking the car sale guy about government policy changes won't help you more than a gypsy woman reading your palm. If you keep thinking "Ada adu wei, heta adu wei" you are unlikely to own a vehicle ever.

4. If 5 Mn is you'r absolute limit and you cannot afford to risk losing a chunk of it, your budget really isn't 5 Mn.

5. A car really isn't a short term commitment. If all you can think of is "how much I can get for it" from day one (in your case, even before buying the damned thing) You will never enjoy it, use it as it should be used or take care of it the way it should be taken care of. Not good for you or the car.

Anyways, let us know what you actually end up buying.

• Like 3

Amazing how many threads on AL always, and I mean ALWAYS, ends up about an Allion or a Prius... :)

You ask about a turbo charger on AL and sooner lor later some dumbass like Prabodahwhatshisname will come and say 'Turbos dont come on Aliions, but if they do,,,,,' :)

This is like Siripala's makka story... :)

• Like 1

Amazing how many threads on AL always, and I mean ALWAYS, ends up about an Allion or a Prius... :)

You ask about a turbo charger on AL and sooner lor later some dumbass like Prabodahwhatshisname will come and say 'Turbos dont come on Aliions, but if they do,,,,,' :)

This is like Siripala's makka story... :)

LOL :)

im planning to buy a new car, my maximum budget is 5 million. can you guys suggest me a good car. these are my requirements

1. must be manufactured in 2012 or 2013. brand new or recon.

2. im going to sell it within an year so the resell value,capability is the highest priority

3. fuel efficiency, maintenance cost etc.

i was thinking about 2012 prius but a car sale guy told me that the hybrid tax will go down in next few months. so now im clueless

also there are lots of allions, premios available in these days. what's the reason for this price difference? i mean i have seen same G-superior for 54lks as well as 63lks ??

If you want the Allion go and buy the bloody thing... your money, not ours..... you are good enough to find 5mn bucks; so can't be dumb enough to believe that a sales guy decides the tax policies of this country?

If you want the Allion go and buy the bloody thing... your money, not ours..... you are good enough to find 5mn bucks; so can't be dumb enough to believe that a sales guy decides the tax policies of this country?

If i want the bloody thing i will buy it. but i was unable to decide which bloody thing to buy and thats why i opened this thread.

yes im good enough to make 5mn but it doesn't mean that i know about everything. again if i believed the sales guy, i wouldn't open a thread. please mind your words and learn how to speak.

asankaabs, You speak to seeker in the same tone that he spoke to you. That is fine. But please don't report others for it.

We are all adults here, and it is an open forum. While as we encourage polite courteous conduct as long as the statements made are intensely personal in nature, completely over the top, uses very bad language, advertising we do not usually censor them.

If i want the bloody thing i will buy it. but i was unable to decide which bloody thing to buy and thats why i opened this thread.

yes im good enough to make 5mn but it doesn't mean that i know about everything. again if i believed the sales guy, i wouldn't open a thread. please mind your words and learn how to speak.

If I were you I would look for something in the range of 4.5 mil and keep the rest for registration+ insurance+ maintainance. As the resale value is a top priority in your case, you can go for a 4-5 year old second hand vehicle of your choosing so that the initial depreciation has already taken place and you'll loose less at the time of resale. As far as brand/model is concerned, it's up to you to decide. Good luck with your buy.