• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 2014

nilanw

I don't believe this!

Someone is worried about the second hand market of a car even before it gets assembled!

It's like looking for a school for the child even before the wife concieves!

F&&king sri lankan mentality!

PS. What the F&&k is a Lancer FIROE anyway????

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

Hey Berm Moper , I asked the second hand market for corollas manufactured in THAILAND such as Corolla 2014 as SL is known for Japanese made.I thought forum members would come up some intelligent answers :sad-smiley-066: , If you dont understand a question i think its time to leave the house ;)

oh FFS. its a corolla. whether its made in Japan, Thailand or Houndras its gonna sell like hotcakes

unless you've been living under a rock we are already getting thai/singapore corollas here

and seriously what the f*** is a lancer FIROE?

• Like 1

Hey Berm Moper , I asked the second hand market for corollas manufactured in THAILAND such as Corolla 2014 as SL is known for Japanese made.I thought forum members would come up some intelligent answers :sad-smiley-066: , If you dont understand a question i think its time to leave the house ;)

If you dont know how to ask a question clearly, I think its time for YOU to leave the house ;) Its a pretty dumb question to ask anyway. Like Schiffer said its a toyota corolla, there wont be any serious price defernece between a jap and a thai/singapore assembeld one.

Know one thing... this is NOT the forum for you. Go post your question in elakiri and u will get answers according to your intelligence level. This is a forum for people who have a IQ of more than 10... and moderators will decide who needs to leave the house.

and seriously what the f*** is a lancer FIROE?
PS. What the F&&k is a Lancer FIROE anyway????

Probably the Lancer that'll be out in 2014 (possibly made in Thailand).

Wake up OP, stand on the side of Galle road and count the number of Toyota Hilux trucks we have over here. All of them are from Thailand and I don't see people specifically looking for the "Made In Japan" label on them. The story is and will be the same for the car in question IMHO.

Lancer "Fiore" is an old JDM name badge yea? Is it still used by Mitsubishi?

Yeah, the sedan during the 1980s. I'm not aware of the name being used on a future Lancer.

I was just making fun of the whole topic when I told that the it's probably the Lancer.

Hi All , Excited about corolla 2014 , Heard all Corolla now being assembled in Thailand? how will be the second hand market for these cars? :sad-smiley-067:

simple answer,..................... the second hand market wii be good ( like the hilux, fortuna etc),

and the third hand market would be even better

dont just waste your excitement, ....... go for it

Know one thing... this is NOT the forum for you. Go post your question in elakiri and u will get answers according to your intelligence level. This is a forum for people who have a IQ of more than 10... and moderators will decide who needs to leave the house.

Hey man , whats elakiri ? are you using that ? LOL

Hi All , Excited about corolla 2014 , Heard all Corolla now being assembled in Thailand? how will be the second hand market for these cars? :sad-smiley-067:

No need to wash again, it will be like "a milk tree hit by a mall tree".

(ayi hodanna deyak neha, kiri gahata mol gahen anna wage second hand market eka sure).

Even most of the FD4s were assembled in Thailand....Montero sports, Fortuners, 3.2 permit Monteros all of them are from Thailand aren't they?

You'll get toyotas assembled in India / Pakistan in the next few years to SL.one might never know

But one thing, I drove the Pakistani assembled 141/142 & FD1, not good as their Thai made 141 counterparts (Civic am not sure whether the FD1s were Thai assembled, ) the smoothness of the ride, cabin noise, sound insulation, damping of road imperfections , not even near.....

Edited by Warlord

Even most of the FD4s were assembled in Thailand....Montero sports, Fortuners, 3.2 permit Monteros all of them are from Thailand aren't they?

You'll get toyotas assembled in India / Pakistan in the next few years to SL.one might never know

But one thing, I drove the Pakistani assembled 141/142 & FD1, not good as their Thai made 141 counterparts (Civic am not sure whether the FD1s were Thai assembled, ) the smoothness of the ride, cabin noise, sound insulation, damping of road imperfections , not even near.....

permit monteros (Brand new ones) are made in JAPAN, at least mine .................. ( was shipped from Port of Nagoya and I have all the shipping document)

that is another myth spreaded by some old Montero/prado owners to keep their vehicles front.

Edited by priyanka

Apologies. The MMC Thailand plant only builds Monetero & Pajero sports, Triton, L200 , Lancer & Mirage in their newest plant. But a quick question? the JDM pajero and the permit montero(local agent's) , both carry the same 4m41 engine right? but their engine notes are significantly different, which i guess is attributable to the diesel pump. Also, whilst googling I happened to note that there is a Thai built 4M41 engine available for the Triton. Is this engine being used for the permit montero ? Also, once I read in an article that the 4M41 was dumped in favor of the 4D56 when the montero sport (not the challenger) was built as it offered more BHP than the former. Is there any truth to this? Also I noted that the F10 - 520D the agent's version was significantly louder than the UK imports, although there is only one engine type 2.0 T i4 (N47D20....)available for all the 520Ds.

Edited by Warlord

Apologies. The MMC Thailand plant only builds Monetero & Pajero sports, Triton, L200 , Lancer & Mirage in their newest plant. But a quick question? the JDM pajero and the permit montero(local agent's) , both carry the same 4m41 engine right? but their engine notes are significantly different, which i guess is attributable to the diesel pump. Also, whilst googling I happened to note that there is a Thai built 4M41 engine available for the Triton. Is this engine being used for the permit montero ? Also, once I read in an article that the 4M41 was dumped in favor of the 4D56 when the montero sport (not the challenger) was built as it offered more BHP than the former. Is there any truth to this? Also I noted that the F10 - 520D the agent's version was significantly louder than the UK imports, although there is only one engine type 2.0 T i4 (N47D20....)available for all the 520Ds.

The Montero imported for the permit brought down from the agents is 100% Made in Japan and the chassis number confirms it.

The 4M41 in the company Montero is from japan alright but it different from the JDM Pajero.

The Pajero engine has a little bit more horses in exchange it has to be fed with higher quality diesel which is a rear thing in our country,

one shot of the miracle oil that we get which turns off even locomotives and the Pajero 4M41 will have it.

The Montero has less horses but can withstand the bad diesel found in our country.

The Montero and Pajero comparison will be like the GDi and the V6 of the previous gen Pajero and Montero,

The JDM Pajero needed higher quality fuel than the Agent brought Montero V6

And the Pajero GDi had a lot of issues with our poor quality fuel.

The Montero 4M41 can even be fed with the normal Diesel but the company recommends super,

And for the Pajero or Shogun Our super will even be not enough.

The 4D56 is an excellent engine but has less power than the 4M41,

I think the Sport has it because it shares a lot with the L200 cab which has the 4D56,

But I'm a fan of the 4D56 as I have done a lot of miles on them and they never gave me trouble, so i wan't comment on it.

And for the F10 let the euro experts decide.

Engine specs vary with the market depending on the performance / economy/ fuel requirement of the specific country for instance the Montero/ Pajero/ Shogun 4M41 will have 165 bhp (SL) / 190 bhp (JDM) / 197 bhp (UK Spec)

Variation comes mostly from the injection and turbo specs.

Fuel in SL contains very high amount Sulphur and impurities (even super diesel) so the high performing version could give trouble with age.

Basic Montero with venerable 4D56 is offered locally with manual transmission if one does not mind the snail pace acceleration.