• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

New Expressway

Qatar to build new Expressway from Katunayake to Kalpitiya

Jan 26, 2012 (LBT) - Sri Lanka is experiencing a tourism boom after a 30-year war in 2009. Having tourist arrivals risen 30% to 855,000 in 2011, Opening its first expressway to Galle in the south late last year, Quatari Investors have now expressed their keenness to build a toll expressway from the Katunayake Airport to Kalpitiya.

Qatar has proposed a large tourism development complex involving seven islets off the coast of Kalpitiya. It was stated, An expressway will take tourists from the airport in 20 to 30 minutes. So they said if they invest in the islands, they will also invest in the toll road.

Edited by liya

New Expressway from Katunayake to Kalpitiya

Possibly the masterplan is to connect hambantota port to Mannar through interlinked highways, so that transportation of goods can be made to Rameswaran, India, cutting down a huge shipping time for Indian goods?

Possibly the masterplan is to connect hambantota port to Mannar through interlinked highways, so that transportation of goods can be made to Rameswaran, India, cutting down a huge shipping time for Indian goods?

Interesting point... probably it'll be Colombo-Galle-Hambanthota, Colombo-Kandy-Trinco, Colombo-Katu-Kalpitiya-Mannar-Jaffna

There is no 1 ltr bottle of Gal only 750 ml. So thats close to 200ml per day ( 8 shots or 4 doubles ).

'CARBON B4',

Yes noon and night then one bottle is for four days before meals, I am 69 years old few more days to live. Enjoyed life from the time when I was a teenager. Waiting prepared for the final call at any time.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 2

There is hardly a view , since its a/c glass is closed, also glass is something like pespect sheet ? not glass, so not clear plus its not washed. I did not see any hot stewedesess but they did have a movie running...

thats too bad :( they should keep it clean. I will book it anyway just to get an experience.

'terrabytetango', For what reason, you want (WIFI) when you have other better things to watch. I hope you will not get offended. Sylvi Wijesinghe.

:sport-smiley-004: yeah I agree. anyway there was a advertisement saying wifi is available but cant find anything about that on their website.

slf810.jpg

Interesting point... probably it'll be Colombo-Galle-Hambanthota, Colombo-Kandy-Trinco, Colombo-Katu-Kalpitiya-Mannar-Jaffna

yup, Colombo-Galle-Hambantota-Arugam bay I believe......

The Sri Lankan government has decided to construct another expressway to connect the rising Southern port city of Hambantota to the popular surfing destination in the East coast, Arugam Bay.

http://www.arugam.info/2011/12/03/arugam-to-get-motor-railway-connections/

Edited by liya

'terrabytetango',

For what reason, you want (WIFI) when you have other better things to watch. I hope you will not get offended.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

In case there is no live entertainment, ethakota xhamster eke mokakhari balanna puluwanne.

• Like 2

In case there is no live entertainment, ethakota xhamster eke mokakhari balanna puluwanne.

Machang, why don't you coordinate with sylvi the next day he's on the train. That way you can sit in the seat before the last one and then you can get a up-close entertainment session of sylvi getting hammered and molesting a house-maid.

• Like 1

Friends... the aerial surveying of new Kandy highway was launched.First of 20 flights completed day before yesterday.FYI

MINIACE

ACE, is this going to be connecting and widening of a series of existing roads or cutting a new path altogether?

DId the whole stretch today in my Grandmother's Prado. Maintained a steady 220kmph for the whole journey, and bribed the cop at the end Rs 950. It is a personal record and might be a world record.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just pay the fine?