• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

The site said as I remember the theoretical top speed and had within brackets "without speed limiters" or something like that. Agree with the last sentence.

Usually when someone says theoretical it means it was done using calculations rather than actually doing it. So the "theoretical was done by calculating it where one of the assumptions for it to be valid was that there was no speed limiter :) It would be surprising if someone actually went through the trouble of disabling the limiter just to speed test a Vezel :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="iRage" data-cid="272672" data-time="1424528063"><p>

<br />

Usually when someone says theoretical it means it was done using calculations rather than actually doing it. So the "theoretical was done by calculating it where one of the assumptions for it to be valid was that there was no speed limiter :) It would be surprising if someone actually went through the trouble of disabling the limiter just to speed test a Vezel :sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote>

Yeah that's what I was implying. Atleast specs of some cars mentioned there appears to be true( in case of the X1)

well rue in SL lane markings are merely a suggestion...but then again most lane markings are so inconsistent and two lanes (for a single direction) just suddenly become three and the markings just...they just...just...I have no words...

@Magnum: The Malaysian HR-V comes ONLY with a 1.8ltr engine, I wonder if that is going to be the same for the rest of the Asian market and if the local agents would actually bring it down (my guess is they won't as the locals are obsessed with it because it is a Hybrid).

Local agents will be bringing it down by the looks of it. Ad in the paper today from them for the HRV; it's a 1.5 Litre we're getting and they went to the trouble of spelling out that it will be a non hybrid.

i Highly Doubt that 0-60 Figures of the vezel mentioned here, even if the brochure say 8 sec in 0-60 it does feel 10+, i know can my car's brochure say's its 7.9 but i could leave a vezel to be like a tiny dot in my rear view from a standing Start, from personal experience it even struggles a lot just to get past 100 in normal road, anyhow i couldn't compare it with a similar(may be the new outlander would be a worthy contender),

my Personal view - i hate damn tree hugger's(because they drive worse and boast on there fuel figures) mostly because today people seriously needs to know how drive on the damn road and the why there's lines and all the markings

Janith Seneviratne - I really doubt if you got any chance to drive a vezel? it doesn't struggle at any speed, coz i've tested it in different speed limit at different conditions. anyway, i don't speed as a habit as it is unnecessary.

may be the guy you overtook didn't wanted to be a part of your imaginary drag race. ;)

(count the time it leaves 0 and reaches 100) As mentioned earlier most people drive in eco mode , it makes the throttle shit :P Cheers ;)

Good one killercruise

• Like 1

I am just curious to know what others' definition/understanding of what 'under-powered' is.

EDIT: To be more clear, how would you determine if a car is under powered?

EDIT 2: Not to ignite any flames again...but was going through some of the old Vezel articles from when Honda did the official press "event. Honda actually claimed that the hybrid version would perform equal to their 2000cc gasoline engine. You could find some of the articles by searching "ホンダ ヴェゼル 2000cc" in google. Will have to translate it through.

Edited by iRage

Local agents will be bringing it down by the looks of it. Ad in the paper today from them for the HRV; it's a 1.5 Litre we're getting and they went to the trouble of spelling out that it will be a non hybrid.

Are we getting the manual one by any chance? If yes it would be awesome :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Supra_Natural" data-cid="272724" data-time="1424600377"><p>

<br />

Local agents will be bringing it down by the looks of it. Ad in the paper today from them for the HRV; it's a 1.5 Litre we're getting and they went to the trouble of spelling out that it will be a non hybrid.</p></blockquote>

Yeah saw that. The non-hybrid emphasis was funny.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Supra_Natural" data-cid="272724" data-time="1424600377"><p>

<br />

Local agents will be bringing it down by the looks of it. Ad in the paper today from them for the HRV; it's a 1.5 Litre we're getting and they went to the trouble of spelling out that it will be a non hybrid.</p></blockquote>

Yeah saw that. The non-hybrid emphasis was funny.

My dad decided to buy a vezel to replace the sore to which had served as the rough use vehicle. I think he thought that it would serve both as a suv and an economical vehicle and went ahead with it ignoring my protest.

My work place is about 60km from Colombo and I usually use both my F10 or the Sorento to travel to work. When I used the the vezel the first problem I had was overtaking. The damn thing doesn't pull when on Eco mode and when you switch it off I don't feel any different, when I tried the sports mode it does tend to accelerate but you really get confused with the paddle shift cuz when you down shift the vehicle up shifts by itself. I have never come across any other vehicle which does this. I don't know if there is any special way I need to drive this vehicle? I'm not a person who looks at the fuel economy but the figures i got from running in the vezel was 450km from 34.34ltrs.

The only good thing I feel is You don't have to worry about the road condition unlike the F10 which is somewhat low. And it's easy to park comparing the size difference.

No I'm not comparing the vezel and F10. I just don't think that it can be called an suv. Its not an ideal vehicle for out station running. I can't think of it as an suv. It's just a bit higher than a car. I actually don't see much of a difference using an Allion compared to this.

This is just my personal opinion. I repeat "personal opinion"

I am just curious to know what others' definition/understanding of what 'under-powered' is.

EDIT: To be more clear, how would you determine if a car is under powered?

EDIT 2: Not to ignite any flames again...but was going through some of the old Vezel articles from when Honda did the official press "event. Honda actually claimed that the hybrid version would perform equal to their 2000cc gasoline engine. You could find some of the articles by searching "ホンダ ヴェゼル 2000cc" in google. Will have to translate it through.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at least as my mechanics of machines lecturer taught, power is required to overcome the resistance. In case of a vehicle, it's mainly drag created proportional to the velocity traveling. And ability to pull is measured in terms of Newton meters. So a car will feel underpowered when it's doing a reasonable speed and not being able to increase that at a rapid rate. Low on torque means when it struggle to get off the line quickly. hope I am right

My dad decided to buy a vezel to replace the sore to which had served as the rough use vehicle. I think he thought that it would serve both as a suv and an economical vehicle and went ahead with it ignoring my protest.

My work place is about 60km from Colombo and I usually use both my F10 or the Sorento to travel to work. When I used the the vezel the first problem I had was overtaking. The damn thing doesn't pull when on Eco mode and when you switch it off I don't feel any different, when I tried the sports mode it does tend to accelerate but you really get confused with the paddle shift cuz when you down shift the vehicle up shifts by itself. I have never come across any other vehicle which does this. I don't know if there is any special way I need to drive this vehicle? I'm not a person who looks at the fuel economy but the figures i got from running in the vezel was 450km from 34.34ltrs.

The only good thing I feel is You don't have to worry about the road condition unlike the F10 which is somewhat low. And it's easy to park comparing the size difference.

No I'm not comparing the vezel and F10. I just don't think that it can be called an suv. Its not an ideal vehicle for out station running. I can't think of it as an suv. It's just a bit higher than a car. I actually don't see much of a difference using an Allion compared to this.

This is just my personal opinion. I repeat "personal opinion"

You drive the best car in the road man. Don't expect the vezel to be even close. I had the same problem when the vezel was bought at first, but if you let the German aside and look at it, works fine for me. Yes paddle shifts make a mess. They ask for optimum RPM to shift up or down. Unless it will shift itself. Shitty yes but maybe they programmed it to protect the gearbox.

You drive the best car in the SL roads man. Don't expect the vezel to be even close. I had the same problem when the vezel was bought at first, but if you let the German aside and look at it, works fine for me. Yes paddle shifts make a mess. They ask for optimum RPM to shift up or down. Unless it will shift itself. Shitty yes but maybe they programmed it to protect the gearbox.

Janith Seneviratne - I really doubt if you got any chance to drive a vezel? it doesn't struggle at any speed, coz i've tested it in different speed limit at different conditions. anyway, i don't speed as a habit as it is unnecessary.

may be the guy you overtook didn't wanted to be a part of your imaginary drag race. ;)

Good one killercruise

you Doubt Hmmm......., LOL,

i dont speed as a habit either,

i dont drag either it is the difference felt between driving my car and the vezel, did i mention i was over taking someone :wacko2:

i know i cant compare mine with this totally two different things so if you feel its that fast, i'd say Happy driving, Enjoy the ride, its all about each of our personal pleasure in driving if you are an petrolhead

Cheer!

hey man! Thanks for making this thread interesting. It was getting really bored since all the critiques have seem to given up.

Oh I'm no critic. I don't even know that much about cars. I'm just looking for a good / Hoda Vesi Honda Vezel at a reasonable price.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Oh I'm no critic. I don't even know that much about cars. I'm just looking for a good / Hoda Vesi Honda Vezel at a reasonable price.

If there was a TOPGEAR Sri Lanka, we could have got all the stars to drive a round in this

You drive the best car in the road man. Don't expect the vezel to be even close. I had the same problem when the vezel was bought at first, but if you let the German aside and look at it, works fine for me. Yes paddle shifts make a mess. They ask for optimum RPM to shift up or down. Unless it will shift itself. Shitty yes but maybe they programmed it to protect the gearbox.

So you final called your vezel "shirty" shame on you!

To protect the gear box???? Isn't it a cvt? If so you have to expect sluggish acceleration.