• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Around 15-20 Laks

n00b

Question

First i must thank admins for accepting my AutoLanka forum user account.

So, Here is the story. I'm looking for a car (sedan/saloon) around 15-20 laks (Japanese/European). It will be my very first vehicle. I don't have expert knowledge in the area. But i was thinking of getting Civic EK3.

Need your opinions.about EK3.

• Current Price range.
  • Models available.
  • Things i should look before buying.
  • Fuel consumption (Manual vs. Auto)

... also about other vehicles i can get for that price range,

Thanks.

Edited by n00b

Onna noob chance eka :D

Lol :P Its fishy. There is something behind that car. Komisiripala's friend bought it neh ? Maybe he can tell about it. When i call the previous owner. he said he was using it only for two weeks o.O

Edited by n00b

Lol :P Its fishy. There is something behind that car. Komisiripala's friend bought it neh ? Maybe he can tell about it. When i call the previous owner. he said he was using it only for two weeks o.O

That's something to worry about. Two owners try to sell the same car with in few days after they bought it? So with original sale now it's waiting 3rd sale with in a month may be?

That's something to worry about. Two owners try to sell the same car with in few days after they bought it? So with original sale now it's waiting 3rd sale with in a month may be?

Seems the deal was cancelled. BTW How car made in 1996 get EA number plate ?

VSdw4eF.png

Edited by n00b

Let me clear the air here.

1. Macroxx had an issue. Not the car. Since it's personal I'd rather not discuss the why of that here.

2. Car is 300/301 re-registered to ea. why ppl do that is beyond me. Waste of money.

3. Car was once in a bad state, neglected needing attention. But was bought by a friend of another forum member, restored and later sold. All running repairs on it now are up to date.

4. Present owner has a long commute to work. And didn't know jack about fuel figures of an sir and would frankly prefer a manual shift.

So there's nothing wrong with the car noob. You have my word on that

1. Macroxx had an issue. Not the car. Since it's personal I'd rather not discuss the why of that here.

2. Car is 300/301 re-registered to ea. why ppl do that is beyond me. Waste of money.

3. Car was once in a bad state, neglected needing attention. But was bought by a friend of another forum member, restored and later sold. All running repairs on it now are up to date.

4. Present owner has a long commute to work. And didn't know jack about fuel figures of an sir and would frankly prefer a manual shift.

Hmm will see ;)

If they are not advertised as Vi, the chances are both Exi. You can identify 2 VTEC solenoids in engine, S1 S2 & D switches in steering wheel (99/00 model). And you can see model is embedded in blue colour plate in engine bay. It says "Type Vi"

If they are not advertised as Vi, the chances are both Exi. You can identify 2 VTEC solenoids in engine, S1 S2 & D switches in steering wheel (99/00 model). And you can see model is embedded in blue colour plate in engine bay. It says "Type Vi"

Ya, Visited 2000 EK3 today. It was LEV Non VTec :/ Hmm. S1, S2 modes available in Vi also ? I thought its only on Vi-RS.

Komi, any idea about the number of owners this car has had?

What's the reason for checking on cold start ?

This has been explained in detail before noob. Run a search on "ek3 gearbox, multimatic" you'll find the threads. In summary: if box not maintained well, o rings would have wasted and the filters clogged, so oil won't pressure Ona. Cold start, because it hasn't come to running temperature and viscosity. Hence you're have a jerk when engaging drive on a cold start that goes away when oil heats up.

This issue can be fixed but will cost you around 35,000. Cvt boxes have to be maintained more frequently than normal four speed autos. Oil replacement every 15,000km and only Honda cvt-ATF

Komi, any idea about the number of owners this car has had?

3 in the book. More in reality. No idea how many. It has been raced too.

Honestly, with a car like that it's like checking the virginity of a whore, no? Previous owner (to current one) did a full body strip down, paint and rebuilt the engine. Pretty much what I did with my car, without adding performance parts.

• Like 1