• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buying A 1994-95 Model Pajero Intercooler Turbo 2800

Dafunkdi

Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm seriousely interested in buying a 1994-95 model Mitsubishi Pajero Intercooler Turbo 2800. I have loved this vehicle since I was a kid & need the advice & support in making this purchase decision since I havent used any SUV or any Mitsubishi vehicle in the past. Therefore its a new experience for me.

Please be kind enough to advice on all aspects such as price, fuel efficiency, mechanical issues known for, driving experience, availability of parts etc on this vehicle. Your support is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

1. Tampered/damaged/cut vehicles auctioned off by customs are sold for spare parts. Chassis number must be removed and chassis/unibody must be cut to pieces. They will confiscate the chassis number part anyway but the number of pieces which you have to cut the chassis solely depends on the customs official and you *wink* *wink*. Customs will not issue any documents for registration

2. Whole vehicles auctioned off by customs will have extra 6 digits on the chassis number, appended by Sri Lanka customs. For example, if the vehicle's chassis number is FB15-123456, the appended number will be FB15-123456-CMT0XX. The registration book will carry "Bought from Auction" in the 'Condition when registered' field. Almost always, the YoM in these vehicles are wrong. The buyer can sweet talk the customs officer to write a YoM he likes. Hell, I have seen a early 1990s Mitsubishi Minica, which was auctioned by customs, with the registration book saying Toyota Minica and YoM as 2002.

3. Some vehicles, which are seized by customs, are handed over to government departments and ministeries, instead of being auctioned off. These vehicles have no additional characters in the chassis number (no CMT-0XXX part).

4. Vehicles which were auctioned off by customs years ago, didn't have the "Bought from Auction" part in the CR. Instead, the first owner of the vehicle was "Director General of Customs".

Ah yes thats what i was referring to

What are you? customs officer?? :P

Valuable info machang,, thanks for sharing.

Ado yeah crosswind. Bro should I be brown-nosing you? I have a regular parts influx

Sadly I'm no customs officer. My pater was a car importer since the 1970s til he gave up the business the 90s. I still have links in the (now ruthless and cut-throat) industry. Apparently the first words I uttered as an infant, were Isuzu and Suzuki :)

Edited by Crosswind

Thanks to all who took an immense effort & time to provide me with valuable advice in making a good purchase decision.
After checking out approximately 8 or more Mitsubishi Pajero intercoolers, I found that they not to the standard I wanted where many had mechanical issues too.
Most of them were small but I didn't want my first suv to give me trouble from the start. So now I have shifted my focus to a Toyota Prado 120. Hopefully I can get a good one for price within 4-5 million.

Love the Intercooler a lot & will continue to do it but I feel still I'm not up for it. May be one day & will definitely use your advice.

Thanks to all.

Ya! There was a 2004 model for 4.6 million but the milage was way above 100,000km & the condition was somewhat ok. Hope I can get a better one.

If the vehicle was imported brand new don't pay too much attention to the mileage. Most mileage numbers are doctored in Sri Lanka anyway. Pay attention to condition.

Also a vehicle which was regularly run is bound to be in better shape than one which has been languishing without use.

If the vehicle was imported brand new don't pay too much attention to the mileage. Most mileage numbers are doctored in Sri Lanka anyway. Pay attention to condition.

Also a vehicle which was regularly run is bound to be in better shape than one which has been languishing without use.

Dear Don,

I actually found one for Rs. 5m with a mileage of 44,000 range & very well maintained at toyota lanka itself throughout (did a double check on that too). Interior & exterior in mint condition & was rarely used as a second vehicle. No rattling noises or vibrations. It was a smooth drive. More than anything its a manual transmission which I really wanted as I was getting fed up of automatic. Hope to close the deal today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your valuable advices. I feel this is much better than a 1994 model intercooler turbo since finding parts won't be that easy.

Thanks again Don

• Like 1

Dear Don,

I actually found one for Rs. 5m with a mileage of 44,000 range & very well maintained at toyota lanka itself throughout (did a double check on that too). Interior & exterior in mint condition & was rarely used as a second vehicle. No rattling noises or vibrations. It was a smooth drive. More than anything its a manual transmission which I really wanted as I was getting fed up of automatic. Hope to close the deal today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your valuable advices. I feel this is much better than a 1994 model intercooler turbo since finding parts won't be that easy.

Thanks again Don

Post some pics when you get it mate,

We love to see babies born to autolanka members