• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

DId the whole stretch today in my Grandmother's Prado. Maintained a steady 220kmph for the whole journey, and bribed the cop at the end Rs 950. It is a personal record and might be a world record.

Nice, how long did that take?

Came home this morning on the expressway on my way back from una. The cop at the entrance said the speed limit is 120. I was driving the Noah and kept it at 80 at the beginning cos the michelins are on the last leg. eventually I got bored and put my foot down.

This was my first time on the E01 and must say I was pretty impressed. Discipline was good except for the odd idiot. There was a van on the hard shoulder with a huge family having a picnic or something. two D*MO battas were driving side by side on the same lane at one point, the only time I had to use the horn. that goes to prove the lanes are actually wide enough. A Land cruiser went past me with headlights on and he was sticking permanently to the overtaking lane. I was with a friend who took his 320d to 230 there sometime back. He said a lot of landcruiser drivers do this. So It seems to be turning into a bit of a cult.

He also said the road isn't done that well cos he felt big bumps at around 200. I think this issue was brought up by quite a few people here. Well I didnt feel any bumps at legal speeds and I don't think this is a concern at all because those are the speeds the roads built to accommodate. spending extra on engineering to accommodate speeds only a handful of drivers would achieve is a waste in a country like ours.

My only criticism about the construction is the bridges not having a hard shoulder. some of them were very long and having a breakdown on them would spell big trouble.

Loved watching how towns were dispatched one after the other with great ease when it would have been a mission to tackle them on the A2

On a side note the Italian tune up thing happened to the Noah and now I can feel a nice surge whenever the turbo comes on.

• Like 1

DId the whole stretch today in my Grandmother's Prado. Maintained a steady 220kmph for the whole journey, and bribed the cop at the end Rs 950. It is a personal record and might be a world record.

That's a good one machan, let's hear another.

• Like 1

ch

Machang can u tell me which edition this prado is? i can confidently say that prado has only upto 200kmph on the speedo. i am saying that cuz i have a 4L V6 2010 and thats the fully loaded and biggest engine it comes with...

find somewhere else to lie :violent-smiley-100:

A Land cruiser went past me with headlights on and he was sticking permanently to the overtaking lane. I was with a friend who took his 320d to 230 there sometime back. He said a lot of landcruiser drivers do this. So It seems to be turning into a bit of a cult.

Hope it will not take a few lives before these morons realize that Landcruisers are not parcularly built for speed.

People learn better when thy are dying or just killed someone by accident.

my buddy said he lets them pull up to him and then put his foot down. I bet there's nothing more embarrassing than watching a 2 litre diesel saloon pulling away from your v8 while its being floored. So I guess that works too :P

A friend went on the expressway and maintained a constant speed of 180.. Slowed down when he saw the cops with the speed guns, no average time fine at the end though :/

Straga did your friend mentioned how much he have to pay as the fine?.

Edited by nexus

A friend went on the expressway and maintained a constant speed of 180.. Slowed down when he saw the cops with the speed guns, no average time fine at the end though :/

Straga did your friend mentioned how much he have to pay as the fine?.

Seems like his friend got away without having to pay a fine at all...

I hope Sean is just joking,he's been around here long enough to know not to BS us.

I was indeed :P Grandma only had comfortable peugeot 505 that spent most of it's life in the workshop- would have been nice to take that for a ride on the e01

Edited by SeanD